News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 favourite ever Alty photo

Author Topic: favourite ever Alty photo  (Read 3979 times)

RocketDan

« on: March 26, 2011, 10:17:15 PM »

if we stay up, i'd love it framed in the NWS.

altytony1

Re: favourite ever Alty photo
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2011, 10:19:52 PM »

lawtons face makes me giggle so much,made my day that result and pic.wheres williams and coburn were they taking the netting down lol
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 10:22:17 PM by altytony1 »

bumble

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2011, 10:27:13 PM »

if we stay up, i'd love it framed in the NWS.

YES!

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2011, 10:44:26 PM »

I love it when players celebrate like that and with the fans. What I miss most about not being able to get back....

That picture shows that everyone is pulling in the right direction and that we will fight til the very end.

Damn Luton letting us down ...

RocketDan

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2011, 10:55:42 PM »

lawtons face makes me giggle so much,made my day that result and pic.wheres williams and coburn were they taking the netting down lol

took me a while to find this one, Lawton just loves it.

altytony1

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2011, 11:18:07 PM »

love it dan cheers man,lmfao

bighairedmike

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2011, 12:43:23 AM »

I sent that picture to a lad that used to be taught by Robbie and he loved it. Apparently thats the same face that he pulls whenever the kids teams at school score.  ;D

Great to see so much passion, especially from the loanees. Obviously Greg knows what it means, but look at Piergianni's face!

altytony1

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2011, 02:20:10 AM »

what i wanna know is why connors is not in fleetwoods first team,hes been class for us.

taxi Phil

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2011, 03:17:19 AM »

what i wanna know is why connors is not in fleetwoods first team,hes been class for us.
Maybe he's not happy at Fleetwood ? If that's the case, he'd be a very welcome addition to the squad for next season, PROVIDED he doesn't get an offer from a full time club.

markecky

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2011, 09:11:26 AM »

Not since Shotton (and Carl this season) have I seen a loan player with more commitment.  He just works and works and works.

Yesterday he was clearly in some pain with his ankle and kept going in for crunching 50/50's...which clearly hurt and then he would punch the ground in pain and carry on!

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2011, 11:04:48 AM »

Another of my favourite Alty photos was the one a few years back V Yeovil Town when I think Paul France scored a late winner. It showed Franny and Ricky Harris amongst others going charging over after Franny scored, but it was the sheer delight and manic grins on their faces that got me!!

This gets me to ask my favourite football question.

How must it feel inside to score a goal in front of paying fans, whether it is front of 100, 1000 or 50000 fans. To be honest if it was me and it was a vital goal like that one yesterday, I think my head would explode from the adrenalin boost!

I was once at a Unicorn sportsmans evening, and I asked Norman Whiteside how he felt after scoring against Big Nev in the only FA cup final I have ever attended. He said it was impossible to explain, unless you had actually been in that situation yourself. Being as I am actually sh*te at playing football, am now 53 but still carry a deep love of the game there is Zilch chance of me ever finding out. But I did appreciate the misty look in his eyes as he reminisced over it, and feel my above surmise is not that far off.

Perhaps once of our players could answer it........?

Alex

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2011, 11:57:15 AM »

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2011, 12:12:34 PM »

Just look at Youngy! Absolutely brilliant.

The importance of having personalities like Greg in the dressing room cannot be overstated.
Come on Alty!

taxi Phil

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2011, 12:16:03 PM »

Not quite at the level spoken of, but.................

In the early 70's I was privileged to play up front in a VERY decent Sunday League team in Birmingham. My line manager at work roped me in - Brian played semi-pro for Brierley Hill in the West Midlands League, and had captained Aston Villa reserves only two years previously. Three more of our lads played at a similar level, and the keeper had played a handful of games for Walsall in his youth.

We swept through the League unbeaten, and I averaged nearly two goals a game - but they were all the sort my Granny could have scored, because the quality of the the rest of the team was so good at that level that I only had to be in the right place and it would go in off whatever part of me was leading at the time !

I had to put up with a lot of banter, and the frequent use of the phrase "But when are you going to score a PROPER goal ?". The answer came two games from the end of the season.

It was very windy, and their keeper was struggling to clear his lines. Early in the second half his punted clearance hung in the air and dropped invitingly in front of me about 40 yards out. I whacked it on the half volley. It could have gone anywhere - but it went straight in the top corner. The "crowd" of about 25 went barmy, and the lads flattened me as if I'd just scored the winner in the Cup Final. I can tell you it took nearly a month for the euphoria to wear off !

Moved back up here in the close season, didn't play at all for 5 years, never again turned out in a decent side. But that was my moment - and I'm still sitting here with a silly grin remembering it 40 years later.  

RocketDan

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2011, 01:48:25 PM »

Maybe he's not happy at Fleetwood ? If that's the case, he'd be a very welcome addition to the squad for next season, PROVIDED he doesn't get an offer from a full time club.

I think his contract is up at the end of the season and he will be released by fleetwood. I'd offer him a contract right now.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team