PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Carlos Logan ??
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Carlos Logan ??  (Read 6900 times)

Hodgey

Carlos Logan ??
« on: January 25, 2008, 05:47:05 PM »

Whatever happened to Carlos Logan. Since him being named as a sub and then being replaced against Kidderminster Ive not seen him. Am I missing something, was he on the bench at Oxford or York? . I liked him, he was someone you could throw on to win a game.

Heathcote

Youve lost that Logan feelin, ohh ohhh that Logan feeeling
Weve lost that Logan feeling,
Now its Gone... Gone ... Gone
and I cant go on....
No oh no oh no
duurrr duh durrr duh durrr duh........

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Carlos Logan ??
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2008, 05:52:27 PM »

Whatever happened to Carlos Logan. Since him being named as a sub and then being replaced against Kidderminster Ive not seen him. Am I missing something, was he on the bench at Oxford or York? . I liked him, he was someone you could throw on to win a game.

Or, in the case of the match against Histon at Moss Lane, someone you could throw on to lose a game....!
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Hodgey

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2008, 06:00:27 PM »

Its a shame really because I reckon that is what he will always be remembered for, but I still enjoyed his cameo apperances when he did play and wonder what would have happened if he did get an extended run in the team? 

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2008, 06:22:03 PM »

Its a shame really because I reckon that is what he will always be remembered for, but I still enjoyed his cameo apperances when he did play and wonder what would have happened if he did get an extended run in the team? 

I've heard a rumour that Carlos has left the building.

If this is true, he's probably destined to be remembered as one of those players who promised a lot but who failed to deliver.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2008, 06:28:03 PM »

never got a chance to deliver ......

Hodgey

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2008, 06:29:58 PM »

Here Here !

starjammer

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2008, 08:20:26 PM »

Here Here !
Absolutely! Never got the chance to show what he could do
weird how people like Cult want to  bring up his mistake at Histon at every opportunity, when there are other players that make mistakes, and big ones at that, that we're willing to forget about. Plus we have players that "give 100%" that will never have the skill to beat a man (useful skill to have!) and read the game like a dyslexic, that can't do a thing wrong!
I said a long time ago that Carlos Logan would be made a scapegoat, and am dissapointed, but not surprised that this has proved to be the case.
Against York, we had an attacking move where we got a cross in from the left, late in the game - the guy next to me said "if there's no one there we won't score" - amazing, 'cos I thought I was the only one who had figured that out!
If Logan has indeed gone, he was a wasted talent. Seems to me like his face didn't fit somehow
Good luck to him!

Hodgey

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2008, 10:43:35 PM »

Can someone confirm if he has gone, because it is a massive loss now we have 3 to 4 men in the box when we attack.  He added another option and still could be a valuable member of the squad in my eyes

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2008, 10:52:08 PM »

Here Here !
Absolutely! Never got the chance to show what he could do
weird how people like Cult want to  bring up his mistake at Histon at every opportunity, when there are other players that make mistakes, and big ones at that, that we're willing to forget about. Plus we have players that "give 100%" that will never have the skill to beat a man (useful skill to have!) and read the game like a dyslexic, that can't do a thing wrong!
I said a long time ago that Carlos Logan would be made a scapegoat, and am dissapointed, but not surprised that this has proved to be the case.
Against York, we had an attacking move where we got a cross in from the left, late in the game - the guy next to me said "if there's no one there we won't score" - amazing, 'cos I thought I was the only one who had figured that out!
If Logan has indeed gone, he was a wasted talent. Seems to me like his face didn't fit somehow
Good luck to him!

spot on.

Cornerflag

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2008, 11:03:58 PM »

Can someone confirm if he has gone, because it is a massive loss now we have 3 to 4 men in the box when we attack.  He added another option and still could be a valuable member of the squad in my eyes

I think it's fair to say that if he had gone it would have got a mention in tonight's update on the main site!!

;)

Unemployed Coalminer

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2008, 11:00:54 AM »

Sorry but Carlos had lots of chances and he didn't deliver. He gave us a number of Jamie Phoenix moments (but fortunately without the petulance) but no end result. Loved the way he turned defenders though.

JT

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2008, 01:01:12 PM »

He was sitting in the stand against York with his alty tracksuit on..thats the last i saw or heard of him, so i'm guessing he is still our player at the moment  :-\

louise1925

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2008, 02:15:48 PM »

It would at least be interesting to see how Carlos would do in the team we have now.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2008, 02:40:44 PM »

Well, he's not made it onto today's bench in a quite defensive bench

Hodgey

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2008, 05:08:52 PM »

Wheres are Logon gone ..... wheres are Logon gone??
Wheres are Logon gone ..... wheres are Logon gone??
Far far away ?
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Carlos Logan ??