PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 grahame and andrew
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: grahame and andrew  (Read 13155 times)

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: grahame and andrew
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2016, 12:38:53 PM »

Graham and the board, how do you all feel about this thread?? Want any help from fans representatives. We are all in this together and I know we all have the club at heart. What do you all think of the ideas?

Jezza

« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2016, 12:44:39 PM »

Steve, ....or anyone else for that matter.....why don't you have a word in person at a game with grahame?...or Derek.....or Paul Daine....all reasonably approachable......don't think they're gonna answer on the forum  :)

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2016, 01:37:25 PM »

I thought TASC no longer existed?

Isn't the first step to start some sort of group again?

The board won't happily let us on board, we need to know how we get recognised and what's the correct way to acquire shares, and how much they cost.

Deja vu Jacque? :-)

bumble

« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2016, 01:54:28 PM »

I thought TASC no longer existed?

Isn't the first step to start some sort of group again?

The board won't happily let us on board, we need to know how we get recognised and what's the correct way to acquire shares, and how much they cost.

Deja vu Jacque? :-)

Tasc exist

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2016, 03:08:21 PM »

I think having a TASC rep on the board would be a great step.

Get real.

There's more chance of Morrissey popping into McDonald's in Broadheath to order a happy meal.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2016, 03:41:48 PM »

My own idea is that two or three of us are elected and there a regular monthly meetings between the fans representatives and the board
. We discuss items like new ideas for fundraising, the team, but more importantly we bridge the gap between board and fans which currently seems to exist. To represent the fans, the members must be of long standing support, know the club well inside out, and be approachable and intelligent to both fans and board. We use email to communicate with fans and go to board with any ideas submitted. Communication is also a valuable asset in this role.

Any others fans wish to expand on this. Feel free to criticise; or any opinions from members of the board? It is after all our club; and I for one do not want us to sink any lower than we already have done or seem to be doing on the pitch. I also appreciate this has to be ratified at board level.

Jimmy Hill, point taken but would you volunteer!!??

Steve,

That's a marvellous scenario in theory......but there's not a cat in hell's chance of it happening.

The board of directors under Geoff Goodwin, of which our current chairman was a prominent member, actively sought to destabilise and initiate the downfall of STAR.

They never trusted the aims of STAR and what made things worse for the board was that they had no control over STAR.

They duly succeeded back in 2006.

Consequently, up pops TASC with a certain Grahame Rowley on the committee, thereby ensuring that such a supporters association has no autonomy or independence whatsoever.

It's all about control.

Have you not observed just how the club's fanbase has been patronised and besmirched both at public meetings and in the press in recent times?

It's a case of we know best, now give us your money and run along and don't expect to have any say in matters.

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

York Alty is back

« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2016, 04:03:59 PM »

Most clubs appear to run on those principles.

Ashley Alty

« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2016, 04:12:58 PM »

All good points, Cult and York.

The fans can do as they like but to get any influence or a say at the Club takes the Club to agree.

Look at Blackpool and MU, both have really wonderful people on the supporters trusts but they cannot actually do anything as the club's owners don't want them.  The Blackpool story is a particularly sorry one.

We had a supporters trust at Alty but the members decided that they didn't want it to continue.  It takes a lot of work to keep it going and people were not prepared to do that or to challenge and question the Club.  These organisations do not work everywhere.  If the fans don't want it, then it's never going to work.

Another could be set up but SD will not fund it this time as we have already had one and it would have to be sustainable or it will go the way of STAR.  I don't think it work work at Alty, there are not enough people who would be prepared to be committed to running it.  It didn't work last time, I see no reason why it should now.  Sorry Steve from Sale.  Happy to chat with you sometime?  My next match is after the Club AGM when we entertain Salford City, that'll be a fun match.... not!

Ashley Alty

« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2016, 04:14:34 PM »

Sorry, mistaken identity, it was L'Homme du Sport who posted - sorry Steve  ::)

Jimmy

« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2016, 04:16:52 PM »

Get real.

There's more chance of Morrissey popping into McDonald's in Broadheath to order a happy meal.

very amusing but sadly spot on

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2016, 04:33:26 PM »

Is mcdonalds in Broadheath not very good?
Full time and proud of it

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2016, 05:15:02 PM »

Get real.

very amusing but sadly spot on
justin Bieber popped into the ice rink. Miracles can happen 😂
ParkINson's red and white army

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2016, 05:26:32 PM »

Can someone please confirm the date of the AGM? My papers never arrived.

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2016, 07:26:40 PM »

So TASC still exist, and still have Mr Rowley on its committee?

Is that not a conflict of interests?

Who else is TASC?

Just as a pure hypothetical question... could all club officials be ousted from TASC? Also, is it confirmed TASC no longer has shares after the 2006 debacle?

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2016, 07:34:02 PM »

So TASC still exist, and still have Mr Rowley on its committee?

Is that not a conflict of interests?

Who else is TASC?

Just as a pure hypothetical question... could all club officials be ousted from TASC? Also, is it confirmed TASC no longer has shares after the 2006 debacle?

The TASC website doesn't appear to have been updated for quite some time.

Here is a list of the members of its committee (but whether this is still accurate is something that only Brian Flynn or Steve Foster may be able to confirm):

http://www.t-a-s-c.com/about/our-committee

Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 grahame and andrew