PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Freak results
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Freak results  (Read 4687 times)

Hodgey

Freak results
« on: April 05, 2008, 05:54:43 PM »

Who would have thought Farsley would win away at Torquay and Alty would get a point at Kiddy. It proves trying to predict the results is a load of bollocks. But no matter how much you hate them 10 games unbeaten in the league and 21 points Northwich look certain to stay up.... But who knows???????

Come on Alty its simple, just win every game !

samba

Re: Freak results
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 08:01:09 PM »

That simple? sh*t, someone should have told the players earlier in the season!
;)

joe

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2008, 08:25:49 PM »

I predicted a point for us at Kiddy but certainly didn't expect Farsley to win at Torquay! Colin Lee throwing the game anyone?

louise1925

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2008, 09:40:38 PM »

Torquay did not throw the game - I'm sure they couldn't give a toss about us or Farcely. To be honest, however much we despise them, Farcely have been better than us now for quite some time and should already have beaten us twice this season. It's all a bit of a shame really, because today we played really, really well and at times it was hard to see the difference between the team who were midtable and the one near the bottom. Greg Young was again immense at the heart of the defence and the two Stockport lads worked their socks off in midfield. Colin Little was the best player on the pitch by a mile (though I liked their number 7 too). I thought the starting line up was great, but the substitutions were a bit of a mystery to me. Not one of the three second half changes suggested GH was going for three points and probably sums up our season really. The verbal abuse directed at the lad Lynch for giving away the penalty was unfair in that he had a decent game all in all. However, the travelling support was absolutely fantastic in the main and a real credit to the club - nice to see that the entire squad appreciated it and came over to applaud us at the end. Once again, I though Aggborough was a fabulous venue for football, though I was a bit surprised by the lack of passion on display from the home support - a bit odd given their recent run. Anyway, what do we need now? Three wins from four games to be sure of safety I feel. Burton are struggling at the moment, Ebbsfleet have stopped playing (with other things in mind no doubt), so have Sallisbury. Three wins anyone with a last day draw at Weymouth keeping us up?

jiminlondon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2008, 09:59:39 PM »

absolutely. its pointless to start moaning about other teams now. its about us and once again one cant help feeling that a more positive approach earlier might have changed things

torquay wont go up anyhow, history shows that teams who end the season hanging on rarely do well.

Silkyman23

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2008, 10:18:52 PM »

Who would have thought Farsley would win away at Torquay and Alty would get a point at Kiddy. It proves trying to predict the results is a load of bollocks. But no matter how much you hate them 10 games unbeaten in the league and 21 points Northwich look certain to stay up.... But who knows???????

Speaking of clubs going on impressive runs and leaving relegation worries in their wake.

12th season in the Football League beckons.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2008, 10:59:14 PM »

Hardly setting league 2 on fire!

Go back to sh*gging sheep ;)

markecky

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2008, 12:46:43 AM »

Speaking of clubs going on impressive runs and leaving relegation worries in their wake.

12th season in the Football League beckons.

Have the  Iraqi's come up trumps again?

Or have you had anoher one of your "grants"

Butty

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2008, 09:00:56 AM »

I said not so long ago that we'd need some of these 'freak' results to have a chance of syaying up. The likes of drawing with Torquay and the odd few points here and there against playoff teams.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2008, 09:14:43 AM »

Our recent form has not been too bad, if only is easy to say but a draw at Grays and a win against Crawley at home and where would we be right now?
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Jezza

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2008, 09:58:37 AM »

You could barely split us and farsley with a hair when we played out that 0-0.

In fact I had us down as haing the best of it and looking more likely to score.

I can only imagine farsley have been more aggresisive in going for wins rather than draws since.

UkrainianPhil

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2008, 07:25:28 PM »

Having been to Crawley to see us massacred 6-1 yesterday, it could have been us with relegation worries playing as gutlessly badly as that.

>:(

Altyant

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2008, 09:18:59 PM »

Torquay did not throw the game - I'm sure they couldn't give a toss about us or Farcely. To be honest, however much we despise them, Farcely have been better than us now for quite some time and should already have beaten us twice this season. It's all a bit of a shame really, because today we played really, really well and at times it was hard to see the difference between the team who were midtable and the one near the bottom. Greg Young was again immense at the heart of the defence and the two Stockport lads worked their socks off in midfield. Colin Little was the best player on the pitch by a mile (though I liked their number 7 too). I thought the starting line up was great, but the substitutions were a bit of a mystery to me. Not one of the three second half changes suggested GH was going for three points and probably sums up our season really. The verbal abuse directed at the lad Lynch for giving away the penalty was unfair in that he had a decent game all in all. However, the travelling support was absolutely fantastic in the main and a real credit to the club - nice to see that the entire squad appreciated it and came over to applaud us at the end. Once again, I though Aggborough was a fabulous venue for football, though I was a bit surprised by the lack of passion on display from the home support - a bit odd given their recent run. Anyway, what do we need now? Three wins from four games to be sure of safety I feel. Burton are struggling at the moment, Ebbsfleet have stopped playing (with other things in mind no doubt), so have Sallisbury. Three wins anyone with a last day draw at Weymouth keeping us up?

I have to disagree with you there - we certainly should have beaten them at Throstle Nest

Dougals Dad

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2008, 09:35:06 PM »

Having been to Crawley to see us massacred 6-1 yesterday, it could have been us with relegation worries playing as gutlessly badly as that.

>:(

That result somewhat surprised me! To Crawley of all bloody teams!

louise1925

« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2008, 09:39:09 PM »

I have to admit that I didn't get to the game at their place. By all accounts the early sending off spolied it as a spectacle. The game at our place was pretty terrible, with them stronger early on and us dominating (without seriously threatening) in the second half. Results since our last meeting have certainly been in their favour, but again not much in it. Unfortunately I feel that if we are going to stay up, it will be at Halifax and Weymouth's expense (with a last day drubbing of the latter being the decisive battle). Farsely with their supersized squad will be okay (for now of course).
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Freak results