PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Squad next year
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Squad next year  (Read 9318 times)

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Squad next year
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2008, 09:17:23 PM »

Love him or hate him, he is here to stay. GH will not leave alty and even if he does want to, the Board will not let him.

But, surely, if he truly wanted to resign (for whatever reason) and was totally adamant that he was going, he could just walk away regardless of the Board's wishes?

Whenever I have resigned from a job, I haven't had to ask my present employer's permission to leave.

I wasn't aware that managing Alty was a compulsory life sentence!

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Butty

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2008, 09:19:05 PM »

Do you remember after last season when he offered his resignation and Geoff simply said "No"? That's what i meant.

Jenga

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2008, 09:26:03 PM »

Do you remember after last season when he offered his resignation and Geoff simply said "No"? That's what i meant.

I think that was really looking for a vote of confidence to be honest.

le bignose

« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2008, 09:31:10 PM »

Love him or hate him, he is here to stay. GH will not leave alty and even if he does want to, the Board will not let him.

But, surely, if he truly wanted to resign (for whatever reason) and was totally adamant that he was going, he could just walk away regardless of the Board's wishes?

Whenever I have resigned from a job, I haven't had to ask my present employer's permission to leave.

I wasn't aware that managing Alty was a compulsory life sentence!

supporting them is a life sentence though !!  ;)

I know what you mean but alot of me thinks the times GH has suggested he is willing to walk is purely to make sure he has the backing of the board rather than him actually wanting to go if your with me!!

Its normally at a low time, obviously, when he feels the strain and the strain from the fans, and its more of a boost for him. Why would you say ''right Board, im prepared to go, can i???'' .............. what does that say about GH. For me its like either your committed to the job or asking the board if they want to relieve him of his post he has doubts himself ...........

You read all the time about prem manager etc, saying im not going anywhere, i have a contract, and i want to succeeed. Where as i feel we have a manager who always walks to the board to say im willing to leave if you want me too!! Thats not a good thing is it ..........
« Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 09:33:05 PM by le bignose »

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2008, 09:48:23 PM »

Whatever you think about GH,he is our manager until the end of the season at least. I know what I want to happen in the summer,but I don't want to say, because between now and the end of the season, it's all about supporting the manager and the team. We have 5 cup finals, in which we need the spirit of 2005.We won't have to rely on others if we win all 5 of our games,as 51pts will surely do it (I know its highly unlikely,but not impossible)

Forget whatever grudges you may hold against GH and lets attempt to stay up.Then we can talk about the managements future.
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

le bignose

« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2008, 09:59:59 PM »

Whatever you think about GH,he is our manager until the end of the season at least. I know what I want to happen in the summer,but I don't want to say, because between now and the end of the season, it's all about supporting the manager and the team. We have 5 cup finals, in which we need the spirit of 2005.We won't have to rely on others if we win all 5 of our games,as 51pts will surely do it (I know its highly unlikely,but not impossible)

Forget whatever grudges you may hold against GH and lets attempt to stay up.Then we can talk about the managements future.

Totally agree!! ps i think i know what your thinking ............. but you wont say YET!! Its a bit obvious haha!  ;)

Whatever happens from now till the last game i think every Alty fan, and even VofD, will and should be right behind GH and the whole squad. We got a chance to survive again and until we know our fate by the final whistle of the last game, if it goes that far, then we can start debating about the future of players and staff.

Personal thoughts and grudges dont me sh*t now ................ its about suvival in this league! A league we are more than capable than competing in !

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2008, 11:50:58 PM »

served the club fantastically well but there comes a time when players aren't quite up to it anymore

As a general point, and not having a go at anyone in particular, should the same (as highlighted above) not also apply to managers?

To be fair Joe, I think the advice given to VoD which I understand to be something along the lines of go forth and multiply is referring to this sentence which made me laugh.

As a general point, and not having a go at anyone in particular, should the same (as highlighted above) not also apply to managers?

So not having a go at anyone in particular but should it not apply to managers as well...we only have one manager...but not particularly them??

I'm not saying you should be shouted down for suggesting if GH has come to a natural end, I mean I really don't know perhaps he has or hasn't whatever and it's a forum for you to say such things if you wish.

But, perhaps just sya that's what you were getting at eh!

VofD

« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2008, 03:12:22 PM »

f**k off VofD we get your point but it is now becoming tiresome

Bit harsh on VofD i think. Everyone is entitled to an opinion without getting told to f**k off and i agree with his opinion on this one.

Thanks, joe.

Narcissist

« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2008, 04:06:10 PM »

We need to stay up this year because regardless of who is the manager next season it will be difficult. Id rather it was difficult in the BSP than BSN.

I think if we end up in BSN it will be hard to get promoted again in a hurry, at least if we can stay up we can plan for a better playing squad due to increased budget from attendance etc. I also think we will be relying on loans more in the future and its clear that even some championship clubs see the BSP as a good level blood their youngsters, I doubt the same could be said for the BSN.

My worry is that in the BSN we just wont be able to get decent players through the door.

Im even more nervous now, wish I hadnt thought about all that.

Bon weekend everyone. Make some noise at Kiddy, get right behind the lads and GH. We need it more than ever!!!

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2008, 09:57:08 PM »

VofD
whenever i'm down
whenever i'm lonely
whenever I need a laugh..

I find your posts and chuckle...

I'm sure if you could get away with it you'd sniper Heathcote !!  ;D

Dougals Dad

« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2008, 10:06:00 PM »

VofD
whenever i'm down
whenever i'm lonely

I think we have a Jeckyl & Hyde (United) situation.

VoD is a mild mannered man who was living a perfectly normal life until an accident in his lab released an unidentified form of radiation. At times of football this made the gentleman VoD turn into his evil alter-ego Heathcote.
Alas, VoD resents the existance of this powerful dark side of his personality and is still finding ways to rid himself of this monster........

Hence the posts on here!

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2008, 10:09:13 PM »

Are we due to change the away strip next year too ? anyone know ?

Hamilton

« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2008, 10:59:16 PM »

VofD
whenever i'm down
whenever i'm lonely

VoD is a mild mannered man who was living a perfectly normal life until an accident in his lab released an unidentified form of radiation. At times of football this made the gentleman VoD turn into his evil alter-ego Heathcote.
Alas, VoD resents the existance of this powerful dark side of his personality and is still finding ways to rid himself of this monster........

Hence the posts on here!

Fnar fnar

VofD

« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2008, 11:54:51 AM »

VofD
whenever i'm down
whenever i'm lonely

Hence the posts on here!

You know what, I think you might be right!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pass it, pass it. Stop the cross, stop the cross. Second ball, second ball ;) ;)

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2008, 03:10:47 PM »

Are we due to change the away strip next year too ? anyone know ?

Yes, we use each strip for two seasons.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Squad next year