News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 What is the Point

Author Topic: What is the Point  (Read 2156 times)

Garveys Brother

What is the Point
« on: September 15, 2008, 04:12:53 PM »

I don't get the point in saying that Heathcote should get fired, when no one at the club takes any notice of this forum. And if they do, they won't fire GH because they know that none of us will go and put pressure on the board to fire him. And some of the people who post the most don't even live near Alty and use this forum as a way of staying in contact with people who do live nearby and watch most/all of the games.

Alty365

Re: What is the Point
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2008, 04:15:02 PM »

Believe me, people from the club DO read this forum.

Garveys Brother

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2008, 04:16:49 PM »

Yeah but as it says in my previous post they won't sack him because a bunch of fans on a forum call for his head.

Alty365

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2008, 04:19:05 PM »

The bad feeling extends beyond a few posts on this forum though. As I understand it, people were becoming very vocal about the situation during the Stevenage game and if things don't improve it will only get worse.

Garveys Brother

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2008, 04:22:24 PM »

Yes, but this is not like Newcaslte where if the fans wants something badly they can get it. If the board say GH is staying, then because of all they've done for the club we'll probably accept it and keep GH.

Alty365

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2008, 04:28:24 PM »

If the board say GH is staying, then because of all they've done for the club we'll probably accept it and keep GH.

What are you on??

By your argument our attitude should just be,

"Well, this is a bag of sh*t, but the board are a fine bunch of fellows and if they want to keep GH on and subject the fans to more poor performances then I say let them!"
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 04:30:53 PM by Alty365 »

Garveys Brother

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2008, 04:37:07 PM »

NO. You don't read the whole post do you. I didn't say the board are gonna keep him even though were playing terribly. I'm saying, it looks like there giving GH a chance to turn it around this season and us complaining about GH probably won't make them change there mind and a lot of alty fans will accept this unless we go into a really really really really really really bad downfall.

Alex

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2008, 04:42:51 PM »

NO. You don't read the whole post do you. I didn't say the board are gonna keep him even though were playing terribly. I'm saying, it looks like there giving GH a chance to turn it around this season and us complaining about GH probably won't make them change there mind and a lot of alty fans will accept this unless we go into a really really really really really really bad downfall.

to be fair wouldn't 3 relegations in 3 years cover that statment?

Alty365

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2008, 04:43:09 PM »

I read your message perfectly well and replied to it. The point you are making here is not the same one.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2008, 05:00:02 PM »

You have just changed the point completely to be fair, from 'would the fans accept it?' to 'what are the board doing?'
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 What is the Point