News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 After the pain.....

Author Topic: After the pain.....  (Read 1244 times)

taxi Phil

After the pain.....
« on: November 09, 2014, 11:03:31 PM »

....of watching the "highlights" of this afternoon's debacle, there are questions that need to be answered. I came away from Sincil Bank on Tuesday night feeling optimistic and fully expectant of a place in the second round draw. The same ten outfield players started, so what could possibly go wrong ?

1. Why on earth did Sinnott decide to play a back three ? Densmore didn't play upfield on Tuesday !

2. When he realised it was doomed to failure (ie when Lawrie turned up at right back and conceded a penalty in only four minutes) why did he not have the nous to change it ?

3. If he felt he HAD to persevere with this lunacy, why was Cavanagh not introduced to play in front of the defenders ? Both Richman and Moult were useless today.

4. Did he actually WATCH Blyth before today ? He should have had their captain tied up so he didn't have the freedom of the pitch.

5. Why did it take so long to substitute Lawrie...nobody played well, but he was particularly dreadful.

6. Did he say ANYTHING to them at half time ? Nothing seemed to change.

If you can bear it, watch the highlights, and just look how much space Maguire had between Havern and Marshall for the fourth goal. How can we envisage playing a back three with two paceless players like them forming 66.66% of it ? And unfortunately Leather had one of the worst games I can ever remember seeing from him.

I lost a day's earnings in addition to the actual expense of getting there and getting in. And tonight I feel ashamed to be an Alty fan.

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
Re: After the pain.....
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2014, 11:08:33 PM »

About to watch them now but not sure I can hack it. Just embarrassed and bitterly disappointed by today.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 After the pain.....