PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Play-off place confirmed!
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Play-off place confirmed!  (Read 11532 times)

brian1925

Re: Play-off place confirmed!
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2013, 08:19:52 PM »

Great performance in the 2nd half today. Scored 6, should have scored 10, could have scored 20. Luca was again outstanding, but i thought Jake played well too. A word or two for Hinckley though, never stopped trying, lovely ground and hospitable people - hope it all works out well for them. Bring on Halifax...

robins1978

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2013, 08:52:36 PM »

Great performance in the 2nd half today. Scored 6, should have scored 10, could have scored 20. Luca was again outstanding, but i thought Jake played well too. A word or two for Hinckley though, never stopped trying, lovely ground and hospitable people - hope it all works out well for them. Bring on Halifax...
I thought (and said on Five Live Radio) the same when we beat them 8-0 at home. Maybe after thier keeper was sent off the heads went down (at home) but generally kept going. Good Luck in the future whatever it may bring to Hinckley.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2013, 09:05:51 PM »

Lee now has a dilemma to face before tuesday.

Does he rest key players and rotate the squad in the last two games,...or does he go for it tuesday in the hope of beating Halifax and getting 4th? Brackley do seem to have improved again, so would Guiseley really be a tougher prospect? They were no better than us last week.

The worry I have is if he does go for it, we may pick up some injuries to key players which effectively lose us the playoffs. I hope he is positive and we do go for it  8) 8) 8) 8)

markecky

« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2013, 02:17:07 AM »

Getting fourth gives us an outside chance of being at home on the final.

Jezza

« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2013, 07:40:02 AM »

I'd play a full line up against Halifax and then rest Duncan v droylsden

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2013, 08:33:41 AM »

Getting fourth gives us an outside chance of being at home on the final.

Agreed plus I would prefer to play Brackley rather than Guiesley.
However I would point out that our away results against these clubs have been better than those at home this season.

RocketDan

« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2013, 10:14:32 AM »

On one hand, Four Reasons why we should play our strongest team on Tuesday to beat Halifax:

1) We need to win the game to give us any realist chance of getting 4th place - thus avoiding the strongest team (Guiseley) in the semi-final
2) It gives us a chance to get mental edge over them going into the play offs.
3) Keeping a lot of possession will wear them out for their game against Chester on Thursday (which we need Chester to win).
4) If we finished 4th - and Halifax beat Guiseley in the semi-final: the final would be at Moss Lane.

On the other hand, I'm thinking we should rest our key players (Watmore and Reeves) plus anyone who likely to pick us a card and get suspended. As far as I'm concerned it's job done - we're in the play offs and now want to be a fresh and injury free for the run in. On our day, I reckon we can beat any of them home or away. So i'm not sure it makes a massive difference between finishing 4th and 5th.

I'm not sure what our management or fans think is the best - but as negative as it sounds, for me I could never forgive the manager if Duncan or Reeves got injured playing in a game we didn't need to win, when we have (potentially) three massive games coming up. Maybe 30 minutes at the end of each game just to keep them sharp but not overplay them and risk injuring them. it's been a very long season, particularly for Reeves. Also, these last two games could be a decent chance to experiment with the team slightly and give other players to get match fitness.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 10:22:30 AM by The Golf Road Grumbler »

JT

« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2013, 10:26:28 AM »

Strongest team on Tuesday for me, resting anyone with any niggling injuries, e.g. Richman. 

Then a changed side at home to Droylsden, giving most of the starting XI a week to rest before the first leg of the playoff semi final.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2013, 11:31:52 AM »

On one hand, Four Reasons why we should play our strongest team on Tuesday to beat Halifax:

1) We need to win the game to give us any realist chance of getting 4th place - thus avoiding the strongest team (Guiseley) in the semi-final
2) It gives us a chance to get mental edge over them going into the play offs.
3) Keeping a lot of possession will wear them out for their game against Chester on Thursday (which we need Chester to win).
4) If we finished 4th - and Halifax beat Guiseley in the semi-final: the final would be at Moss Lane.

On the other hand, I'm thinking we should rest our key players (Watmore and Reeves) plus anyone who likely to pick us a card and get suspended. As far as I'm concerned it's job done - we're in the play offs and now want to be a fresh and injury free for the run in. On our day, I reckon we can beat any of them home or away. So i'm not sure it makes a massive difference between finishing 4th and 5th.

I'm not sure what our management or fans think is the best - but as negative as it sounds, for me I could never forgive the manager if Duncan or Reeves got injured playing in a game we didn't need to win, when we have (potentially) three massive games coming up. Maybe 30 minutes at the end of each game just to keep them sharp but not overplay them and risk injuring them. it's been a very long season, particularly for Reeves. Also, these last two games could be a decent chance to experiment with the team slightly and give other players to get match fitness.

Reason 5 would be so that Boshell can play in the semi-finals. And potentially the final, if Halifax beat Guiseley.

brian1925

« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2013, 12:35:42 PM »

100% must play our strongest team on Tuesday

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2013, 01:17:13 PM »

100% must play our strongest team on Tuesday

totally agree  ,im sure halifax will be going for it and want fourth place

Jimmy

« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2013, 01:59:21 PM »

I think we will win our last 2 and sneak 4th

Hamilton

« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2013, 04:16:44 PM »

We need to play out best players to get as high as possible and give ourselves the psychological edge with a couple of good wins - simple.

JDN

« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2013, 04:19:21 PM »

Lee now has a dilemma to face before tuesday.

Does he rest key players and rotate the squad in the last two games,...or does he go for it tuesday in the hope of beating Halifax and getting 4th? Brackley do seem to have improved again, so would Guiseley really be a tougher prospect? They were no better than us last week.

The worry I have is if he does go for it, we may pick up some injuries to key players which effectively lose us the playoffs. I hope he is positive and we do go for it  8) 8) 8) 8)
not really a dilemma is it

Coming 4th is key, so of course we have to play our strongest team

markecky

« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2013, 04:21:57 PM »

We need to play out best players to get as high as possible and give ourselves the psychological edge with a couple of good wins - simple.

I think its far from simple Hamilton to be honest.

No question for me that the best team starts against Halifax.

However if the Droyslden results makes no difference to our place we should start the team that started yesterday even if everyone is fit.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Play-off place confirmed!