PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tomorrow's Team...............
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Tomorrow's Team...............  (Read 4241 times)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Tomorrow's Team...............
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2008, 12:46:04 AM »

The Torquay goal came from Lynch f**king about at left back trying to dribble it out and losing posession for the 3rd tiome in 2 minutes. Don't think you can really blame Tinson for a last gasp effort to keep the ball out.

Don't suppose you noticed which one of our defenders earned us a point by throwing his body and soul in front of the ball as Torquay were about to score from 6 yards in the last minute? Threw his body on the line for us THAT'S REAL DEFENDING!!

Any ideas? (give you a clue he's old, slow and sh*t apparently)

louise1925

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2008, 09:28:53 AM »

Tinno (like the rest of the lads) was superb against Torquay last week. Anyone failing to acknowledge this harbours their own agenda I think. Indeed, the effort they all put in has encouraged me to travel to Kiddy today.
My team would be: Coburn, Shotton, Lynch, Tinson, Young, Turnbull, Tansey, Lawton, Peyton, O'Neil, Little
Subs: Senior, Roca, Battersby, Lane, Acton
Val didn't look fit at all and so I'd be a bit more positive and play Joe from the start. Senior and Roca can be brought on to run at the Kiddy defence if needed later in the game. Well that's what I'd do anyway!

Narcissist

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2008, 09:57:02 AM »

And yet more proof that ref's actually despite knowing the rules of football, know absolutely nothing about the game itself!

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2008, 10:34:32 AM »

And yet more proof that ref's actually despite knowing the rules of football, know absolutely nothing about the game itself!

Actually Narcissist, they're Laws not rules but hey why split hairs.

I'm not saying that he didn't throw his body in the way of something last Saturday...it was, in my view possibly his best game for us but he has regularly  cost us goals this season and I wonder whether I am actually being any more unreasonable or having any more of a personal agenda than those who persistently speak up FOR Tinson and AGAINST Warren Peyton?

Discuss!

Narcissist

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2008, 10:54:25 AM »

And yet even more proof that to be a ref, you dont just need to know the rules of football (and their correct term), but you also have to be lacking a sense of humour and any real evidence of personality.

People do have it in for other players too. Its not very nice of them but I'm sure nobody takes it all too personally do they ATS?

Butty

« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2008, 11:28:05 AM »

I kind of agree with ATS here. Not entirely, but a bit. If you look at it this season, most of our conceded goals have come in 5 minute spells where we have just had a lapse in concentration. We saw on of these (not saying it is only him all season) last weekend from Tinson. Stu called for a low cross on the 6 yard box, and Tinson got in the way and deflected it into the side netting. As a keeper myself, I've had them go in. From the resulting corner, Tinson horribly miscued his clearing header and almost put it in our top corner. It's lapses like these that have cost us this season. Not saying it has been Tinson all season but against Torquay, immense as he was for the game as a whole, that 2 minutes he just switched off and it nearly cost us.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2008, 11:52:08 AM »

You've just decribed instances where a cross was cut out and a corner headed away?

To be honest, I think our defensive record has been down the lack of protection they've had from midfield. Thinking back to the Halifax game runners were flying through from midfield.

Nantwichs 3rd on tuesday, possession lost by CHris Senior on the halfway line (with a suspicion of a foul), they just ran straight through us. The defenders held Suhaj up but nobody pressured his topuch and eventually he turned and shot.

Actually, when you've conceded as many goals as we have it's generally down to all 4 departments of the team not doing their job to  be fair.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tomorrow's Team...............