PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Rotherham to go into admin?
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Rotherham to go into admin?  (Read 4140 times)

matnvfcmad

Re: Rotherham to go into admin?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2008, 03:38:32 PM »

see teams are going into admin we might stay up you never know ;)

altyf

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2008, 03:39:41 PM »

Bloody hell, is it just me or was that completely out of the blue...does this mean we may be able to sign King and Cahill?

markecky

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2008, 03:51:30 PM »

They are having a player car boot sale next week..£1 each or 5 for £2

We shouldn't mock....our friendly Rotherham/Alty fan on here must be a bit worried.

matnvfcmad

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2008, 03:54:09 PM »

yes he will be very worried not very nice and i should know  :D

chrisrufc

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2008, 06:49:53 PM »

As far as I see it and most Rotherham fans see it at the moment it's all over and we just want a quick death of our football club now so we can start fresh in the NECL or wherever.  The chairman has said we need investors to save the club but realistically how many people out there are willing to bankroll a League Two side who are paying out 16k a month rent and have one of the higher wage bills in the league.  Morecambe away is looking like it could be the last game but could be prolonged for a few weeks after that depending on how the administrator feels after officially being appointed in 6 weeks time.

matnvfcmad

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2008, 07:07:01 PM »

As far as I see it and most Rotherham fans see it at the moment it's all over and we just want a quick death of our football club now so we can start fresh in the NECL or wherever.  The chairman has said we need investors to save the club but realistically how many people out there are willing to bankroll a League Two side who are paying out 16k a month rent and have one of the higher wage bills in the league.  Morecambe away is looking like it could be the last game but could be prolonged for a few weeks after that depending on how the administrator feels after officially being appointed in 6 weeks time.
[/quote

i thought i had seen my last vics game but we are still here ;D thanks to Jim Rushe and Nick Bone i am sure that somebody will come in for a big for your club

chrisrufc

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2008, 07:14:26 PM »

ta mate....we shall see

JT

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2008, 07:16:33 PM »

Serious question .. what does this mean for King and Cahill? do we have any chance of being able to sign them permanently?

chrisrufc

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2008, 07:47:41 PM »

Not a clue but it wouldn't hurt Alty to ask the question (if there is enough money for wages of course)

JT

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2008, 08:10:44 PM »

Certainly.  I think that they have both been cracking additions to our team and even if its just one of them on a permamnent deal i would be over the moon

baldrick

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2008, 08:27:22 PM »

I thought Rotherham went into administration two years ago, which is why they were relegated. Surely there must be a limit on how many times a club can do this before they are forced to close.

chrisrufc

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2008, 08:35:45 PM »

Technically we didn't but as far as the FA rules are concerned a CVA counts as administration.

Alty365

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2008, 08:48:09 PM »

Serious question .. what does this mean for King and Cahill? do we have any chance of being able to sign them permanently?

Would depend on whether they are prepared to go part time I suppose. There is a strong chance they would want to try and fulfil their ambitions of playing professionally but the same was said of Chris Senior last year and he joined the cause. The experience that Senior has had at Alty could be a good way of selling part time footy to the likes of King and Cahill. Only time will tell. Would also be hugely dependant on whether we stay up or not.

Altyant

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2008, 09:00:36 PM »

Would depend on whether they are prepared to go part time I suppose. There is a strong chance they would want to try and fulfil their ambitions of playing professionally but the same was said of Chris Senior last year and he joined the cause. The experience that Senior has had at Alty could be a good way of selling part time footy to the likes of King and Cahill. Only time will tell. Would also be hugely dependant on whether we stay up or not.

I did read in the Rushden programme, that Cahill was studying a law degree. Anyone (Chris?!) know if this is correct?

If he wanted to complete the degree/take up a job in law playing for us part-time could appeal.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Rotherham to go into admin?