PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 grahame and andrew
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: grahame and andrew  (Read 13164 times)

Alty_19

grahame and andrew
« on: October 29, 2016, 08:39:17 PM »

they should both resign tomorrow before it is too late and we end up in the evostik next season and i don't think the squad we have is  capable of competing at evostik level

Teasierbeaver

Re: grahame and andrew
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2016, 09:13:40 PM »

I'm not going to agree that today is a breaking point where I'd call for the board to go.

We were never going to win today. The board didn't pick the team or tell Goodall to get sent off early on.

I also expect us to get dumped out next week, even if we were on a run we'd be well up against it.

I still believe the board could turn it around, it's in their hands to lift the spirit of the club. They, and they alone have the means and power to reverse our fortunes. Right now they should be calculating how much caution to throw to the wind to sort this. Don't tell me there aren't scouts for hire or people like GH who could be out there finding 5 or 6 players who could be available, albeit at over the odds salaries, until the end of the season to get us out of this. Maybe it will cost a fair bit and we'll be way over budget but if we don't act we'll be northern premier or lower for the next five years minimum. The cost of that will be way higher.

If they believe, as they did last season, that it's just a rut and things will turn themselves around then we are in big trouble.

So, I think it's reasonable to give the board until about 1700 on 12th November to act and do something that lifts our players to put in a performance and prove the board are up for this fight and doing all they can to avoid relegation. Otherwise they can count on me and countless others to start openly calling for their resignation. That'll be on top of the countless Altrincham fans who already want them gone.

What a sad sad state of affairs they've allowed us to arrive to.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2016, 09:36:35 PM »

I'm not going to agree that today is a breaking point where I'd call for the board to go.

We were never going to win today. The board didn't pick the team or tell Goodall to get sent off early on.

I also expect us to get dumped out next week, even if we were on a run we'd be well up against it.

I still believe the board could turn it around, it's in their hands to lift the spirit of the club. They, and they alone have the means and power to reverse our fortunes. Right now they should be calculating how much caution to throw to the wind to sort this. Don't tell me there aren't scouts for hire or people like GH who could be out there finding 5 or 6 players who could be available, albeit at over the odds salaries, until the end of the season to get us out of this. Maybe it will cost a fair bit and we'll be way over budget but if we don't act we'll be northern premier or lower for the next five years minimum. The cost of that will be way higher.

If they believe, as they did last season, that it's just a rut and things will turn themselves around then we are in big trouble.

So, I think it's reasonable to give the board until about 1700 on 12th November to act and do something that lifts our players to put in a performance and prove the board are up for this fight and doing all they can to avoid relegation. Otherwise they can count on me and countless others to start openly calling for their resignation. That'll be on top of the countless Altrincham fans who already want them gone.

lots here I agree with.  There is no way we just want them to quit

But radical change is needed

For me top 3 would be

1. Supporter on the board to Bridge the gap
2. New blood on the board for new ideas
3. Investment for next season to rebuild and become a top flight non league team again
ParkINson's red and white army

brinners

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2016, 09:39:01 PM »

I agree with all of this. Last chance saloon. If the board really care (and there are those on here who say they do), then this is it. We have to stay up. Bugger the cup - that's gone.  If it takes a gamble on Nicky, or anyone else for that matter, over the odds or otherwise, then this is the time to take it. I want to love the players again, I want to believe in the club I've supported all my life. COME ON ALTY!!!

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2016, 11:09:37 PM »

I for one would be more than willing to represent the supporters, but I honestly think two or three of us should do it. Mark Ecky would also be very good if interested. I am a fan of 40 years plus standing.

I really think the board should call another meeting with the fans, more to try and cross-contribute any ideas rather than to lay blame, we all need to pull together now, and sooner rather than later.

