PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Phil Parkinson Interview after 1-0 win at Dover
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Phil Parkinson Interview after 1-0 win at Dover  (Read 5641 times)

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: November 01, 2020, 06:37:44 PM »

See the official club website.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Phil Parkinson Interview after 1-0 win at Dover
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2020, 07:16:04 PM »

Watch out Barnton!

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2020, 07:27:41 PM »

I'm glad Dover let us have this interview!!!!!!

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2020, 09:31:54 PM »

Barnton still on then? With home supporters only?!

May as well run through the scenario.

How are they going to enforce this if it is the case? Season ticket holders only - so a crowd of 20 (ish ish ish) instead of 109. (Headline - "Barnton season ticket sales suspended amid mysterious spike in numbers"). Only let in people they know? (here's the entry fee mate, and a little something for yourself. If anyone asks, I've been going for years"). What if I want to go along as a neutral or a groundhopper? And is it one of those daft grounds like Brackley where you can see a bit of the pitch from outside the ground? ("Police called to disperse 'Alty rRazor Squad' in Northwich suburb. Many lives saved"). All for an early round Cheshire Cup tie with open terracing (or whatever they have at Barnton). Strange times indeed!

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2020, 10:07:04 PM »

Barnton still on then? With home supporters only?!

May as well run through the scenario.

How are they going to enforce this if it is the case? Season ticket holders only - so a crowd of 20 (ish ish ish) instead of 109. (Headline - "Barnton season ticket sales suspended amid mysterious spike in numbers"). Only let in people they know? (here's the entry fee mate, and a little something for yourself. If anyone asks, I've been going for years"). What if I want to go along as a neutral or a groundhopper? And is it one of those daft grounds like Brackley where you can see a bit of the pitch from outside the ground? ("Police called to disperse 'Alty rRazor Squad' in Northwich suburb. Many lives saved"). All for an early round Cheshire Cup tie with open terracing (or whatever they have at Barnton). Strange times indeed!

Sums it up. I've been a Barnton fan all my life, just waiting for this plum draw etc...

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2020, 09:18:36 PM »

This sums up the lunacy. The police ask (with fixed penalty pad and pen at the ready) “which football club do you support?”
I reply “Well it used to be Altrincham  if I’m honest, but in view of the fact you’ve got a FPN in your hand I’m contemplating buying a Barnton scarf, hat, replica shirt and season ticket”.
Police officer “Hang on, I’ll seek clarification”.
They’ll be no pantomimes this year unless you count sanarios like this. Where’s it all going to end?

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2020, 10:30:42 PM »

This sums up the lunacy. The police ask (with fixed penalty pad and pen at the ready) “which football club do you support?”
I reply “Well it used to be Altrincham  if I’m honest, but in view of the fact you’ve got a FPN in your hand I’m contemplating buying a Barnton scarf, hat, replica shirt and season ticket”.
They’ll be no pantomimes this year unless you count sanarios like this. Where’s it all going to end?

It's all stark raving bonkers.

We can stay 3' apart outside and travel separately if necessary!

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2020, 09:54:58 AM »

correct. If we all drive there we’ve statistically more chance of perishing in a RTC than covid 19. Those willing to chance dodging an RTC should be free to risk assess and go ahead.
If you prevent the use of all motor vehicles on the highways you can eliminate this risk too. No,no,no, forget I said that. 😱

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2020, 10:57:20 AM »

You're  missing the point a bit. You might catch Covid and get off relatively scott free, but the five people you pass it on to might not be in such good health as you and suffer much worse consequences.

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2020, 12:07:33 PM »

You're  missing the point a bit. You might catch Covid and get off relatively scott free, but the five people you pass it on to might not be in such good health as you and suffer much worse consequences.
They're also forgetting that there's an off-topic thread for discussing this nonsense.
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2020, 12:12:49 PM »

They're also forgetting that there's an off-topic thread for discussing this nonsense.

Here here
Full time and proud of it

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2020, 12:22:22 PM »

correct. If we all drive there we’ve statistically more chance of perishing in a RTC than covid 19. Those willing to chance dodging an RTC should be free to risk assess and go ahead.
If you prevent the use of all motor vehicles on the highways you can eliminate this risk too. No,no,no, forget I said that. 😱

Perspective, at last!

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2020, 02:05:41 PM »

Sorry folks! I’m easily distracted.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2020, 02:17:47 PM »

Let's ask Phil on his view in the next Interview!  ;D
It's all my fault.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2020, 11:25:43 PM »

The point is, "London" Alty, how are Barnton supposed to enforce this nonsense?

And did anyone tell the pen pushers that the first round (or whatever this is) of the csc is not particularly "elite"?

100% Altrincham fc first team related. There is plenty of comment on the ot thread about the current debacle for those interested.

But whilst this nonsene is ruining our season, obviously there will be some mention of it on here too from time to time. Same as Alty ladies' team, Alty youth team etc. etc. Why don't you just scroll past it if you're not interested, same as other people?

Speaking of which, my new poll....
« Last Edit: November 03, 2020, 11:34:12 PM by Hugh »
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team