PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Well done lads - REF!!!!!
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Well done lads - REF!!!!!  (Read 3670 times)

Jenga

« on: March 10, 2009, 09:52:52 PM »

I thought every Alty player battled tonight for the full 90 mins. A credit to the whole team.

As for the referee what a JOKE again!!! He lost us the match with that stupid idea of a free kick in Torquays half which led to the goal. The booking near the end was even worse, the player fell over before any Alty player was near him

THANKS REF YOU PRI** you lost us the game and no one else.

And if anyone comes on here to defend the referee then please dont bother posting because you will only make a fool of yourself again.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Well done lads - REF!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 09:56:09 PM »

We need to battle for 94 mins, this slagging the ref every game is getting silly.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Jenga

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 10:02:42 PM »

We need to battle for 94 mins, this slagging the ref every game is getting silly.

We did battle for 94 mins. the referee lost his concentration and LOST us the game - FACT.

penfold

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2009, 10:17:03 PM »

What has really got on my tits is the way we can play good football against the so called full time teams in the league, who  are pushing for the playoff's. The first half was pretty piss poor on our part, but something seemed to click within the team for the 2nd 45 and we showed them how to play. When Joe came on he looked lively and made decent runs, Doughty played well making decent runs and passes down the left wing, overall a decent team performance, unlike the refs!
I hope he looks at the match footage and realises the free kick outside the box in the last couple on mins was a drogba dive. I pray that we get something on Saturday now.

JT

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2009, 10:20:24 PM »

There is no getting away from this one, that was a horrible decision by ref.  If what Dale did isn't allowed in football, then god knows what is.  

Absolutely gutted.  Just feel that would have stopped this poor mini-run of results, what are the boys' confidence levls going to be like after that?  Especially Dale, everyone could see how gutted he was at the end.

Fuming.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2009, 10:59:59 PM »

Did the ref score their goal for them?

This blaming of referees has become completely tedious now and it's utterly embarrassing. Is there no accountability for Alty's players/management under any circumstances? Does the referee really have a bad game EVERY time we lose?

I think we need to start using a bit of common sense and realise that, even when the team play well for most of the game, mistakes happen and opposing players also come up with moments of brilliance. It sounds to me like their goal was a screamer (again) so we just need to chalk it down to experience and move on instead of blaming the ref like petulant kids.
Come on Alty!

Jenga

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2009, 11:06:03 PM »

Whether you like it or not the ref lost us the game today by giving that free kick which lost us the game.

I am going to bed, i feel gutted for the players tonight.

Night Night everyone.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2009, 11:15:13 PM »

Totally gutted.

Pretty much the same feeling as after the Stevenage game. Don't really want to moan about the ref's but the drop ball  against Stevenage and the free kick against Johnson have cost 2 points and God knows what in confidence.

It's a must to get Denham back as the bench is not going to turn a game (with the exception of O'Neil who did well tonight).

Senior went down with no one near him like he'd been shot so Christ knows how long he'll be out.

And yes Weymouth IS a must win game.
Full time and proud of it

Alex

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2009, 11:21:39 PM »

spoke to chris in the bar he said he would be out for the rest of the season (hamstrings i think). so denham will more than likely come back, can i also add joe did very well when he came off the bench.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2009, 11:35:29 PM »

I'm not gonna defend the Ref tonight

There's no need!

Here's how it looked from the tunnel (between dug outs)

Alty player goes into challenge

Ref blows whistle and awards Torquay free kick

Alty Manager flies off bench to take issue with..........

Alty Players for losing discipline....not a single word of criticism of the Ref for the free kick at the time it was awarded

As someone has already said,  did he score the goal for them?

Answer, no!

It's a bit like the argument Steve Bruce promulgated the other week along the lines of if the ref had given a different decision we wouldn't have given away three throw ins and a corner and they'd not have scored. The guy whacked it in from about 20 yards end of story, it wasn't direct from the free kick, it wasn't a penalty...how can it be anything other than a goal fit to win a match?

I've been saying it for too long and I know I've hacked loads of folk off but this automatic blaming of the officials for all our woes is pointless and is now becoming embarrassing.

