News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Burton game and replay

Author Topic: Burton game and replay  (Read 1412 times)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Burton game and replay
« on: November 07, 2012, 07:17:31 PM »

I thought the lads were tremendous in the first half against Burton, that was the best first half performance I have seen Alty play in the FA Cup. They played with heart and confidence, some of the football was excellent. We were first to nearly every loose balls, could not fault that first half.

Second half from observations seemed as if they were told to soak up the pressure for the first 20-25 minutes, I am hoping this was not the case and that it was just a higher league club stepping it up and piling the pressure on but we sat far too deep and invited pressure. Personally I would have brought Watmore on earlier but that is me being picky as I thought the players, management and supporters were a credit to the club. I was gutted at the end result but also proud and it could be a blessing financially.

The second leg we must go at them, we are a lot better team attacking without a doubt. They had nothing for us to fear apart from physical presence on crosses, but that is an area we need to address week in and week out. Richman has been playing well but we have not had 3 points since we played the midfield four of Clee, Moult, Rodgers and Watmore. I thought Rodgers was immense against Burton and Moult was not far behind, great centre midfield display. I just feel Watmore on the right would scare the hell out of them, he has the energy for the full 90 minutes.

Finally I think the club will need to open all turnstiles as I think we will get a decent crowd !!!

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
Re: Burton game and replay
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2012, 11:45:05 PM »

The Watmore debate is a difficult one. If we put him in from the start players will be fresher and can deal with him more easily but he does offer that extra bit of danger going forward. However, if we bring him on later, he can run at tired defenders like he did against Burton and can be devastating. I don't know really, would we have scored the third if Watmore hadn't come on with 15 to go? I'm not so sure but again it's hard to predict.

It's trying to gauge when he can be most effective and against full-time football league standard players I think that's probably coming on as an impact sub but others may see it differently.

taxi Phil

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2012, 11:47:15 PM »

The Watmore debate is a difficult one. If we put him in from the start players will be fresher and can deal with him more easily but he does offer that extra bit of danger going forward. However, if we bring him on later, he can run at tired defenders like he did against Burton and can be devastating. I don't know really, would we have scored the third if Watmore hadn't come on with 15 to go? I'm not so sure but again it's hard to predict.

It's trying to gauge when he can be most effective and against full-time football league standard players I think that's probably coming on as an impact sub but others may see it differently.
I said before the game on Sunday that we should use Duncan as an impact sub, and it worked. Would do the same in the replay.

Jenga

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2012, 12:27:49 PM »

I said before the game on Sunday that we should use Duncan as an impact sub, and it worked. Would do the same in the replay.

I would also, BUT i would bring him one earlier than we did on Sunday, for me it was a little late, but hey we got the result and what do I know.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Burton game and replay