PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Reeves / Walshaw
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Reeves / Walshaw  (Read 5401 times)

Jenga

Reeves / Walshaw
« on: November 24, 2013, 12:42:08 PM »

I think this is proving a great partnership. Both are lethal and with goals now coming from Clee, Densmore, Wilkinson, Richman etc we are dangerous. Luca is amazing at the back and we have a really nice looking bench compared to last season.

I still think Perry can do a job for us but he needs to show it, but Smikle is the weak link for me.

2 players to come in for me, but i dont think we need a right winger as much i first feared.

Remember we will get Williams back soon i think but he will take another month or so after returning to be fully effective.

Walshaw for me is the biggest plus, he is so strong and takes the pressure off Reeves. Without doubt i would say we have the best forward line up in the league.

Sinnot is getting there, Trafford aside he has done well this season and his stamp on the team is there to see. No statue outside the ground of him yet, but if things continue we may sing "lee sinnouts red and white army" yet.

Jimmy

Re: Reeves / Walshaw
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2013, 01:08:43 PM »

I heard he was out for the season williams

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2013, 01:09:09 PM »

Yes I was doubtful at first but looks like good partnership now .

Hamilton

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2013, 01:15:12 PM »

I think this is proving a great partnership. Both are lethal and with goals now coming from Clee, Densmore, Wilkinson, Richman etc we are dangerous. Luca is amazing at the back and we have a really nice looking bench compared to last season.

I still think Perry can do a job for us but he needs to show it, but Smikle is the weak link for me.

2 players to come in for me, but i dont think we need a right winger as much i first feared.

Remember we will get Williams back soon i think but he will take another month or so after returning to be fully effective.

Walshaw for me is the biggest plus, he is so strong and takes the pressure off Reeves. Without doubt i would say we have the best forward line up in the league.

Sinnot is getting there, Trafford aside he has done well this season and his stamp on the team is there to see. No statue outside the ground of him yet, but if things continue we may sing "lee sinnouts red and white army" yet.

If he does come back soon I'd be tempted to get him out on loan to get match practice. You can't expect him to  get straight into the team and do a wholly effective job and it would be wasteful to have him on the bench.

markecky

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2013, 01:19:13 PM »

I heard that it might not be the full season will certainly be a few months yet.  He was off crutches and walking at Colwyn Bay on Tuesday which is good progress.

The Reeves/Walshaw partnership is getting there, it was too much to ask for it to be simple really as we are Alty after all.

LymmRobin

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2013, 01:59:26 PM »

Walshaw works really hard and puts himself about.  I think this has taken some of the pressure off Reeves but not in a positive way.  For me, this season, Reevesy seems to get outmuscled too easily when in scoring positions.  I want to see him get off the deck and score whilst surrounded by four defenders like he did last season against Boston (?)

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2013, 02:35:56 PM »

Yes, now that Reeves has someone to share the goal scoring with Walshaw I've noticed that he's been a lot more involved in general build up play, I think overall he does more on a team level now than in the last few seasons whilst still scoring the goals which is great to see.

Jezza

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2013, 03:48:56 PM »

I said at the time that walshaw was an excellent signing to replace Duncan's goal contributions and he has done really well and put in the effort for us and has perhaps so far been a little bit unsung.....
Williams was also an excellent signing and lee was unlucky to lose him, scott leather has stepped up in his absence I think.
I think perry brings something to the table in coming on and holding up the ball, I just wish he'd show a little more commitment and lose some weight.
Smikle needs to seriously shape up and understand we'd love to see him occasionally race at a defender...while in most cases he is bought on as fresh legs to hold a slender lead and is probably under pressure not to lose the ball, really he was under no pressure Vs Trafford and northwich particularly in  that friendly where perry put in a decent shift, smikle singularly failed to.
I think Perry may yet become a cult figure we may remember fondly as part of a promotion campaign.....

we are very close....a right winger and we'd be there 1st XI wise barring injuries...this league is absolutely there for whoever wants it.

Guiseley fan

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2013, 04:03:18 PM »

Was right about getting Danny Boshell back wonder if Wally is coming back ?
Lockwood's playing in the non-league for the first time now. Was released from Bury because he was the highest paid there. Goes to show the money Ghastly still have!

Apparently they're building Nuneaton-style stands behind each goal for next season too. There are even plans to build a new clubhouse as the current one belongs to the cricket club, and even put their seated stands on the other side of the ground.

Other hearsay I heard included that they're trying to get Walshaw back from Defaulty and have asked about getting Holsgrove on loan to improve his form

markecky

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2013, 04:22:27 PM »

Was right about getting Danny Boshell back wonder if Wally is coming back ?
Lockwood's playing in the non-league for the first time now. Was released from Bury because he was the highest paid there. Goes to show the money Ghastly still have!

Apparently they're building Nuneaton-style stands behind each goal for next season too. There are even plans to build a new clubhouse as the current one belongs to the cricket club, and even put their seated stands on the other side of the ground.

Other hearsay I heard included that they're trying to get Walshaw back from Defaulty and have asked about getting Holsgrove on loan to improve his form

Using comedy terms like defaulty is only allowed on the hilarious conference north forum. You can't land your Rofl copter here.

I've no doubt you do want Walshaw back,  he is joint top scorer in the league why wouldn't you?

Won't happen though, not this season anyway.  

We made you wait 3 weeks for Boshell until we replaced him, replacing Walshaw will be harder.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2013, 04:29:09 PM »

boshell wasnt getting in to the side at the time and he has effectively been replaced by a better and younger player , although they are different types of player

ripleym

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2013, 07:20:19 PM »

There was talk of a rift between Reeves and Walshaw, and looking abck, I don't think I have seen either one celebrate a goal the other has scored this season.

Looking at my photos of yesterday (bit of a tease there), there is a clear move by Damien to be the first to offer a hand to James after his penalty.

Jenga

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2013, 07:43:29 PM »

There was talk of a rift between Reeves and Walshaw, and looking abck, I don't think I have seen either one celebrate a goal the other has scored this season.

Looking at my photos of yesterday (bit of a tease there), there is a clear move by Damien to be the first to offer a hand to James after his penalty.
You may be right, but if there is or was, i do see they compliement each other well.

markecky

« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2013, 08:10:04 PM »

I don't think they will ever be best friends, both are strikers keen to score 50 goals each. 

I've seen some decent progress in recent weeks in the partnership, we are lucky to have two excellent strikers like this at the club.

Watching from the top of the stand from the first half, it was great to watch the movement of them both.

I also saw two world beating passes from Wilkinson that if they had come off by an inch would have been superb.  His control is excellent as well.

Hamilton

« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2013, 10:59:37 PM »

Cole and Yorke never spoke to each other at Man U, but they did ok!
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Reeves / Walshaw