PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Barrow Match thread
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Barrow Match thread  (Read 8252 times)

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Barrow Match thread
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2011, 02:54:56 AM »

Att: 289

Could not believe how empty the ground looked at 7.40pm.......289 people  >:(.........so disappointing when considering a) the good quality of football at friendlies so far and b) the club needs some support / money if it is to progress
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 02:58:01 AM by Mick »
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Jezza

« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2011, 08:13:39 AM »

from timperley robin's you tube vid I was impressed with the intricate free kick which has clearly been worked on and the football leading up to the frist goal in particular twiss's pull back cross to create the space for densmore's finish.

Let's not forget we are in holiday time, people saving money and we have had big crowds for our first few games and a lot of money spent on Mad-dog's testimonial so maybe people are saving for the stockport game and the season proper?

Very very impressed with the way our manager has gone about his summer business and I am now looking at top 10 at least and hoping we can quietly go about sneaking through the play offs!....and if these lads can go out of the csc early but get a plum fa cup run even to the 2nd round that'd be superb...

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2011, 08:38:50 AM »

I have to say I also thought the crowd was surprisingly small tonight, a cracking display for just 7 english pounds is bloody good value..

Yet again another sound and accomplished performance from a fit looking squad of players who to be honest made the barrow boys look like it was Alty who were the full time outfit.

The pleasing thing with watching Alty is that they look to have a good balance and there work rate is much better than Ive seen for a long time.  Robbie Lawton's work rate was superb tonight

A lovely worked free kick to put a good end  on a night which was spoilt by a churlish tackle by the barrow manager who should know fkn better - it was a friendly ffs..

I know which manager will be the most worried this morning and it wont be Lee Sinnott.

I hope the Barrow goalie makes a quick recovery.

I still havent seen anything that changes my mindset that we will be up there challenging for honours next season.

Well done lads

Onwards & Upwards

Cmon Alty

B E L I E V E

Jacko

« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2011, 11:34:30 AM »

judging a team by friendlys feels a bit like false hope to me and i cant wait for a realistic game, i got bored of them after 2! if we played in the bsn friendly league this year we'd win it for sure!!

anyway onwards and upwards see you all at stockport!!

taxi Phil

« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2011, 09:41:19 PM »

I don't think we'll have to "go to Bar-row" in 2012-3 since we'll pass them coming down as we go up  ;D

That would annoy me!

One of my closer games in 12/3 if I get into university
Lancaster I assume ? You can always hope that Kenny gets involved in back-to-back relegations...............................

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2011, 11:49:48 PM »

Very very impressed with the way our manager has gone about his summer business and I am now looking at top 10 at least

Jezza, are you telling me that before some good pre season results you weren't sure about us finishing in the top 10??

It's not 2002.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Barrow Match thread