PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Fantastic performance
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Fantastic performance  (Read 5842 times)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Fantastic performance
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2010, 10:01:46 AM »

What a thouroughly enjoyable performance. Those who stayed away missed a good game of football, there loss. I'm already looking forward to next season and we haven't finished this one yet. I hope we can find the resources to sign Ryan Brown, I also hope Carden stays. Nicky Clee just gets better and better. The 10 minutes before halftime were immense, not forgetting this is a team who are 5th and just had a good result at Oxford !

Also enjoyed the banter with Nathan Abbey, one of the things i love about football.

I think with the pressure off we have a few surprises up our sleeves against the likes of Oxford/ Stevenage...

Don't say THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think you're right though. Last night was a fabulous team performance and I was genuines surprised and pleased with the lads who have come in - and who I didn't expect that much from. Just shows how astute the management team is here!

Come on you Supers!
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

ArmchairAlty

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2010, 11:36:08 AM »

dino is magic,he wears a magic hat

clee was excellent...most improved player this season. carden, brown, young,williams and doran very good.  mckenna proving to be a very competent coach.  smithy still favourite for player of the season,  but CLEE making rapid late headway

attendance was dour,but not surprising.   64 away supporters and 130 season ticket holders not present out of 305  = less than 500 alty on the nite

Absolutely agree with Ecky, why make it known how many season ticket holders didnt attend?! I don't see how that is relevant, the STH are a given, its the floaters and newcomers that we should be focusing on. You can't take away from what was simply a fantastic performance and result by focusing on the negatives... again.

Jenga

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2010, 12:14:41 PM »

I said at the start of the season Clee looked real good and he is now looking awesome.

A real good game. Carden and Brown played really well.

A couple of players in for next season and we will be rocking if we can keep the team together.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2010, 12:22:18 PM »

why make it known how many season ticket holders didnt attend?! I don't see how that is relevant, the STH are a given, its the floaters and newcomers that we should be focusing on. You can't take away from what was simply a fantastic performance and result by focusing on the negatives... again.

It's because he's a selfish, arrogant idiot who cares more about his own agenda than the welfare of Altrincham F.C.

Come on Alty!

radcliffe alty

« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2010, 12:22:44 PM »

clee was excellent...most improved player this season. carden, brown, young,williams and doran very good.  mckenna proving to be a very competent coach.  smithy still favourite for player of the season,  but CLEE making rapid late headway

attendance was dour,but not surprising.   64 away supporters and 130 season ticket holders not present out of 305  = less than 500 alty on the nite

Absolutely agree with Ecky, why make it known how many season ticket holders didnt attend?! I don't see how that is relevant, the STH are a given, its the floaters and newcomers that we should be focusing on. You can't take away from what was simply a fantastic performance and result by focusing on the negatives... again.

Don't rise to the bait chaps. How would he know this information? I'd say he wasn't actually at the game again, and is almost certainly a troll. In fact, looking at the appalling grammar I'd put money on him and Gunners being the same cyber warrior.

markecky

« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2010, 12:31:33 PM »

Don't rise to the bait chaps. How would he know this information? I'd say he wasn't actually at the game again, and is almost certainly a troll. In fact, looking at the appalling grammar I'd put money on him and Gunners being the same cyber warrior.

Thats the sad bit of it all.  He is an Alty fan, does go and does put money in.

Which makes his comments even odder.

Jezza

« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2010, 12:51:47 PM »

We know Ken Mckenna is a very competent coach.....that's why the 'cote had the shrewd insight to bring him on board....together with the players the 'cote has attracted the 'cote and ken are indeed proving a winning combination.....

Thanks dino for acknowledging the excellent management structure we have in place!!

As for the attendance....yep disappointing but not surprising I agree given the floaters will not view this as a must get down to moss lane fixture in the current economic climate.....which makes the performance and result even more pleasing don't you think? especially when we can put out such a good team on such gates.

markecky

« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2010, 01:04:00 PM »

The attendance was no shock to anyone I knew, most predicted around 600 which is what we get for Tuesday games.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2010, 01:08:25 PM »

The attendance was no shock to anyone I knew, most predicted around 600 which is what we get for Tuesday games.

It's also at least 200 more than we got for Tuesday games 5/6 years ago.
Come on Alty!

Cheadle Hulme Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2010, 01:54:30 PM »

For Dino's sake I can tell you that I know of at least 4 season ticket holders (me and daughter included) who were at the Editors gig at the Apollo last night and missed the game (it wasn't being played on that night when the gig was announced). I got a text of Alan B telling me the score and there's no telling how gutted I am to have missed what sounds like a great performance. Editors were excellent again though!!!

Jacko

« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2010, 02:10:20 PM »

Having experienced the editors they sound like depressed preachers!!!

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2010, 03:15:51 PM »

It was also in the middle of 3 consecutive games at home. To use the old cliche - no disrespect to Kettering but York & Rushden or either on own is more appealing.

Scottie

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2010, 04:39:09 PM »

Sound performance - really enjoyable - one of the best home games for a long time.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2010, 10:14:58 PM »

Well done great result could not be there due to being in London what a great season :)
ParkINson's red and white army
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Fantastic performance