Proud
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Proud  (Read 8340 times)

jhcorbett

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Proud
« on: May 10, 2014, 06:42:05 PM »

So proud of all the players, management, staff and fans after that. Jesus H Corbett that was tense!
Was dreading penalties (esp after Wally went off and their keeper was having a stormer) but up steps supersub Greg Wilko who sent us all mental with his first touch.
Effing fantastic! Proud of all Alty today.

brian1925

Re: Proud
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2014, 06:49:04 PM »

Was in tears at the end, so very very proud. I've never said it before, BUT THANK YOU LEE for putting the smile back on our faces

Scottie

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2014, 06:59:18 PM »

All I can say is thank you to Lee and all the players - It made all the days travelling to tiny soulless grounds with little support all worthwhile.
So pleased I managed to get to both Hednesford games and the final - wouldn't have missed it for the world. Well done boys !

York Alty

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2014, 07:25:54 PM »

I bottled it! i listened in to the first half, but turned off at the break - it was too much for me.  I don't do stress any more!  Tuned back in for the last fifteen minutes of normal time, but as it was always going to be close extra time was as per expectations.

Dropped in and out of ET - and missed the winner! Everybody has their limit and pens were beyond me, and I thought that's where we were heading. 

I'll' relive the whole game when the recording goes up and look forward to Alty TV.

Fantastic job by the players and management today.  Getting that crowd in and out safely is also worthy of praise - well done everybody involved with getting todays game on.

It's gonna be a tough old season ahead but we're in there on merit - we deserve it.

arnald

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2014, 07:36:19 PM »

the gods smiled on us today we are  alty I love alty we love
alty  ;D

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2014, 07:46:17 PM »

Yeeeeeeaaah , bloody hell , why do  alty make us sweat like this  my heart  can't  take it , what a afinal , feel little sorry for guisley , wish them good luck in the next season .

bigedd

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2014, 08:06:24 PM »

It was.Awesome today.Well done to all at Alty F C and the Fans.it's a long time since I've seen a crowd that big at The J D Stadium.Congratulations.
It's only what you deserve.

Guiseley fan

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2014, 08:08:22 PM »

Well done today and good luck in the conference next year.

ONE POINT I WOULD LIKE TO MAKE THINK A LOT OF YOUR FANS SHOULD GIVE A BIG WELL DONE TO LEE SINNOTT WHO GETS SLAGGED OFF EVERY WEEK ON THIS FORUM BY A CERTAIN FEW.

ripleym

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2014, 08:10:45 PM »

ONE POINT I WOULD LIKE TO MAKE THINK A LOT OF YOUR FANS SHOULD GIVE A BIG WELL DONE TO LEE SINNOTT WHO GETS SLAGGED OFF EVERY WEEK ON THIS FORUM BY A CERTAIN FEW.

Well said, and great of you to be so gracious in defeat.  Could have been a different result on a number of occasions.  Good luck for next season, and perhaps now people will get behind a manager who I developed a huge sense of respect for after the awards evening not so long ago.

York Alty

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2014, 08:11:29 PM »

I agree with Guiseley Fan on that.  My faith waivered once or twice, but Lee said he'd get us promoted and he did.  Well done to Lee, the board, bus driver and THE WHOLE TEAM OFF THE PITCH. ;D

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2014, 08:12:06 PM »

This

Also credit to Lee for his dignity in going to the Guiseley Management on his way to the presentation

York Alty

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2014, 08:14:32 PM »

Macc scum reaction is as per what you'd expect.

http://fansonline.net/macclesfieldtown/mb/view.php?id=129871

A couple of mentions of "if we're still going" about next seasons derby. A true derby that...

arnald

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2014, 08:18:47 PM »

Can I say thank you to the away fans today
Bloody awesome to see the lads and lases sing there heart  out

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2014, 08:27:11 PM »

Unreal today and the way the games was won thanks to lee and the players ,what a season !

taxi Phil

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2014, 09:24:19 PM »

After being pessimistic all season, I really fancied us today......and it wasn't till I decided that we'd blown it and were going to lose on penalties that we achieved our massive result.

So next season I shall continue in my "prophet of doom" mode in the sure and certain knowledge that I'm going to be proved utterly wrong by the amazing Alty.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Proud