PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Todays ref
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Todays ref  (Read 7703 times)

(S)ALTY

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Todays ref
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2011, 09:34:32 AM »

I have always been of the opinion that if refs were allowed to comment after games about certain decisions they have made then that may go a long way into apeasing most fans frustration...

Unfortunately they disappear from whence they came never to be seen until the next time they officiate at one of our games and we only recall the decisions that were dubious...

I wasnt at the game last Saturday so I am in no position to comment on his performance.

Richard Keys and Andy Gray anybody?

I really don't know what Andy Gray and Richard Keys are moaning about,

as last Saturday's match proved we've been having interferring old women reffing at this level for years !!

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2011, 02:48:21 PM »

what about women only 5k races,i dont agree with them men can get cancer to
Harold

ArmchairAlty

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2011, 03:56:44 PM »

The whole thing is being totally blown out of proportion... I'm no fan of Keys or Gray but it was clearly misjudged banter and shouldn't have been newsworthy given it wasn't even broadcast. Keys has form for this sort of thing so no suprises there.

They've been pulled from tonight's coverage of the Bolton game and had a public dressing down... a totally overblown reaction.

As a female football fan (who does actually understand the offside rule) my initial reaction to the whole affair was "Arsed?". I've never cared what blokes think of my interest in the beautiful game, why should I care now?!

fuertes

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2011, 04:11:53 PM »

The whole thing is being totally blown out of proportion... I'm no fan of Keys or Gray but it was clearly misjudged banter and shouldn't have been newsworthy given it wasn't even broadcast. Keys has form for this sort of thing so no suprises there.

They've been pulled from tonight's coverage of the Bolton game and had a public dressing down... a totally overblown reaction.

As a female football fan (who does actually understand the offside rule) my initial reaction to the whole affair was "Arsed?". I've never cared what blokes think of my interest in the beautiful game, why should I care now?!

Having heard it, it definitely wasn't banter. They clearly hold genuine prejudice when it comes to women in football. I'm glad they've had a dressing down (all the more so since they are both tossers and poor at their jobs), they definitely deserved it.

It's good that you can brush off idiotic opinions, just as some black can hear racist abuse and think "meh, their problem, not mine". That doesn't mean we should tolerate monkey noises or Ron Atkinson-esque comments (though I do have some sympathy for Ron considering he's now pariah, whilst kerb-crawler David Pleat still has a regular gig).

ArmchairAlty

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2011, 04:18:14 PM »

Having heard it, it definitely wasn't banter. They clearly hold genuine prejudice when it comes to women in football. I'm glad they've had a dressing down (all the more so since they are both tossers and poor at their jobs), they definitely deserved it.

It's good that you can brush off idiotic opinions, just as some black can hear racist abuse and think "meh, their problem, not mine". That doesn't mean we should tolerate monkey noises or Ron Atkinson-esque comments (though I do have some sympathy for Ron considering he's now pariah, whilst kerb-crawler David Pleat still has a regular gig).

I take your point there, what's unoffensive to me may be very offensive to others... guess my tolerance is high on this one.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2011, 06:39:05 PM »

Well, Gray and Keys have been totally and utterly shot down.

When I saw Torres first goal live it looked an horrendous mistake as he was about 8 yards offside. Molyneuax went ballistic and had I been a Wolves fan at the game without the hindsight of replays I'd have joined in with them.

However, replays show the right back just playing him on. It was a brilliant and marginal judgment call that many a liner man or woman would've got wrong.

It's all a bit odd really though. I mean I'd wager that 90% of the women I know don't know the offside rule while the figure may be lower for the men, purely through interest though. It doesn't mean anything, they're not trying to get my mum or my aunt to be a liner. It's women who are interested in the game and presumably who play it as welll that are becoming officials.

It's really bizarre, you can say it in jest but they really seem to believe it.

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2011, 10:00:11 AM »

Exactly, do they think that a professional lineswoman wouldn't know the rule?

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2011, 10:07:54 AM »

I find it quite commendable that these female officials find the time to learn the offside rule when they are normally so busy with cooking and cleaning. Hurrah for them I say.
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2011, 01:22:11 PM »

Or practising reversing  ;)
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2011, 01:27:22 PM »

Or practising reversing  ;)

You will have a certain person on here being pc if you carry on
@AltyDaz

Jezza

« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2011, 01:32:15 PM »

I dunno, you involve women and next thing they try and take over.....my worry about women officials is that they may let you down at the last minute coz they can't get a babysitter or they've got nothing to wear....

ArmchairAlty

« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2011, 01:38:47 PM »

Due to these comments I believe Jezza, Mick and MadFrankie should be removed from tonight's game and replaced by Jamie Redknapp and Eidur Gudjohnsen....  ;)

Dougals Dad

« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2011, 01:38:58 PM »

I think the sexism agianst the linesman lineswoman linesperson female assistant referee is a disgrace as she is a decent piece of totty!

;)

ArmchairAlty

« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2011, 04:35:12 PM »

Andy Gray sacked... yikes...

joe

« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2011, 04:41:15 PM »

Ridiculous decision! The worlds gone mad!
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Todays ref