No disrespect to our current captain but I feel Tom Hannigan should be handled the mantle, especially while Alan is absent. The team needs organisation on the pitch as the first fix before anything else is considered. The fans need reassurance from the players that they are giving 100pc commitment, we cannot afford to carry anybody. I suspect Alan may also be a better player for us without the responsibility of captain. From what I remember Tom was Captain of Fylde prior to coming here.

Decisions need to be made by the manager now, before it gets too late.   

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2016, 11:25:49 PM »

I agree that Tom Hannigan would be a good choice as captain. Alan Goodall as captain is a joke. His performances have been woeful and he never opens his mouth on the pitch, I don't think he deserves the armband.  Jake Moult is ok as a deputy, but isn't captain material either.

Ashley Alty

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2016, 11:58:23 PM »

Steve from Sale, there must be a democratic election of those who want to be the fan, hopefully drawn from a good number so that everyone can make a good judgment.  A hustings to question them

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2016, 12:25:56 AM »

I for one would be more than willing to represent the supporters, but I honestly think two or three of us should do it. Mark Ecky would also be very good if interested. I am a fan of 40 years plus standing.

I really think the board should call another meeting with the fans, more to try and cross-contribute any ideas rather than to lay blame, we all need to pull together now, and sooner rather than later.

No disrespect to our current captain but I feel Tom Hannigan should be handled the mantle, especially while Alan is absent. The team needs organisation on the pitch as the first fix before anything else is considered. The fans need reassurance from the players that they are giving 100pc commitment, we cannot afford to carry anybody. I suspect Alan may also be a better player for us without the responsibility of captain. From what I remember Tom was Captain of Fylde prior to coming here.

Decisions need to be made by the manager now, before it gets too late.    

Just when you thought things couldn't get worse...
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2016, 10:26:47 AM »

one willing volunteer is worth a thousand pressmen.

bumble

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2016, 10:33:56 AM »

Steve from Sale, there must be a democratic election of those who want to be the fan, hopefully drawn from a good number so that everyone can make a good judgment.  A hustings to question them

I'm a strong believer that if tasc had a board position that tasc would be re-energised and you'd create positive momentum

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2016, 10:39:13 AM »

My own idea is that two or three of us are elected and there a regular monthly meetings between the fans representatives and the board. We discuss items like new ideas for fundraising, the team, but more importantly we bridge the gap between board and fans which currently seems to exist. To represent the fans, the members must be of long standing support, know the club well inside out, and be approachable and intelligent to both fans and board. We use email to communicate with fans and go to board with any ideas submitted. Communication is also a valuable asset in this role.

Any others fans wish to expand on this. Feel free to criticise; or any opinions from members of the board? It is after all our club; and I for one do not want us to sink any lower than we already have done or seem to be doing on the pitch. I also appreciate this has to be ratified at board level.

Jimmy Hill, point taken but would you volunteer!!??

Ashley Alty

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2016, 11:15:39 AM »

Sounds just like the supports trust we used to have, STAR which was the legal entity (needed to hold shares) and before that, SAFE which was a supporters association but not legally registered.

I think we should move away from the acronyms now though.

Jimmy

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2016, 11:41:41 AM »

I agree a fan should be on the board,but not this board,to many bad decisions and to add to that insulting the fans twice in a few months in the NLP is beyond the final straw.

Jezza

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2016, 12:33:34 PM »

I think having a TASC rep on the board would be a great step....I imagine ecky is chomping at the bit to have another go...only joking ecky...you've done your bit.

The board now have little influence on the pitch bar making whatever funds are available freely available.

The only thing I think may help would be to ask the cote to step in and help with coaching....unpopular move with some I know but we somehow have to get the team to understand what the manager is saying and the cote has been the best coach we've ever had....drastic times call for drastic measures.....and extra training sessions to give us an edge.

I still think with tom hannigan fit and playing regularly (and he now has a bit of a responsibility to put in a few games for us!!) with a tweak in midfield we've got the players to get out of this.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2016, 12:35:23 PM »

Agree entirely with all this Jezza
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 grahame and andrew