News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The season so far

Author Topic: The season so far  (Read 1692 times)

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
The season so far
« on: January 12, 2013, 01:09:19 AM »

Currently there seems to be a lot of positive vibes coming from the club and fellow supporters. The side are doing very well at present. They are scoring goals, playing a very attractive game and our now starting to shut up shop in our defence. This seems to have come gradually from just before Christmas and running into the new year. I am sure I am not the only one to say how much I am enjoying the season now that we seem more settled, and have a good strong playing squad. I think our team are a joy to watch at present, they play a lovely passing game of football aka a non-league version of Man Utd. If you see Man Utd, they also emphasise attacking football; but also their defence can sometimes leave a lot to be desired as well. Several times this season I think United and Altrincham have mirrored some games, but both seem to be conquering their original faults on the pitch are are turning into good teams playing football the way it should be played.

Lee and Neil have got Altrincham playing to our expectations now, and even though there is a long way to go as yet this season, I can see where we are heading and how we are progressing. Basically we are doing what Lee and Neil intended to do from their original plan. I say lets give the final push for the playoffs now and see how far we can get. I am not taking too much notice of the latest rumours re Duncan and Damien but we should just concentrate on ourselves at present - there has also been nothing from the club regarding this either, it is just hearsay for me.

Thanks to the players and Neil and Lee for a great season so far, you are definitely getting there lads. Give it your all at Worcester on Saturday pm, and then next Tuesday at Droylsden. Six points from the next two games will put us in a much more commanding position. I really think now that Lee, Neil and the team are the future for this club, and I for one, have taken many positives from last Saturdays game.

So lads, I am enjoying the season, and if you want to achieve success then the ball is in your court, one things for certain, the fans are right behind you all. Good luck tomorrow lads! Stake your claim in the playoff spots and give it your all.

Steve from Sale

Jimmy

Re: The season so far
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2013, 11:36:28 AM »

I won't read that I will wait till it comes out in paperback only jesting nice and positive steve

JDN

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2013, 12:05:49 PM »

I take it you missed the Stalybridge game Steve

markecky

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2013, 01:17:58 PM »

Can't we wait until we lose today and drop to eleventh before we start pulling stuff apart again.

Good positive post Steve. We've put ourselves in with a chance now and we need to take it by showing how we can play like against Harrogate and getting points on the board.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2013, 02:22:15 PM »

Good positive post and even though i whinge a lot its only because i love the club and want  to see us  progress to the conference where we at least belong! Also at times we have played some of the best football I've seen for a long time this season.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2013, 08:28:32 PM »

I missed the away game but not the home one.

A win is a win, and the best league championship winning teams win dirty, its the three points that matter which we got. United have come from behind many games to win ultimately - its how you win leagues, and is the sign of championship stuff - playing badly and winning.

From the Worcester game which I take as very much a positive, its about the defence not conceding again against a good side away from home. Believe we are shutting up shop in defence now.

Beat Droylsden away and we are right amongst them. I also fancy us to give the reamining top teams we have to play a bit of a game now.

As I said, balls in our court, but I dont see why I/we should not feel positive.

The anti Sinnott Brigade are strangely quiet me thinks. I told you be patient and let all take it's course, this club is in good hands as I have always said. Some of you should try thinking more positively, its actually quite fun!!!
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The season so far