PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Todays ref
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Todays ref  (Read 7701 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Todays ref
« on: January 22, 2011, 08:41:53 PM »

About time we took the modern football approach and asked the conference not to send this f**king idiot to ref us again.too old,arrogant,and even his assesors thinks hes rubbish.Hes not reffed a game here yet when hes not been booed offal,and hes about 5 years too old to ref conference football. 

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Todays ref
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 09:07:50 PM »

Hughsey you should know better, Phil will get upset too, we all know refs make the occasional mistakes,......its just that this tosser seems to make them pretty frequently against us. I dont honestly think any ref is biased, and sometimes errors arent evened up for each side.

Let's just hope we get a better ref tuesday who doesnt need glasses like this one clearly did.

taxi Phil

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2011, 10:43:08 PM »

Any referee who can make as many mistakes in one match as this half-baked T**t did should not be let loose at any level of football where people pay to watch.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2011, 11:50:32 PM »

Hughsey you should know better, Phil will get upset too, we all know refs make the occasional mistakes,......its just that this tosser seems to make them pretty frequently against us. I dont honestly think any ref is biased, and sometimes errors arent evened up for each side.

Let's just hope we get a better ref tuesday who doesnt need glasses like this one clearly did.

Actually you've not upset me at all. Everybody is entitled to their opinion about all match related issues and today is no different.

That nobody as yet seems to have quoted any actual facts or accurate information, relying instead on opinion and speculation is a total irrelevance.

Bit 'umpty now so I'll please a lot of you and say that, unless I am specifically asked to comment, for the time being I am not going to comment on match officials - it just seems to be a waste of key strokes

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2011, 03:34:47 PM »

I think the situation with the ref summarises everything that is wrong with refereeing in England.
The poor guy is out of sorts at this level, his inability to see the blinding obvious leads to silly mistakes being made.

However, were in the fifth division of English football. The officials we get are not going to be the best.

Recruitment for refereeing is difficult. 9 times out of 10 you leave the venue having annoyed someone with a decision, you are often verbally abused at the game from people who see the situation from a different angle.

This league should be for up and coming referees to learn and develop. Unfortunately, we've not got enough youngsters coming through, so we have these old dinosaurs making errors and costing teams vital points. From the video 'ive seen, yesterday the ref made some very poor decisions. It is not the first time we have been on the end of some poor decisions from this guy either.

That nobody as yet seems to have quoted any actual facts or accurate information, relying instead on opinion and speculation is a total irrelevance.

Well, er the only "opinion" given is that the guy made mistakes. This is a "fact" due to the "fact" he did make lots of mistakes. There are not enough seconds available to detail every single mistake. It would take over the 90 minutes of "refereeing" to list them all. The main point here is the issue of particular referee's constantly making wrong decisions that cost teams points. One assumes that the individual concerned is given feedback after the event. However, on the performance yesterday, it would seem that this feedback may be quite poor (my final sentence is an "opinion" due to the author's lack of knowledge regarding feedback given to match officials).

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2011, 04:08:53 PM »

Actually you've not upset me at all. Everybody is entitled to their opinion about all match related issues and today is no different.

Bit 'umpty now so I'll please a lot of you and say that, unless I am specifically asked to comment, for the time being I am not going to comment on match officials - it just seems to be a waste of key strokes

I thought the ref was poor- but its pretty much an irrelavance- we were poor and didnt score they scored 3 we lost- lets move on and hope for the best on Tuesday night
ParkINson's red and white army

Butty

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2011, 06:21:31 PM »

The only part of caspers post I disagree with is the final part about feedback, since referees are making the same mistakes week in week out (there's the fact. for those eagle eyed readers) then the feedback must be poor

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2011, 07:30:17 PM »

As long as refs and their assesors are cut from the same cloth,and allowed to fratanise before and after games and be on first names terms nothing will be done to address failing officials.Refs like coppers, and lots of other groups, close ranks and never have a go at one of thier own, when they have had a mare.You can accept a one off but yesterdays ref has caused controversy every time hes officiated at moss lane.Hes not doing it on purpose,hes just not good enough for this level

(S)ALTY

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2011, 08:42:40 PM »

At least he's consistent .

