PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Fleetwood - has their bubble burst?
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Fleetwood - has their bubble burst?  (Read 5794 times)

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: October 14, 2010, 07:40:03 PM »

Obviously we have to remember our relative positions in the table, but Fleetwood could be there for the taking.
They have had a run of draws and were outplayed by Cambridge last weekend, with a strengthened defence and a bit more luck/composure in front of goal this could be the ideal game to start off a recovery.
Apparently at Wrexham (so my spies tell me) they moved the ball about well but had very little in terms of a goal threat, if we can frustrate them they could be vulnerable later on in the game. I am looking forward to Saturday now.
In Ken we trust, come on Alty!!

VofD

Re: Fleetwood - has their bubble burst?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2010, 10:51:19 PM »

Obviously we have to remember our relative positions in the table, but Fleetwood could be there for the taking.
They have had a run of draws and were outplayed by Cambridge last weekend, with a strengthened defence and a bit more luck/composure in front of goal this could be the ideal game to start off a recovery.
Apparently at Wrexham (so my spies tell me) they moved the ball about well but had very little in terms of a goal threat, if we can frustrate them they could be vulnerable later on in the game. I am looking forward to Saturday now.

Speak for yourself. :-\ :-\ :-\

Jenga

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2010, 11:53:45 PM »

He obviously is, christ almighty do you ever shut up ???

markecky

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2010, 10:43:30 AM »

Sorry to hijack a Fleetwood thread..

Come on V of D, you are at least going to give him some time as the manager in his own right surely?

I applaud him for having the balls to take it on. 

He could well be on a hiding to nothing but he is willing to give it his best shot. 

His life would have been much easier if he walked away and we appointed Kim Grant or someone.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2010, 11:11:20 AM »

or alternativly my spies at wrexham tell me the best passing side to play at wrexham for years
Bernard Taylors barmy army

brian1925

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2010, 11:37:05 AM »

Fleetwood are a very, very good side with a couple of players in their ranks who are much too good for this level. Tomorrow we will need a great deal of luck, but the whole new manager thing might raise morale a little.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2010, 11:56:53 AM »

By the same token they have crap like mcnulty playing for them and a tactically inept manager

brian1925

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2010, 12:16:09 PM »

True. Our best form of defence tomorrow will be attack-McNulty was very poor when I saw him play at Southport last season. Fleetwood have conceded a few goals lately, but Viera up front needs to be taken out of the game for us to have any chance.

docs fleetwood

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2010, 01:05:22 PM »

inbetween that we beat Barrow and played them off the park ,Wrexham said we was the best passing team to of been there this season and everyone was poor at Southport last season. Mcnulty has been quality for us in almost every game this season .Not sure about outplayed against Cambridge although we didnt deserve to win and gave a stupid penalty away.Were still learning at this level but doing ok.So which is best pub to go in for away fans near the ground?are we allowed in clubhouse? cheers

markecky

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2010, 01:15:28 PM »

You are welcome in the clubhouse..access is from the road and next to the main stand before you pay to get in.

Think it opens about 13:30...

Due to segregation, there is no access to the bar at half time.

How many do you think you'll bring?

Are you the type of fans who get behind their own team or will you just hilariously tell us that our ground is sh*t and we're going down for 90 mins?

george

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2010, 02:26:45 PM »

Bar opens every Home game @ 1.00 p.m.

docs fleetwood

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2010, 03:39:42 PM »

You are welcome in the clubhouse..access is from the road and next to the main stand before you pay to get in.

Think it opens about 13:30...

Due to segregation, there is no access to the bar at half time.

How many do you think you'll bring?

Are you the type of fans who get behind their own team or will you just hilariously tell us that our ground is sh*t and we're going down for 90 mins?

150-200 at a guess ,and on the singing front probbaly both .Going down with the Southport might pop up occasionally and cheers for info :)

VofD

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2010, 04:21:59 PM »

Sorry to hijack a Fleetwood thread..

Come on V of D, you are at least going to give him some time as the manager in his own right surely?

I applaud him for having the balls to take it on. 

He could well be on a hiding to nothing but he is willing to give it his best shot. 

His life would have been much easier if he walked away and we appointed Kim Grant or someone.
Mark,
        Of course I am going to give him and his assistant time to see how they perform and they have my support. Anyone is better after Heathcote. I just have a feeling things will not change much on the field under his management regards tactics, and that we are in for a very long slog. I sincerely hope I am proved wrong.

VofD

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2010, 04:24:08 PM »

He obviously is, christ almighty do you ever shut up ???

In that case his post should have read :"In Ken I trust"

george

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2010, 06:20:50 PM »

I HAVE BEEN CHASTISED BY MY WIFE. THE BAR IS OPEN EVERY HOME GAME AT 12.30 NOT 1.00 P.M., AS I POSTED
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team