News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Nice to see the conference clamping down

Author Topic: Nice to see the conference clamping down  (Read 1986 times)

bigcol

« on: October 26, 2009, 09:05:45 PM »

....not

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/chester/8319314.stm

No wonder Chester & co flaunt the rules when they know they'll get extensions and the benefit of the doubt.

markecky

Re: Nice to see the conference clamping down
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2009, 09:20:56 PM »

I can't understand why Wrexham and Vauxhall are not paid directly out of the £134,000 being withheld from Chester by the FA

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2009, 09:28:55 PM »

I can't understand why Wrexham and Vauxhall are not paid directly out of the £134,000 being withheld from Chester by the FA

I would have thought that it as that money is essentially Chester's and they have to agree to this happening. They haven't, so it hasn't. (could be wrong though ;))
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

bigcol

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2009, 09:45:32 PM »

I can't understand why money given to the club for tickets doesn't go straight to the away club.  Seeing as they and every club do at it least 20 times a season, it must be automatic to send the cheque off at the close of each match.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2009, 10:08:51 PM »

I can't understand why money given to the club for tickets doesn't go straight to the away club.  Seeing as they and every club do at it least 20 times a season, it must be automatic to send the cheque off at the close of each match.

I think you may have got the wrong end of the stick bigcol. The away teams don't get any money. i.e we don't get any money for the Alty fans who go to Oxford this Saturday, the home club gets it.

What has happened in this case (Wrexham v Chester 27/9/09 at Wrexham)  is rather than Wrexham selling tickets to Chester fans and all the ensuing problems is that they've given Chester City 2,000 tickets and said, right sell those yourselves. When you're done send us a cheque for what you've sold and also send back any unsold tickets.

Chester haven't cos they're sh*thouses, clearly.

bigcol

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2009, 10:25:16 PM »

Cheers Ballers, I forget that at this level you can pay on the door at most matches.

Still no excuse from Chester not to give them back the money.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2009, 11:00:13 PM »

Well, you'd already confused me to be honest, it is fairly rare that a club sends a batch of tickets out for a league game though.

And you're right that none of it changes the fundamental problem. Stephen Vaughan, what he is and what he does...

Aussie Bob

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2009, 04:08:01 AM »

Once the conference let them in then they have no other option than to try and keep them afloat and fulfill their fixtures , it impacts all the other teams otherwise. Whether it was a wise idea to let them start the conference season is another thing.....
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team