News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Ross bloody Joyce...............

Author Topic: Ross bloody Joyce...............  (Read 2730 times)

taxi Phil

« on: March 22, 2011, 07:52:49 PM »

...............will be the referee against Southport on Tuesday. Although we have won a game under his control (at Tamworth last season) he would be my last choice for such an important match as this one.  He has to be the most niggly officious annoying twerp to have set foot on our pitch as "the man in charge". Any way we can get him blockaded in Yorkshire ?

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
Re: Ross bloody Joyce...............
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2011, 07:55:50 PM »

Can't we judge him after the southport game? He might have improved his refing. We don't have any say on the choice of referee so we have to put up with it
They really should be beating teams like us

SammyH8

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile

Steve-o

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2011, 08:26:19 AM »

Yawn

taxi Phil

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2011, 11:49:28 PM »

Can't we judge him after the southport game? He might have improved his refing. We don't have any say on the choice of referee so we have to put up with it
I've judged him. I was right. There were those who said I was unfair to him, but one was his mother, and the other was him. Not his father, who he's never met. The man is a 24 carat gold plonker who needs to be told that the game is not all about HIM. Having said all that, I've no arguments with Danylyk's dismissal, for which the Club should fine him. I'm a fan of Anthony's as a rule, but tonight he cost us a win in my opinion.

andrewflynn

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2011, 11:55:23 PM »

I've judged him. I was right. There were those who said I was unfair to him, but one was his mother, and the other was him. Not his father, who he's never met. The man is a 24 carat gold plonker who needs to be told that the game is not all about HIM. Having said all that, I've no arguments with Danylyk's dismissal, for which the Club should fine him. I'm a fan of Anthony's as a rule, but tonight he cost us a win in my opinion.

Agreed, it was extremely stupid. Tonight reminded me so much of Tamworth away earlier this year, a game we should have won had we kept all eleven men on the pitch...

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2011, 11:19:39 AM »

Last night I thought that was one of the worst performances by a ref this season. But thinking about it he got the key decisions right by law. The 2 sending-offs were justified, but I think he could have prevented the sending-offs with better man-management. The penalty seemed to be the correct decision, though the assistant didn't flag for the penalty when he had the best view(but he might have communicated with the ref in another way). He played a good advantage in the first half after a foul on an Alty player which we could scored from. Though also in the first half he should cautioned the southport player when he brought down Nicky Clee after he when clear of him. He also made many strange decisions in the game which seemed to wind-up everyone.
Hopefully Mr Joyce will get promoted to the football league list so we don't have to put up with again. If he is the referee development officer for Northumberland then God help us all if he is teaching the future refs from the North East.
They really should be beating teams like us

taxi Phil

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2011, 02:25:00 PM »

Last night I thought that was one of the worst performances by a ref this season. But thinking about it he got the key decisions right by law. The 2 sending-offs were justified, but I think he could have prevented the sending-offs with better man-management. The penalty seemed to be the correct decision, though the assistant didn't flag for the penalty when he had the best view(but he might have communicated with the ref in another way). He played a good advantage in the first half after a foul on an Alty player which we could scored from. Though also in the first half he should cautioned the southport player when he brought down Nicky Clee after he when clear of him. He also made many strange decisions in the game which seemed to wind-up everyone.
Hopefully Mr Joyce will get promoted to the football league list so we don't have to put up with again. If he is the referee development officer for Northumberland then God help us all if he is teaching the future refs from the North East.
Better man management is indeed one of the key issues ! He did do a lot of good things, and clearly knows his stuff, but he has a rather arrogant attitude that rubs players up the wrong way, not least his habit of talking to an offending player as if addressing a wayward child.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team