PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Graham leaves me on the brink
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Graham leaves me on the brink  (Read 4269 times)

James Black

Re: Graham leaves me on the brink
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2008, 10:31:12 PM »

well a good friend of mine said there was an arguement when they came together between graham and chris

P.S Ant you really don't believe me at the min do you

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2008, 11:17:09 PM »

There is more too the team than one player, however |I hope they clear it up.

If not we need to rally round

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2008, 12:10:07 AM »

I think thepeople have made their frustrations known now.

On Tuesday I want ot hear plenty of support for the team, al the players. You don't need to sing the Graham Heathcote song if you don't too.

There's no/less need now really to make the atmosphere as unpleasant as it was on Saturday. I'm hoping that the emotion in the ground is channeled into supporting the team as it was between the 70-th -88th minutes on Saturday.

Jezza

« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2008, 04:38:57 AM »

Chris Denham agreed to join Alty as a part time player.

For me he has fulfilled his side of any agreement and played to his potential....his effort has been obvious.

He has every right to refuse to train extra nights than what was agreed when he joined.

He maybe could have explained this to the 'cote in a more reasoning way.

A brilliant man mager may have cajoled him into it with an arm round the shoulder and a "I know you've been one of our best and don't need it but this could make you a better player" type persuasion.

Maybe Chris has read the comments the 'cote made publicly which were pretty insulting to unnamed players and taken the hump believing it to be about him.

No man is bigger than the club....that includes Chris Denham....but it also includes Graham Heathcote.

The extra training is a good idea....but it has to be with the players full agreement as Robbie Lawton commendably gave.

If my boss wanted everyone in for Saturday morning unpaid training sessions but I felt I didn't need it coz I was pulling my weight I'd refuse but explain why...if I was forced I'd leave.....which would leave the company one person pulling their weight short....which defeats the end object of the whole excercise and would mean everyone would have to work harder to make up my shortfall.

Longman

« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2008, 12:01:30 PM »

All I'll say on the matter is I sincerely hope Denham gets back in the team and playing again, I do not want to see him leave Altrincham!

Alty Phil

« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2008, 08:08:34 PM »

We NEED Chris Denham in the team. If training Friday is outside of his contract terms, then he shouldn't be forced to, but as we all seem to have worked out, maybe he didn't say this in the most tactful way, and clearly GH has taken 'the hump'.

He (GH) needs to swallow his pride and get Denham on the pitch, because he's by far our best/most direct/sharpest etc. attacking option
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Graham leaves me on the brink