PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 PA system at Moss lane
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: PA system at Moss lane  (Read 5195 times)

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
PA system at Moss lane
« on: July 12, 2011, 10:11:04 PM »

Just seen this on The TASC minutes from July

PA System Problem seems to have been worked around, so expenditure not required. Item now closed

I think someone needs to rethink and speak to RAFO asap i believe it broke again at the Burnley game.

@AltyDaz

bighairedmike

Re: PA system at Moss lane
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 10:18:17 PM »

Very true. Rafo was not at all happy with the PA system at the game. He was seriously worried about the safety of the equipment and indeed went searching for a fire extinguisher as he was worried about the chance of a fire due to it overheating.

I spoke to him after the game and he informed me this was the reason that there were no team announcements before the game or any "Fanfare" as the teams came out.

Are we still running the "Fanfare Sponsorship"? And how much is still needed to be raised for upgraded equipment? We can't be that far off the target if last years response was anything to go by.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2011, 10:23:28 PM »

The speaker on the popular side just by where our lads stand when we kick into the chequers end definitely turning around a bit so it can be heard...

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2011, 10:29:57 PM »

The fanfare sponsorship last season raised £120. Despite appeals for donations to meet the shortfall no further offers of money were received.

If anybody is willing to sponsor a game next season I would be happy to run the initiative again. Please pm me if you're interested or alternatively send an email to ideas4alty@hotmail.co.uk

This is obviously a serious matter now by the sound of things so let's raise the money ASAP!

Come on Alty!

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2011, 10:30:36 PM »

I donated money for it to be replaced. Where has that gone if we are not replacing it then?

The money hasn't "gone" anywhere, it's being looked after by TASC.
Come on Alty!

markecky

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2011, 10:31:36 PM »

The current PA system was cobbled together by me after the last PA system was stolen.  It was meant to be temporary then and than was 6 years ago I reckon.

Its an amp running through an amp and you need a degree in sound engineering to teach other people how to set it up.

I'm sure we'll get an update soon on whats happening.

Footnote - I don't think I paid my tenner...let me know how I do please via paypal.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2011, 10:42:31 PM »

Ecky - I've pm'd you mate.

We have a sponsor for the first home game already! Keep 'em coming.
Come on Alty!

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2011, 10:46:25 PM »

The current PA system was cobbled together by me after the last PA system was stolen.  It was meant to be temporary then and than was 6 years ago I reckon.

Its an amp running through an amp and you need a degree in sound engineering to teach other people how to set it up.

I'm sure we'll get an update soon on whats happening.

Footnote - I don't think I paid my tenner...let me know how I do please via paypal.

PM'd you mate.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2011, 11:09:20 PM »

PA System Problem seems to have been worked around, so expenditure not required. Item now closed

I think someone needs to rethink and speak to RAFO asap i believe it broke again at the Burnley game.

I have emailed Rafo to find out exactly what happened on Saturday.At the discussion during last week's TASC Meeting, it was reported that during the final games of last season & the close season tournaments, that the PA system was working well.Clearly, there was an issue on Saturday & we need to look at this again.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2011, 11:14:15 PM »

The first three games are now sponsored and if we have a tenner still to come from last season that means we're now £90 shy of our target.
Come on Alty!

Dougals Dad

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2011, 11:20:27 PM »

"It;s like people when they say Tannoy when they mean public address system. Tannoy is a brand name."

bighairedmike

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2011, 11:24:59 PM »

"It;s like people when they say Tannoy when they mean public address system. Tannoy is a brand name."

That cracks me up, every single time.  ;D

rafo

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2011, 02:08:43 AM »

I have emailed Rafo to find out exactly what happened on Saturday.At the discussion during last week's TASC Meeting, it was reported that during the final games of last season & the close season tournaments, that the PA system was working well.Clearly, there was an issue on Saturday & we need to look at this again.

Brian

Sent you an e-mail

Rafo

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2011, 06:25:56 PM »

Excellent news:

Today I have received a very generous offer from one Alty fan to sponsor Fanfare For The Common Man for NINE matches!!. This means we have now covered 12 of our 21 home league matches for next season already and (subject to receiving the funds) met the £250 target for replacing the PA equipment.

However, this still leaves 9 more games to be sponsored and every penny raised will go to the club.

Come on Alty!

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2011, 08:38:05 PM »

Excellent news:

Today I have received a very generous offer from one Alty fan to sponsor Fanfare For The Common Man for NINE matches!!. This means we have now covered 12 of our 21 home league matches for next season already and (subject to receiving the funds) met the £250 target for replacing the PA equipment.

However, this still leaves 9 more games to be sponsored and every penny raised will go to the club.

Excellent news but after speaking to Rafo it is a very serious problem and needs sorting asap i think the club have to find the money up front.
If not we may not have a pa system at all.
@AltyDaz
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 PA system at Moss lane