News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tansey & Turnbull check up...

Author Topic: Tansey & Turnbull check up...  (Read 2355 times)

StockportJack

« on: April 07, 2008, 11:37:05 AM »

Morning Guys

Just checking up on how Tansey & Turnbull are coming along.   I think both are good players,  Tansey is the passing type, whilst Turnbull can tackle.

Read on another thread about Turnbull playing upfront?    He has played in midfield for us this season, though at youth level he was a striker.

Longman

Re: Tansey & Turnbull check up...
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 12:13:24 PM »

They have been fairly good, to be honest I personally don't think they have stood out greatly as 'different class' or anything like that but they are decent additions for us.

I would say i've been more impressed with Turnbull so far (i'm sure he is the smaller one) who seems a little more lively and energetic than Tansey.

pronto

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2008, 12:50:05 PM »

Hi everyone, I'm a new user but have been visiting the site for a while. Just felt I needed to make a comment on this thread. For me Tansey is pure class. He has an eye for a pass and a great first touch. He is full of energy, contrary to what has been said above, he just uses it better. Turnbull is the type of player that just rushes in from the off, but he lacks in the passing department for me. You can definately see, even after two games why big clubs want him. Just can't believe scfc let us have him. You all have to remember he has only played two games for us and already he and Turnbull have made a difference. Tansey is creative and has emense vision, Turnbull isn't the same quality.

altyf

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2008, 04:13:01 PM »

Both look like good players and definitely make a difference in our midfield but I feel like there is more to come from them...first 30 mins against Kiddy, Tansey was immense, and late on in the game I thought Turnbull was the better. I think they could make a real difference against the likes of Burton and Ebbsfleet where we will need something different to get points out of the game.

markecky

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2008, 07:08:47 PM »

Hi everyone, I'm a new user but have been visiting the site for a while. Just felt I needed to make a comment on this thread. For me Tansey is pure class. He has an eye for a pass and a great first touch. He is full of energy, contrary to what has been said above, he just uses it better. Turnbull is the type of player that just rushes in from the off, but he lacks in the passing department for me. You can definately see, even after two games why big clubs want him. Just can't believe scfc let us have him. You all have to remember he has only played two games for us and already he and Turnbull have made a difference. Tansey is creative and has emense vision, Turnbull isn't the same quality.

Thanks for that Mrs Tansey!

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2008, 07:33:41 PM »

Turnbull's passing ahs been excellent.

For me I think we need to work on getting Tansey into the opposition penalty box more. On Saturday it became apparent that he's really good on the ball in a Craney like way.

StockportJack

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2008, 09:05:09 PM »

Used it on an article on my site.

www.stockport.vitalfootball.co.uk

If anyone has any views or anything on them then don't hesitate to e-mail me :)

pronto

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2008, 10:14:01 PM »

Hey, I'm sure his mum is proud of him, but I'm just saying it as I see it! Turnbull can pass a ball but I see him more as a "dogger" in the middle, would love to see him up front. I believe he was great for County youth team in that position, quite a natural finisher by all accounts, just a thought!

Longman

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2008, 10:49:10 PM »

Hey, I'm sure his mum is proud of him, but I'm just saying it as I see it! Turnbull can pass a ball but I see him more as a "dogger" in the middle, would love to see him up front. I believe he was great for County youth team in that position, quite a natural finisher by all accounts, just a thought!

Turnbull is a dogger!?!????

The News Of The World will be running the story in no time!  ;)

pronto

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2008, 11:35:04 PM »

I mean he battles in the middle of the park, you know, he is strong and will always get his head in. I think he wears hisshirtwith a passion!I'm sure there will be something in this reply that you don't like, but I rate both of them as players, just in different ways! I agree that there is alot more to come from both of them and just hope they can help us in a great way.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team