I went to a training course a couple of weeks back and the trainer said to us...People who have never done your job have no knowledge of how to do it nor of how you make your decisions. People like that criticise out of frustration and ignorance and really are'nt interested in knowing how to do the job or why you do what yoy do because it's easier to criticise than to TRY to understand.

Oh and this training session was about the approval or otherwise of claims for the reimbursement of fees and expenses....Could it possibly apply to any other sphere of activity???

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2009, 11:55:51 PM »

Whether you like it or not the ref lost us the game today by giving that free kick which lost us the game.

I am going to bed, i feel gutted for the players tonight.

Night Night everyone.

To be honest Jenga, the ref gave them a free kick in the far quarter of their half, the ball travelled 80 yards and we didn't deal with it. Honestly, get over it for f**ks sake. I thought the ref was fine tonight, he let a good game flow with few stoppages although he did seem to start giving Torquay decisions with 5 mins to go.

It wasn't a foul by Dale, however from the moment he was knackered 50 mins he'd given away half a dozen free kicks by clumsily blundering into the back of people, when you do that you'll find the marginal ones going against you.

We battled really well tonight in a good game against a good team but got done by a late strike from outside the box, relax.

Jenga

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2009, 08:35:45 AM »

I'm not gonna defend the Ref tonight

There's no need!

Contradiction if there ever was one. Expect nothing less.

Seems almost everyone in the crowd complained about the free kick, I guess you didnt hear the 90% of the crowd express their disappointment from the Pop Side to Golf Road to Mausaleum and Main Stand at the decision? I guess you probably agreed with the free kick and no one else understands refereeing except you as you have been on a course and your obviously right.

Can I ask you one question ATS - was it a free kick in your opinion and are the other 90% of the Alty Crowd wrong?

Woke this morning and I am still fuming.

The free kick never was, had it not been a free kick we would have got a point. So I still blame the ref and he helped them score the goal.

As for the rest of the game he did ok, didnt notice him and that is how it should be. But those last 5 mins he lost concentration totally. The booking on the edge of our box was disgraceful.

Still gutted for the players.

Oh and sorry to everyone I am embarrasing by expressing my views - naughty Jenga :-)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 08:44:41 AM by Jenga »

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2009, 09:51:25 AM »

I agree that the players battled but after 60 mins the ball failed to stick with the front three and we lacked a different tactic to break the opposition down, for me a switch to 442 with johnson or oneil on the right and payton on the left, just to try something different
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2009, 12:46:05 PM »

Ref's make mistakes, they are human like everybody else. A bit of a cliche, but over a season these things do tend to even themselves out. It's annoying when a mistake is made by a ref and a goal results, but if you follow this game you have to learn to live with it.

It is getting incredibly tiresome (and not a little embarrassing) to see refs being blamed for all of our defeats. The simple fact of the matter is if you don't score enough goals you are always going to be likely to come a cropper (regardless of what the ref does or doesn't do). Part-time team in full-time league, limited budget, whatever way you want to look at it as things stand we are always going to struggle to compete in this league and any points gained will be hard-earned. Luck and bad decisions play a part, but to a certain degree you make your own luck.

Unless you truly believe that the Conference referees are sent out with instructions to get the poor little part-time Northerners, then there's little point in trying to blame them at every turn.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 12:47:39 PM by Uncle Globnasty »
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Jenga

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2009, 01:32:31 PM »

Ref's make mistakes, they are human like everybody else. A bit of a cliche, but over a season these things do tend to even themselves out. It's annoying when a mistake is made by a ref and a goal results, but if you follow this game you have to learn to live with it.

It is getting incredibly tiresome (and not a little embarrassing) to see refs being blamed for all of our defeats. The simple fact of the matter is if you don't score enough goals you are always going to be likely to come a cropper (regardless of what the ref does or doesn't do). Part-time team in full-time league, limited budget, whatever way you want to look at it as things stand we are always going to struggle to compete in this league and any points gained will be hard-earned. Luck and bad decisions play a part, but to a certain degree you make your own luck.

Unless you truly believe that the Conference referees are sent out with instructions to get the poor little part-time Northerners, then there's little point in trying to blame them at every turn.

Fair point, well made.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team