PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Radio Robins Coverage of Altrincham v Burnley
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Radio Robins Coverage of Altrincham v Burnley  (Read 8252 times)

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: July 08, 2011, 09:27:31 AM »

Radio Robins will be providing full match coverage of saturday's game against Burnley starting at 2.45pm.

You can tune into Radio Robins via the internet on www.radiorobins.com

Dougals Dad

Re: Radio Robins Coverage of Altrincham v Burnley
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2011, 01:25:49 PM »

Thankyou

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2011, 04:06:45 PM »

Thankyou

It's a pleasure!

I hope that your hopes are not too high though as we haven't done any training together.........Jack Jolly's not 100% fit.......& Simon Ellis is hanging on for better money & believed to be in talking to Dave Pace about forming 'Radio Bloods'!!!

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2011, 04:16:52 PM »

Thankyou

It's a pleasure!

I hope that your hopes are not too high though as we haven't done any training together.........Jack Jolly's not 100% fit.......& Simon Ellis is hanging on for better money & believed to be in talking to Dave Pace about forming 'Radio Bloods'!!!

:D :D :D

Flynn out! We're losing all our best commentators and now we're only left with that useless pie eater JJ.

And you've lost my services after you tossed my brilliant name suggestions by the wayside...your only choice now is to get in touch with that amazing commentary team, the Birch Brothers.
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

(S)ALTY

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2011, 04:46:10 PM »

Hang on a minute ...

What category do I fall into in this little contretemp ??     ???

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2011, 06:54:31 PM »

I hope fans will understand that as a professional it is down to me to seek to commentate at the highest possible level, that and I've heard a big up front fee might be on offer.
Bernard Taylors barmy army

(S)ALTY

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2011, 09:47:52 PM »

I hope fans will understand that as a professional it is down to me to seek to commentate at the highest possible level, that and I've heard a big up front fee might be on offer.

If you want to commentate at the highest level I'm sure we can get you a position ontop of the roof of the main stand ?.   ;D   ;D

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2011, 09:51:09 PM »

Should be good numbers listening tomorrow,burnley seem thankful for the radio link

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=104&fid=297&sty=2&act=1&mid=2116989821

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2011, 11:09:45 PM »

Should be good numbers listening tomorrow,burnley seem thankful for the radio link

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=104&fid=297&sty=2&act=1&mid=2116989821

Thanks for posting that Pete.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2011, 03:46:48 PM »

I'd still prefer it was kept in house as it's not like we're making any money out of the exposure from opposition fans and a large influx always seems to negatively affect the transmission......which has now left Burnley fans complaining about the breaks in transmission and the 30 second (ish) delay from real-time. I for one am truly greatful for this innovative move, exceptionally so this season given lower media profile......but in-house till we know it can stand the demand placed upon it........I want it all to myself (and other Alty fans of course).....I'm greedy like that

As said last season, I would be more than happy to pay subscription for such a service.....it's a lifeline.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2011, 03:49:09 PM »

I'd still prefer it was kept in house as it's not like we're making any money out of the exposure from opposition fans and a large influx always seems to negatively affect the transmission......which has now left Burnley fans complaining about the breaks in transmission and the 30 second (ish) delay from real-time. I for one am truly greatful for this innovative move, exceptionally so this season given lower media profile......but in-house till we know it can stand the demand placed upon it........I want it all to myself (and other Alty fans of course).....I'm greedy like that

As said last season, I would be more than happy to pay subscription for such a service.....it's a lifeline.

Agreed.

PaulClementsLaments

• Regular First Team
  • I wish I was a spaceman...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2011, 04:22:14 PM »

Agreed.

The techie problems are frustrating for all concerned and Brian & myself have discussed looking into making the service more robust now we know there is an appreciative audience who will use it. My role in this has been the initial setup of the service and now background support - I'm keen to iron out the problems so the commentators can concentrate on the games confident they are broadcasting 100%.  I will be looking into this further but I expect there may have to be some investment to buy a service that we can rely on - the free service we are using has done pretty well but its limitations are becoming more apparent.

If anyone has any suggestions I can be emailed at radiorobins@gmail.com

Cheers,
Paul

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2011, 04:33:43 PM »

I'm sure you are right about having to go for a pay stream service......it may be worth while taking a look at some of the cost options and seeing how many would be prepared to pay for a subscription service. I would have thought you could get enough of us eager listeners to pay enough to cover the setup and hosting fees. There are many that paid stupid amounts to Sultana for the prospect of one game on tv (me included).
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2011, 04:34:54 PM »

I'm sure you are right about having to go for a pay stream service......it may be worth while taking a look at some of the cost options and seeing how many would be prepared to pay for a subscription service. I would have thought you could get enough of us eager listeners to pay enough to cover the setup and hosting fees. There are many that paid stupid amounts to Sultana for the prospect of one game on tv (me included).

I think any reasonable fee would be very very good value.

bigcol

« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2011, 04:37:52 PM »

I'd be interested (via my business) in sponsoring a full-fat Radio Robins - if you can get some numbers together PM me.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team