PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Young children at the ground.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Young children at the ground.  (Read 7977 times)

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Young children at the ground.
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2022, 09:50:54 AM »

I’m all for young people watching Alty but I’m a kill joy.

fixed it for you
There was about ten to twelve 9 year olds that spent the whole of the second half running around an area of the popside playing 'tig'....they were a complete pain in the arse and either need to be located in a play zone or have adults that calm it down.

Maybe they could run around amongst the singers on the Golf Rd or knock pints over in the fan zone....who would want to be a killjoy and stop the fun
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Old people at the ground.
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2022, 09:56:18 AM »

Can we do something about the decrepit old men we have that appear to come to the game and complain about strange things? If it's not our top goal scorer it's our future fans. I'm also concerned that while they are snapping their necks to stare and tut that they might lose their balance and fall over popping a hip in the process.

Honestly this forum is a cesspool. Never change everyone

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2022, 10:01:19 AM »

Cannot believe how many have missed the whole point of the original post.
We all want lots of kids here enjoying the experience.
We all know kids will need to be a little boisterous at times because 90 minutes is too long to concentrate.
We as adults want to be able to stand and watch a match without children continually running around amongst us for large parts of the game.

Hopefully the above not too hard to comprehend
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2022, 10:05:41 AM »

Can we do something about the decrepit old men we have that appear to come to the game and complain about strange things? If it's not our top goal scorer it's our future fans. I'm also concerned that while they are snapping their necks to stare and tut that they might lose their balance and fall over popping a hip in the process.

Got to be the rudest post of the month. Another one completely missing the point of the post.

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2022, 10:22:47 AM »

Got to be the rudest post of the month. Another one completely missing the point of the post.

I think you just missed my point, not too much of a surprise that would happen on this forum though.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2022, 10:39:27 AM »

Yes, what was your point ?

Decrepit old men complaining....please read other posts from younger men 'complaining' to get some perspective.....it is a forum and I see nothing wrong in expressing an opinion about our top scorer

Popping a hip...?

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2022, 10:58:42 AM »

I’m all for young people watching Alty but I’m a kill joy.

fixed it for you
There was about ten to twelve 9 year olds that spent the whole of the second half running around an area of the popside playing 'tig'....they were a complete pain in the arse and either need to be located in a play zone or have adults that calm it down.

Maybe they could run around amongst the singers on the Golf Rd or knock pints over in the fan zone....who would want to be a killjoy and stop the fun
can't believe there was a game of Tig that I was not invited too. If it's hide and seek next week can you let me know ?
ParkINson's red and white army

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2022, 11:05:20 AM »

Decrepit old men complaining....please read other posts from younger men 'complaining' to get some perspective.....it is a forum and I see nothing wrong in expressing an opinion about our top scorer

Popping a hip...?
My point is that old people are slap bang on the other end of the spectrum and are no less irritating to some. Especially when they spend their days online complaining about children having fun.

I could have chosen to pick out women as a group, dogs as a group, away fans. The point still remains.

People seem to use this forum as a place to complain about anything they feel doesn't work for them. It's quite funny when you come on here to know more about how the team played, or the latest on player rumours, or I dunno - any football related content.

Very boring indeed having to explain myself in further detail. It also really helps show how easily triggered some of you old boys are.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2022, 11:20:01 AM »

Popping a hip...?
My point is that old people are slap bang on the other end of the spectrum and are no less irritating to some. Especially when they spend their days online complaining about children having fun.

I could have chosen to pick out women as a group, dogs as a group, away fans. The point still remains.

People seem to use this forum as a place to complain about anything they feel doesn't work for them. It's quite funny when you come on here to know more about how the team played, or the latest on player rumours, or I dunno - any football related content.

