News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Todays ref sponsored by specsavers.

Author Topic: Todays ref sponsored by specsavers.  (Read 2544 times)

Jezza

« on: September 25, 2010, 06:56:45 PM »

How the hell he didn't see the foul on our keeper god only knows....neither did the liner apparently.....how come it's always the only two in the ground who didn't see something decide the decision?

We may as well just pay our admission money by direct debit, no-one turn up not even the players and let the officials decide the result.

I was right behind the goal at the time...the ref was just to the right of the penalty spot....no excuse for that...none whatsoever....no "refs haven't got eyes in the backs of their heads" no honest mistakes..no letter of the laws he was right....no excuse.

In actual fact the grimsby keeper throwing the ball into his own net under pressure was arguably a more legitimate goal.

well done the lads for a very spiritted performance that at times was really good football when we played it on the deck....give the job to kenny now.....Grimsby will be here for at least another season they were poor but good support albeit a bit sing when they're winning.

Ken Mckenna's red and white army...there is no pressure, if we play like that every week and lose there will be no criticism....we'll just take it out on the ref.

taxi Phil

Re: Todays ref sponsored by specsavers.
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2010, 07:28:44 PM »

Didn't get there today, but.......is it just me or has practically every "referee's assistant" we've had this season only been interested in either awarding throw-ins (80% correct approx), or in calling the ref over when one of the players berates him for his ineptitude ? They've ALL been tossers of the highest order !

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2010, 08:24:00 PM »

To be really honest, I was on the Pop side and I thought Coates just wasn't strong enough getting up to punch/clear... But am glad to hear of an opinion directly behind him. I mean a keeper has the use of his arms and hands which extend a great deal higher of that of an outside players use, so unless he was fouled you'd presume he'd clear 9/10...

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2010, 08:49:49 PM »

So the saga of poor Refereeing continues.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2010, 11:28:25 PM »

To be really honest, I was on the Pop side and I thought Coates just wasn't strong enough getting up to punch/clear... But am glad to hear of an opinion directly behind him. I mean a keeper has the use of his arms and hands which extend a great deal higher of that of an outside players use, so unless he was fouled you'd presume he'd clear 9/10...

Coates was flattened BEFORE the ball came down >:(

jimmyhank

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2010, 05:48:03 PM »

We were giving the liner a bit of grief from the hoardings on the pop side and he said (paraphrased) "that the sun was in the keepers eyes and he didn't really get off the ground".

Jezza

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2010, 07:28:38 PM »

No he didn't get off the fkn ground coz he was flattened.

This is what i cannot stand about officials.....they have to be right and cannot admit to a mistake....I suspect the sun was in someone else's eyes and would have to accept fully that if the liner did have his vision obscured by the sun then it was an honest reason why he did not see what the rest of the whole ground saw.

That remark by the liner if true was just typical....I was stood right behind the goal (I wanted to see how the defence was playing) and i didn't have my sight of the incident impeded at all.....it was a blatant foul.

I will continue to have no respect for officials until they show some humanity and respect by not insulting all our intelligences not with their mistakes..everyone is human...but with their absolute belief they are infallible.

Jezza

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2010, 07:37:27 PM »

In actual fact I've just checked harry's photo of the goal (photo no 10) and there I am with the white striped blue top on directly behind the goal....interestingly the shadows are indicating the sun shining across the pitch from the main stand side....straight into the where the liner's eyes would have been looking (!)  whereas when coates went for the ball, he was looking straight down the pitch at right angles to the sun......but the offender came in sideways....also facing the sun.

amazin the forensic evidence you can get from a single photo aint it?...unless harry has photoshopped the evidence!

jimmyhank

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2010, 08:28:40 PM »

In actual fact I've just checked harry's photo of the goal (photo no 10) and there I am with the white striped blue top on directly behind the goal....interestingly the shadows are indicating the sun shining across the pitch from the main stand side....straight into the where the liner's eyes would have been looking (!)  whereas when coates went for the ball, he was looking straight down the pitch at right angles to the sun......but the offender came in sideways....also facing the sun.

amazin the forensic evidence you can get from a single photo aint it?...unless harry has photoshopped the evidence!

We didn't let the matter lie either, Jezza!
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team