News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Still -5 degrees at 8.30 this morning

Author Topic: Still -5 degrees at 8.30 this morning  (Read 2535 times)

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: February 07, 2009, 08:27:01 AM »

Whilst it looks like there may be a bit of sun around this morning, we really need the temperature to go up a couple of notches in the next hour or two.It has been five below zero for the last hour.

JT

Re: Still -5 degrees at 8.30 this morning
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2009, 08:50:45 AM »

What time is the pitch inspection?  I'm guessing it can't be left too long seeing as people are travelling from eastbourne!

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2009, 09:03:20 AM »

What time is the pitch inspection?  I'm guessing it can't be left too long seeing as people are travelling from eastbourne!

Now -3 degrees....hurrah!

There is no early pitch inspection scheduled as Eastbourne travelled yesterday.That could change as overnight the temperature has been a bit colder than forecast.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2009, 09:08:35 AM »

If there was i'm presuming it'd be around 11am, when hopefully the temp is above freezing, I think the previous post was aimed more towards fans travelling up.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2009, 09:27:03 AM »

If there was i'm presuming it'd be around 11am, when hopefully the temp is above freezing, I think the previous post was aimed more towards fans travelling up.

Yes, the travelling fans are in a difficult situation.Assuming that they left around seven, they would have travelled a fairly significant distance by nine o' clock, which would have been the earliest pitch inspection time.If a decision had to be made at that time then I'm sure that it would have been:-

a) Off
 or
b)A further pitch inspection later

The bottom line is that there is no perfect solution.Whenever the pitch inspection takes place there is a downside & I am sure that having travelled, Eastbourne would want the pitch inspection to be as late as possible as that gives them the best chance of the match being on.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2009, 09:36:06 AM »

Yes, the travelling fans are in a difficult situation.Assuming that they left around seven, they would have travelled a fairly significant distance by nine o' clock, which would have been the earliest pitch inspection time.If a decision had to be made at that time then I'm sure that it would have been:-

a) Off
 or
b)A further pitch inspection later

The bottom line is that there is no perfect solution.Whenever the pitch inspection takes place there is a downside & I am sure that having travelled, Eastbourne would want the pitch inspection to be as late as possible as that gives them the best chance of the match being on.

Yep agreed.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2009, 09:55:31 AM »

The club are calling in a local referee to inspect the pitch this morning.The frost is thawing slowly & the temperature is now -1 degree celsius & the morning is reasonably bright.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2009, 10:05:37 AM »

The club are calling in a local referee to inspect the pitch this morning.The frost is thawing slowly & the temperature is now -1 degree celsius & the morning is reasonably bright.

What decision will Phil make do you think  ;)
ParkINson's red and white army

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2009, 11:34:49 AM »

Thought I was going to hear this lot today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRfavWYwz-M

Aussie Bob

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2009, 01:18:37 PM »

-5 brrrr !!!...bloody hell it hit 46 celcius here today !!!...shame i cant send of the warmth over .....only good point about the game getting cancelled is that we have a chance to get some players back from injury.....
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team