PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Grimsby Managers View
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Grimsby Managers View  (Read 4878 times)

Jenga

Grimsby Managers View
« on: September 26, 2010, 10:43:12 PM »

Opposite number Town boss Neil Woods claimed

We threw that away - NO YOU DIDNT WE PLAYED BETTER THAN YOU AND WE DESERVED TO WIN

We were comfortably the better side, particularly in the first half when we were in total control.-  ERM NO AND YOUR GOAL WAS A FOUL ON COATES

it took two world class saves by their keeper to keep us out - YES

We weren't really under any pressure - ERM YOU WERE UNDER A LOT OF PRESSURE

their first goal was down to an individual error - ERM NO IT WAS DUE TO THE BRILLIANCE OF CHRIS DENHAM TURNING YOUR DEFENDER INSIDE OUT

and then we conceded in the last few seconds - TO A WONDERFUL GOAL

Dougals Dad

Re: Grimsby Managers View
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2010, 10:48:10 PM »

at least he didn't give us the usual "We should be beating tema like this" and "with respect to Alty..."

but he might as well have done!

markecky

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2010, 08:07:45 AM »

It really is one of the most one eyed views I have heard for a bit.

As Jenga says...every bit of it is wrong.

My favourite bit was when he said they werent under any pressure...we had a spell of five minutes where we had three corners and they were just kicking it anywhere.

Sounds like a man trying to protect his job as he underperforms.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2010, 11:03:37 AM »

Bizarre but unsurprising.
Would you expect a guy fighting to keep his job apparently, to say that they hadn't been better than the bottom team in the league?

Dougals Dad

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2010, 11:20:54 AM »

Would you expect a guy fighting to keep his job apparently, to say that they hadn't been better than the bottom team in the league?

You'd expect honesty as even Grimsby fans will see through that.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2010, 11:38:28 AM »

But the Grimsby supporters present will surely realise that Woods is delusional.

As long as he continues to utter unrealistic piffle like that, their chances of ever returning to the Football League appear extremely remote.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

vic

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2010, 12:52:29 PM »

Good crowd that how many did Grimsby bring.

markecky

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2010, 01:15:15 PM »

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2010, 03:02:18 PM »

Like has been said above, he's making himself look very silly considering nearly 500 Grimsby fans were watching the game.

You gotta fight fight fight fight fight for your job

markecky

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2010, 03:07:10 PM »

I'd expect him to be biased..its his team.

I just wouldnt expect him to be silly about it.  His chairman must have been sat behind him and seen it.

Not going the other way and saying we deserverd to win but we certainly deserved a draw.

lesgtfc

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2010, 03:45:06 PM »

From a Grimsby point of view I agree that a draw was a fair result. Even though your keeper made 2 brilliant saves you enjoyed quite a lot of possession and I'd say our 2nd goal (and what a goal it was) was, if anything, slightly against the run of play.

As for the moronic element of our support I can only apologise. Most teams have their small minority of troublecausers but it just seems to be that, at the minute, our minority is rather larger than most and spoil it for the majority of decent Grimsby fans. There was also trouble on the train I was on from Stockport going home with some mongs smashing glass bottles and intimidating the young female conductor, I'm sure their parents must be really proud of them. It does annoy me that I know personally of 2 people who were given 3 year banning orders after our game at Burton just for encroaching on the pitch (nothing to do with any violence or vandalism) yet we get the thugs who need eradicating from our support still going.

Before the game I had some friendly banter in The Bridge with Jenga and some other Alty fans and it's just a shame that these idiots have spoiled everything with their post-match actions.

Anyway, good luck for the rest of the season (barring your visit to BP) and surely if you get your players to train on a Tuesday as well as a Thursday you really will be a force to be reckoned with.  ;D

Oh, and Jenga, no disrespect mate but we really should be beating teams like Altrincham.  ;D ;D

Jenga

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2010, 04:11:24 PM »

Before the game I had some friendly banter in The Bridge with Jenga and some other Alty fans and it's just a shame that these idiots have spoiled everything with their post-match actions.

Anyway, good luck for the rest of the season (barring your visit to BP) and surely if you get your players to train on a Tuesday as well as a Thursday you really will be a force to be reckoned with.  ;D

Oh, and Jenga, no disrespect mate but we really should be beating teams like Altrincham.  ;D ;D

LMAO nice one mate, good to meet you and have a chat. Hope you enjoyed your time in Altrincham.

jamestimperleyrobin

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2010, 04:16:03 PM »

Opposite number Town boss Neil Woods claimed

We threw that away - NO YOU DIDNT WE PLAYED BETTER THAN YOU AND WE DESERVED TO WIN

We were comfortably the better side, particularly in the first half when we were in total control.-  ERM NO AND YOUR GOAL WAS A FOUL ON COATES

it took two world class saves by their keeper to keep us out - YES

We weren't really under any pressure - ERM YOU WERE UNDER A LOT OF PRESSURE

their first goal was down to an individual error - ERM NO IT WAS DUE TO THE BRILLIANCE OF CHRIS DENHAM TURNING YOUR DEFENDER INSIDE OUT

and then we conceded in the last few seconds - TO A WONDERFUL GOAL

This is brill!

taxi Phil

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2010, 07:47:38 PM »

Like has been said above, he's making himself look very silly considering nearly 500 Grimsby fans were watching the game.

You gotta fight fight fight fight fight for your job

What can you expect from a man whose name is an anagram of "loose wind" ?

Longman

« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2010, 09:30:07 PM »

Did we really have 900 home fans on sat?  It seemed to be a very low home turn out to me!
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Grimsby Managers View