He's the only ref I know that has referreed twice at Moss Lane and on both occasions has managed to get both sets of supporters to chat 'You don't know what you're doing' !!  :-\  :-\

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2011, 11:06:24 PM »

http://www.bagpussshop.co.uk/gallery/p7.html
YAWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 11:14:40 PM by Cestrian Alty »
They really should be beating teams like us

binaround

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2011, 11:13:54 PM »

Have to take some issue with alty tunnel steward. And I have a long-service ward for refereeing from my loval FA which I assisted in the training and assessment of referees.
I can understand why a foul was given against James Smith for the first goal. BUT after talking to Robbie Lawton his complaint was that the referee was talking to Alty players at the time the kick was quickly taken. Not only did this not allow the players to be aware of the taking of the free kick but it also meant that the referee was not in control of the situation. The ball was placed behind him and could have been rolling before it was kicked. A referee of his experience should not have allowed the situation to develop.
As regards to the penalty the referee initially gave the offence outside the box and allowed his assistant to dictate the outcome. I am not convinced from my viewpoint from high in the stands that thefoul was committed within the area even thiough Mohamed's momentum took him into the area.
Then the penalty appeal on Densmore. If it was deemed there was no foul then fair enough but it goes against all that I was taught and my experience gained to give advantage instead of the penalty kick. Beesley was not centrally placed and there was a less than even chance that a goal would be scored from the "advantage".
Even more worrying is the fact that if you look at the referee's profile on the Football League pages, he has been given a number of high-profile appointments. There must be some dreadful officials around if he is considered worthy of these judging on his less than competent displays at Moss Lane

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2011, 11:53:47 PM »

Have to take some issue with alty tunnel steward. And I have a long-service ward for refereeing from my loval FA which I assisted in the training and assessment of referees.
I can understand why a foul was given against James Smith for the first goal. BUT after talking to Robbie Lawton his complaint was that the referee was talking to Alty players at the time the kick was quickly taken. Not only did this not allow the players to be aware of the taking of the free kick but it also meant that the referee was not in control of the situation. The ball was placed behind him and could have been rolling before it was kicked. A referee of his experience should not have allowed the situation to develop.
As regards to the penalty the referee initially gave the offence outside the box and allowed his assistant to dictate the outcome. I am not convinced from my viewpoint from high in the stands that thefoul was committed within the area even thiough Mohamed's momentum took him into the area.
Then the penalty appeal on Densmore. If it was deemed there was no foul then fair enough but it goes against all that I was taught and my experience gained to give advantage instead of the penalty kick. Beesley was not centrally placed and there was a less than even chance that a goal would be scored from the "advantage".
Even more worrying is the fact that if you look at the referee's profile on the Football League pages, he has been given a number of high-profile appointments. There must be some dreadful officials around if he is considered worthy of these judging on his less than competent displays at Moss Lane

I'll go with virtually everything you say there, due to my tasks on a match day I sometimes don't see everything that goes on.

Despite certain interpretations I do not defend match officials blindly. What I DO however is try to explain why certain decisions may (or may not) have been made.

A fair number of decisions made are not decisions that I as a level five would make but as the Panel officials are operating at a substantially higher level than I and I am not privy to the guidance they are given I don't feel particularly qualified to criticise excessively. I do have to say though that current guidance even for level 9 officials does sometimes bemuse me.

I would, with respect, take issue with your final paragraph though as his level of competence whether at Moss Lane or elsewhere is a subjective matter which unless you have seen every performance Mr West has put in I would challenge your qualification to evaluate.

taxi Phil

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2011, 12:26:52 AM »

Phil : I've seen him twice this season, and been extremely underwhelmed both times. One bad performance I can take, two makes me think he's not good enough. He may, of course, have been better than this in the past, but he doesn't strike me as an up and coming young prospect !

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2011, 08:35:19 AM »

I have always been of the opinion that if refs were allowed to comment after games about certain decisions they have made then that may go a long way into apeasing most fans frustration...

Unfortunately they disappear from whence they came never to be seen until the next time they officiate at one of our games and we only recall the decisions that were dubious...

I wasnt at the game last Saturday so I am in no position to comment on his performance.

Richard Keys and Andy Gray anybody?

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2011, 08:56:12 AM »

Dont get me started on women trying to force their way in to the mens version of the game.Its like them moaning about not being able to join a working mens club and then never use it once the centuries old men only rule has been overturned.... Theres plenty of womens football for them to be running the line in.
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Todays ref