Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 todays quiz question sponsored by Stuart Coburn...
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: todays quiz question sponsored by Stuart Coburn...  (Read 3599 times)

taxi Phil

Re: todays quiz question sponsored by Stuart Coburn...
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2010, 12:04:21 PM »

Frank moved to City VERY quickly - I think he only made about 5 appearances in that season, but I can't remember if they ran across New Year - but I suspect not !

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2010, 05:47:45 PM »

Frank moved to City VERY quickly - I think he only made about 5 appearances in that season, but I can't remember if they ran across New Year - but I suspect not !

FRANK CARRODUS @ Alty

From my research, Frank Carrodus made his debut for Alty when he came on as a substitute in an NPL Challenge Cup Second Round tie against Hyde United at Moss Lane on Friday, 17th October 1969 (which the Robins won 3-0, incidentally).

He then went on to play in one NPL match and (I believe) an FA Cup defeat at Macclesfield Town, whilst making two appearances (one of which was as a used substitute) in the North West Floodlit League.

He was transferred to Manchester City for a fee of £3,000 in early November 1969.

He returned to Moss Lane during the 1986/87 season, during which he made his first full appearance in a Cheshire Senior Cup Second Round tie against Warrington Town at Moss Lane on Tuesday, 17th February 1987.

Merely three further appearances as a used substitute ensued, including that 4-4 draw in the Cheshire Senior Cup Semi-Final Second Leg at Hyde United on Monday, 16th March 1987, in which he scored his only goal for the Robins.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2010, 12:22:46 AM »

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 todays quiz question sponsored by Stuart Coburn...