News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Shaun Constable Interview..

Author Topic: Shaun Constable Interview..  (Read 3727 times)

markecky2

« on: July 27, 2017, 11:01:15 PM »

Fans of a certain age will remember Shaun as being the scorer of what is still the only goal I have seen ever disallowed for a foul throw. Oh and at White Hart Lane of all places in 1995 on that cracking day out.

Now doing pretty well in Norway...

http://www.lifeinnorway.net/shaun-constable-sandefjord-football/

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Shaun Constable Interview..
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2017, 08:10:50 AM »

ParkINson's red and white army

old alty fan

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2017, 05:31:02 PM »

Fond memories,proud to say I was one of the two thousand that made

The journey down South,Remember after that goal,two Alty fans were thrown out

Of the ground for making gestures to the spurs fans ( I mean really  a bit of banter)

Any how great memories I hope to see another cup run like that one day.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2017, 06:40:00 PM »

Andy  .... why can't I remember his surname? .... did have a rather unusual technique with his long throws where one leg would be out behind him with the toes pointed back, and as he launched the ball his toe would come of the ground as part of his follow through, but he timed it so the ball would have gone before the toe came up. Either he got it wrong on the day, or the linesman misunderstood what he was trying to do.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2017, 06:41:19 PM »

Andy Reid.
Come on Alty!

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2017, 07:46:15 PM »

Spoke to him on Twitter a few months ago, thoroughly decent chap. Still can't believe that goal at WHL. Was cheering and celebrating for a eternity. Seem to recall someone saying Francis was berating the liner at the time.

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2017, 08:59:12 PM »

I thought it was Heesom with the foul throw. My pickled old brain!

Once had a conversation with Ecky where he was saying one of his greatest regrets in life was seeing the flag up before the goal. I didn't and will forever more cherish the feeling of Alty scoring at white hart lane.

Great day that. I had bezza on the coach home. He sparked up a reefer the size of a baseball bat and nobody complained.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2017, 10:08:36 PM »

Once had a conversation with Ecky where he was saying one of his greatest regrets in life was seeing the flag up before the goal. I didn't and will forever more cherish the feeling of Alty scoring at white hart lane.

Great day that. I had bezza on the coach home. He sparked up a reefer the size of a baseball bat and nobody complained.

I also saw the flag early so didn't get to celebrate that 'goal'. I still look for a flag now before I celebrate a goal!

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2017, 10:24:39 PM »

https://youtu.be/vTD312L6gic

You forget some of the players that played for Spurs that day! It wasn't like now when Premier League clubs play loads of kids against a non league team. Teddy Sheringham,Jurgen Klinsmann,Darren Anderton,Sol Campbell,Ian Walker!

markecky2

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2017, 10:44:04 PM »

Spot on mate.

I saw it and missed out on such a good 30 seconds! My memory was just trying to lessen the impact for people but no one was listening to me.  I just kept shouting "he' flagging, he's flagging" but some people were about three rows down from where they started just crowd surfing, people were just going mental, arms were everywhere. Of course they would have won but our goal just at the time when we had a good little spell.

Gerry Francis said in an interview after that he wanted to superglue the liners arm up to make sure he didn't change his mind.

You'll still not beat us all rocking up in Tottenhams main pub though, the one that no away fan had been in ever but we just went in because it was near the ground.  The look on their faces would have made Danny Dyer wince, they soon realised we were a friendly bunch and were utterly bemused by us.

Or finding out the draw in 42nd Street and chanting in a massive circle on the dancefloor again to the bemusement of a load of students in paisley tops.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2017, 10:46:02 PM »

I posted an imposters upload link on not mine !

https://youtu.be/R979neB8YeE

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2017, 10:46:47 PM »

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2017, 10:51:43 PM »

Simply the best better than all the rest

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2017, 07:18:43 AM »

Spot on mate.

I saw it and missed out on such a good 30 seconds! My memory was just trying to lessen the impact for people but no one was listening to me.  I just kept shouting "he' flagging, he's flagging" but some people were about three rows down from where they started just crowd surfing, people were just going mental, arms were everywhere. Of course they would have won but our goal just at the time when we had a good little spell.

Gerry Francis said in an interview after that he wanted to superglue the liners arm up to make sure he didn't change his mind.

You'll still not beat us all rocking up in Tottenhams main pub though, the one that no away fan had been in ever but we just went in because it was near the ground.  The look on their faces would have made Danny Dyer wince, they soon realised we were a friendly bunch and were utterly bemused by us.

Or finding out the draw in 42nd Street and chanting in a massive circle on the dancefloor again to the bemusement of a load of students in paisley tops.

That pub,Jesus!! Wayno has a pic of us all in there somewhere in his collection. The Spurs lads thought we were ok when we started singing 'Cantona eats garlic,Giggs is f**kin queer,we are Alty FC,we're only after beer'
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team