Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Can't think why we're mentioned in this NLP feature!

Author Topic: Can't think why we're mentioned in this NLP feature!  (Read 2855 times)

Hamilton

Re: Can't think why we're mentioned in this NLP feature!
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 06:37:44 PM »

and a Northwichian seems to have an opinion that would possibly have helped his local team!

"So what of the alternatives? Doug Jones was one of many who argued: “A play off between team who would be spared relegation and team who would go up,” would be the fairest way. Andrew Simpson, a writer with the Northwich Guardian, agrees:“I would always be in favour of rewarding success, rather than reprieving failure.”"

taxi Phil

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 09:28:27 PM »

Personally I prefer to reward good housekeeping rather than cheating.

York Alty

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 11:02:31 PM »

and a Northwichian seems to have an opinion that would possibly have helped his local team!

"So what of the alternatives? Doug Jones was one of many who argued: “A play off between team who would be spared relegation and team who would go up,” would be the fairest way. Andrew Simpson, a writer with the Northwich Guardian, agrees:“I would always be in favour of rewarding success, rather than reprieving failure.”"

from memory that's how the very early play offs worked, I would support that should it be re-introduced.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2012, 07:17:20 PM »

from memory that's how the very early play offs worked, I would support that should it be re-introduced.

And I think that got binned after Middlesborough won at Stamford Bridge to get promoted and in the process relegate Chelsea. And there was aggro. Lots of it. As you can imagine.

Anyway I think the police and authorities on reflection decided that it opened up the possibilities of severe disruption and aggravation to have teams potentially relegated.

Certainly at that level though. I was in a Chorley side that beat Gateshead in Unibond play offs in 2003 and relegated them to the Unibond. Not sure what ever happened to them, probably stuck in the Northern League now or something. So it may still go on in non league.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Can't think why we're mentioned in this NLP feature!