Very boring indeed having to explain myself in further detail. It also really helps show how easily triggered some of you old boys are.
Thanks for the detailed explanation. No complaining allowed then, unless it is something you agree with or you want to read.
No further response necessary thanks

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2022, 11:43:14 AM »

A couple of you have made decent points about bad language in the Golf Road End too. I always have stood in the Golf Road end amongst out most ardent supporters, as I love being behind the goals when we score. I now stand in front of the CSH amongst a lot of the more middle-aged supporters, of which I am now of course, one of them. I am am used to it now, and you also benefit from being in Ryan Colclough's patch and see him dribble from close range.

I cannot consider going back to the the Golf Road End because of the language, but it is part of the game and I don't want it to stop. I am just not able to allow my foster daughters exposure to it. The girls like to go into the main stand with their teammates, and the CSH is nearby, so I am to hand if they have any problems. But I do miss the Golf Road End, and being amongst the die-hard fans when we score.

The problem seems to be with younger children aged 3-5 years. I think we lost the intended message of the original posting which is the safety aspect, there is a certain risk of kids falling over and hurting themselves. The parents of the kids may look at the club, rather than looking at themselves and their supervision (or lack of it). If there is a problem with a parent after any accident all the club need to say is 'Were you supervising them?' Children in the ground are not the club's responsibility unless there is a major safety issue. That lies with the parents first and formost. I include myself in that too with my foster daughters. I know they are safe within the ground providing they are sensible. It is not a high risk ground, it is smaller and compact and much more child friendly than MUFC or MCFC. That's why children go to Alty before United and City at very young ages. A lot of them do stay with the club also. A lot of the Golf Road end were here as kids, I was a teenager when I started here.

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2022, 12:23:41 PM »

Popping a hip...?

Thanks for the detailed explanation. No complaining allowed then, unless it is something you agree with or you want to read.
No further response necessary thanks

Oh baby did I upset you somehow?

Maybe try complaining about it at dinner to the wife.

Complain all you like, just don't expect to not have people mocking you for it when it is something so petty as this.

After all, you took offence at what I said. And complained about kids playing ffs.

Freddie

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2022, 01:02:50 PM »

This forum is indeed, for the most part, an absolute cesspool.

Some users on here seem to be able to turn even the most positive of issues, such as young fans being on the increase, into negative vitriol.

Honestly, I've gone from reading everyday to avoiding it most of the time. Either more fans need to use it or it can close down and I doubt most would miss it.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2022, 01:41:58 PM »

This forum is indeed, for the most part, an absolute cesspool.

Some users on here seem to be able to turn even the most positive of issues, such as young fans being on the increase, into negative vitriol.

Honestly, I've gone from reading everyday to avoiding it most of the time. Either more fans need to use it or it can close down and I doubt most would miss it.

You're going to get difference of opinion on any forum, and it's healthy to have it. The issue on this one is that there has clearly been a decline in posts and posters over the last few years while our actual support base has grown. It also gives the impression of having quite a narrow demographic compared to those who actually follow the club.

That's not a criticism of anyone, and fair play to everyone who supports or runs here. It has its place and clearly is valued a lot by some.  I also can't help but think that forums at other clubs face the same challenges. It just isn't the definitive voice of the fans or link to the club that some on here perhaps might think it is. 

swindellsworth

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2022, 02:03:20 PM »

Blimey this thread has caught fire !
I can understand both sides of the argument actually though being a very young minded and active 68yo i do find the kids  'activities' quite often entertaining during shall i say the 'duller' periods of the game and they dont irritate me in the slightest . But then again i am a glass full kind of a guy ( with 7 grandkids ).

Freddie

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2022, 02:23:59 PM »

Just to respond to Bob's very fair and measured post, it is not difference of opinion that I have any issue with, it is the damaging tone of some of the topics on here that bothers me. Some fans on here would doubtless see us go back to crowds of 600 and regional, part-time football.

Of course, all is subjective and this does not apply to all posts or users.

What you say about the very narrow demographic of users on here is spot on, where as many fans have moved on to talking about Alty via other means, there will be equally as much disagreement but it is more balanced out by a wider range of views.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Young children at the ground.