News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Saturday

Author Topic: Saturday  (Read 2014 times)

Wall FC

Saturday
« on: November 07, 2007, 03:18:25 PM »

I'm very surprised about all this "hype" concerning Sat and that it  has extended to the point where Tesco's are planning on closing for the day, more surprised you guys don't enjoy the delights of "Waitrose" or "M&S" but that's another thread.
I'm afraid with the exception of tesco's extra police, pubs closing etc this is no "new" addition to our away days, but we are in 2007 not 1970's/80's and  I feel the OB do not help these situations. 

Anyway Two quick questions:

- Any pub near the ground even contemplating housing a haay and if were lucky even Statto!ndful of Millwall fans for a few OJ/lemonades before the game. us southeners cant drink too much!!!  or indeed where are you guys going as we all don't have to be tarred with the "football Hooligan" connotations that unfortunately follow us around us here at Millwall. God forbid Alty and Millwall fans have a laugh together before the game in the same pub, I bet that would'nt be on the front of any national/local papers.

We are planning a night out in MCR any good tips?

Cheers everyone look forward to seeing your ground and you all on Saturday and hopefully even statto!

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Saturday
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2007, 03:24:00 PM »

The scaremongers have really put a dampener on this game, its just ridiculous!

I bet there are plenty of pubs that won’t shut in the area just use your own discretion and you will be fine, have a good trip.

le bignose

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2007, 03:41:57 PM »

they cetainly have and i havent forgotten where the first thread came from which started the threads about their fans, it read  "for all millwall fans we dont have a firm, or lads, and we have one stone island coat between us"!!! it carried on from there!!! Pity for everyone involved with both clubs for footballing reasons as this should be an exciting day out. And it still will be for a lot of us. Looking forward to seeing the lions grace Alty!!

markecky

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2007, 04:01:42 PM »

they cetainly have and i havent forgotten where the first thread came from which started the threads about their fans, it read  "for all millwall fans we dont have a firm, or lads, and we have one stone island coat between us"!!! it carried on from there!!! Pity for everyone involved with both clubs for footballing reasons as this should be an exciting day out. And it still will be for a lot of us. Looking forward to seeing the lions grace Alty!!

Excuse me?

I posted that thread as you well know.  It was half joking and half making an actual point.

Don't you think the first thing that some Millwall "lads" will have done would be to find this forum to see if we had a "firm" or anyone who may have been "up for it".  This forum could have been full of fighting talk for all they knew of what we were going to do to them etc.  I posted it to tell them we have no people like that at all.  If they have read it for a week they will now definitely know we have no trouble element.

Whats the first thing that anyone says to you at work, in the pub or anywhere, when you say "we've got Millwall in the cup".  From my experience they go "oh dear, that terrible for you" and recall a load of stereotypes.

I have spent the week on this forum trying to play down any trouble, often editing posts and pm'ing people as to why, to prevent anyone being put off coming.

I may be being a little sensitive here but that post has really f**cking upset me.  Are you seriously claiming that all the other posts over the last two weeks stemmed from my thread?  That no-one knew Millwall had an element before I posted a thread?

« Last Edit: November 07, 2007, 04:05:43 PM by markecky »

Alex

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2007, 04:03:42 PM »

i'm sure you will find sumwhere to drink and have a chat with alty fans, most of the stuff being said on here is thinking the worst and hopeing for the best, i for one am looking forward to sharing a bit of banter with your fans. ofcourse every club has it's idiots who give the majority a bad name and this game's bad hype might attract a few 16 year old segragation warriors but i say ignor them and make them out to be the tit's they are. wall fc i have sent u a pm if you could read it and get back to me would be apreciated.

le bignose

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2007, 04:08:52 PM »

WOW WOW!! a "little" sensitrive!!!!! not a personal dig but many a thread has arisen from it, but not peronal on slaught to you or any further threads made. Its just the general hype has been so f*cking rediculaous millwall fans must think what are we like!! so apologise markecky, please accept. But just sick of the ever depressing threads of how millwall fans might be and how people are reacting to it !! i mean .......... does anyone remember that there's a football match to be played here!! Thats my rant over, and Ecky nothing personal towards you!! so as a quote from Lock, Stock and two smoking Barrells go ........ "chill Winston"!!!!

teasybeaver

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2007, 04:25:59 PM »

WOW WOW!! a "little" sensitrive!!!!! not a personal dig but many a thread has arisen from it, but not peronal on slaught to you or any further threads made. Its just the general hype has been so f*cking rediculaous millwall fans must think what are we like!! so apologise markecky, please accept. But just sick of the ever depressing threads of how millwall fans might be and how people are reacting to it !! i mean .......... does anyone remember that there's a football match to be played here!! Thats my rant over, and Ecky nothing personal towards you!! so as a quote from Lock, Stock and two smoking Barrells go ........ "chill Winston"!!!!

Please use paragraphs, its easier to digest.

In all fairness the whole thing has just become a farce, I actually agree with Baldrick here that the police make a rod for their own back. If you call people hooligans enough times they'll eventually just give in an turn you over then the vicious circle begins. I thought this clubs fans would know better and I was right, the rest of the town though is just clueless, embarrasingly clueless. Do we just typecast everyone by what the tabloids say these days??

I thought Ecky's post was quite funny and I kind of thought the whole affair would be treated with a pinch of salt, in the same way.

If we win on Saturday it will be a great day, that should be the only thing being talked about on here now

le bignose

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2007, 04:31:56 PM »

sorry i didnt use them. Rushing about at work while moonlighting on here!!!

I will next time.

Totally agree that we should all be talking about the game now. why carry on about the behavious of fans!!

Parargraphs are good. Ive noticed lots of people get a ticking off on here for the failure to use the correct punctuation and correct grammar.

I blame the government and lack of quality comprehesives. Now come on alty!! we'll have them!

Jacko

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2007, 05:01:57 PM »

surely the best forum for grammer ive seen, not being funny but have you been on any of the others!!!
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Saturday