PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Moyo gogo
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Moyo gogo  (Read 4237 times)

Dougals Dad

Moyo gogo
« on: March 19, 2010, 10:16:58 AM »

I see from the main site that Clive has asked to leave and has declined the chance to become a legend.

I don't know if this is a fiendish plan to go to FCUM or Barrow, but it is a shame when players do not have the patience or attitute to work towards geting first team football rather than trying to get it elsewhere at the first oportunity.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Moyo gogo
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2010, 10:22:55 AM »

He didn't seem to want to develop the 'Alty Attitude' the the present squad have grown between them.

A bit surprising really as we are likely to be playing at the highest standard he can aspire to. I never thought I'd see an ex- Rochdale big-time charlie!
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

markecky

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2010, 10:23:35 AM »

I believe he bought the York DVD which showed him unsure of where to run or how to control the ball and resigned on the spot.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2010, 10:37:30 AM »

I think this simple statement on the club website, sums up Clive's time at Altrincham

Clive Moyo-Modise (right) has asked to be released from Altrincham FC to seek regular first-team football elsewhere and the Club has agreed to this.

We barely have enough fit players to fill the subs bench but yes, you may leave.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2010, 10:40:01 AM »

I think this simple statement on the club website, sums up Clive's time at Altrincham

Clive Moyo-Modise (right) has asked to be released from Altrincham FC to seek regular first-team football elsewhere and the Club has agreed to this.

We barely have enough fit players to fill the subs bench but yes, you may leave.

Indeed, GH won't put up with someone who hasn't got the right attitude

ArmchairAlty

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2010, 10:42:18 AM »

Agree with all of this, no real loss, an opportunity missed for him I feel.

Jezza

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2010, 11:26:53 AM »

Wonder if he asked the 'cote wether he'd get a decent run in our run in....which i think he may have had which would have been an ideal opportunity for him to stake a claim for a first team place or put himself in the shop window.

One just has to look at chris senior or Nicky Clee to see how patience at not being a first team regular all the time can be the way to go....wait for your chance and sieze it.

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2010, 11:27:33 AM »

Just watch him turn up at Stalybridge and form a 40-goals-a-season partnership with Joe. Or something.
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

Narcissist

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2010, 12:21:03 PM »

One just has to look at chris senior or Nicky Clee to see how patience at not being a first team regular all the time can be the way to go....wait for your chance and sieze it.

Spot on.

Clee deserves huge amount of praise. He has gone from being a player who cut opinions to say the least to the most consistently praised player on the forum alongside Youngy. What an absolute personification of this clubs spirit he is!

As for Clive, he's probably sending out youtube links to FSCUM as we speak.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2010, 12:41:11 PM »

There is no finer example than Rob Williams of how patience and honest endeavour can pay dividends.
Come on Alty!

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2010, 12:43:50 PM »

Just watch him turn up at Stalybridge and form a 40-goals-a-season partnership with Joe. Or something.

There is more chance of Droylsden winning the Champions League!   :D
Come on Alty!

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2010, 12:58:04 PM »

I don't believe for a minute that we have released him purely because of his 'attitude'!

I suspect it may have more to do with the fact that his performances were so abysmal that he even made Wayne Entwistle look like Gerd Muller.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2010, 01:25:22 PM »

maybe free up a bit of cash for a loan player ?

JonnyKeen

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2010, 01:39:43 PM »

No great loss, maybe now we can sign someone else with the money that's been freed up.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2010, 02:55:05 PM »

I don't believe for a minute that we have released him purely because of his 'attitude'!

I suspect it may have more to do with the fact that his performances were so abysmal that he even made Wayne Entwistle look like Gerd Muller.

Correct. It is also a bit odd to compare him leaving fairly quickly with Clee and Williams. Niky and Robbie are both good players (and had decent seasons with Hyde and TNS to back it up). Moyo patently was not. Worth a look at for his pace but come on, a few of us commented on saturday that we definately wouldn't be seeing him next season and pleased about it.
Alas, I don't think him leaving will free up much money at all, I suspect he was a very cheap option
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Moyo gogo