PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Is anyone else concerned?
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Is anyone else concerned?  (Read 13399 times)

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Is anyone else concerned?
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2015, 10:46:17 AM »

It does concern me a little bit how we seem to get a bit of a nosebleed when advancing into the opponents' half with ball at feet, i.e. there is a bit of hesitancy to continue taking it forward.

In the aftermath of Duncan's departure, we just haven't had anyone willing to run at the space in front of them.

Hamilton

« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2015, 12:02:26 PM »

Clee can do this and I wonder if George can be the man to do this too.

Jimmy

« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2015, 12:19:32 PM »

Concerned maybe a little I think the league will be harder because of the 4 that came up be better than the 4 to go down also other teams know are style and tactics so we really need a better squad than last season out of what we've signed rankine should do ok much better than Perry also deasey is better than Parton however I believe we should've got a keeper who is better than stu despite his justified legend status I worry he has long seen his best days I hope Sinnott proves me wrong that he isn't here just for who he is but he didn't in his previous 2 spells and I know nothing about the rest of them this will probably be seen as negative rather than honest

Randy Konk

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2015, 12:57:39 PM »

Concerned maybe a little I think the league will be harder because of the 4 that came up be better than the 4 to go down also other teams know are style and tactics so we really need a better squad than last season out of what we've signed rankine should do ok much better than Perry also deasey is better than Parton however I believe we should've got a keeper who is better than stu despite his justified legend status I worry he has long seen his best days I hope Sinnott proves me wrong that he isn't here just for who he is but he didn't in his previous 2 spells and I know nothing about the rest of them this will probably be seen as negative rather than honest

I agree, it will be much tougher and I still worry about the lack of a creative edge when Nicky Clee is out of the team.

However, despite the scoreline on Saturday, I thought we did well defensively and Stuart Coburn was brilliant. Whilst he can still put in performances like that, he can play till he's 50 as far as I'm concerned...

Jenga

« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2015, 05:42:24 PM »

To be fair Stu has had his day like he had last season and the season before and the season before.............etc.

He is still quality and there are not many better keepers in this league.

Jimmy

« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2015, 06:09:51 PM »

To be fair Stu has had his day like he had last season and the season before and the season before.............etc.

better than most keepers in the league I'm afraid that's nonsense Jenga won't be many keepers who are beat by so many shots from outside the box
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 06:24:38 PM by Jimmy »

andrewflynn

« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2015, 06:30:20 PM »

better than most keepers in the league I'm afraid that's nonsense Jenga won't be many keepers who are beat by so many shots from outside the box

Agreed.

Jenga

« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2015, 07:42:25 PM »

Would be interested to see how many goals were scored against us last season from outside the box.

eightiesrobin

« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2015, 07:52:36 PM »

I can think of at least 7 from the home games. It's actually 8 - Welling, Grimsby, Kidderminster, Chester, Torquay. FGR. Barnet and Wrexham
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 08:10:09 PM by eightiesrobin »

Jenga

« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2015, 10:36:22 PM »

I can think of at least 7 from the home games. It's actually 8 - Welling, Grimsby, Kidderminster, Chester, Torquay. FGR. Barnet and Wrexham

And how many of those were Stu's fault? I expect not all 8?

Jezza

« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2015, 07:49:01 PM »

Can i apologise for a trouble making thread.
Clearly come the season start we will not be having the same old lack of creativity especially when nicky is injured lawrie on the left wing doesnt work noone on the right post match inquests after losing a match there for the taking...

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2015, 09:21:46 PM »

If any team chooses to defend for 45 minutes any keeper will be put under uneccesarry pressure

Not seen anything that greatly concerns me about stu.

ParkINson's red and white army

Jimmy

« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2015, 09:32:00 PM »

They didn't choose to defend they were forced back by a better team stu couldn't do anything about the goal and it's hard to blame a defence who were put under so much pressure

Jezza

« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2016, 09:28:29 PM »

The only thing I got wrong was that the league was a lot poorer this season.

Utterly utterly predictable and foreseeable.

I also posted before the Colchester game about strengthening then......we strengthened weeks later..... too late.

Will we get someone in to manage the players for the next 3 games?....or will we act too late again?
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Is anyone else concerned?