PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Colin Peake is unhappy (what a shame)
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Colin Peake is unhappy (what a shame)  (Read 17761 times)

RocketDan

Re: Colin Peake is unhappy (what a shame)
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2010, 11:28:32 AM »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/f/forest_green_rovers/8507767.stm

listening to his voice sounds like being garrotted with cheese wire

York Alty

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2010, 08:40:59 PM »

buryalty.

mega post captain.  MEGA.

Jezza

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2010, 02:52:37 PM »

After numerous FGR fans posted messages of support he still doesn't sound happy!! My god he goes on and on and on and....

Thank you to those who have sent personal messages and it is as a result, that I have taken time to read the above posts and respond to some of the comments passed.

I confirm I am not employed by the club and the small amount I receive from the club does not even pay for my landline or mobile, nor my own computer (which I had to recently change at a cost of £400), electricity costs etc etc. If the club had to pay for me full time like most other BSP clubs the average going rate is around £25k pa. I am well out of pocket and until only 9 months ago I was in full time employment. In fact now after certain legal issues were resolved last week I can seek other employment. Therefore to put the record straight I am not retired. What I receive is a basic token for the experience I give to the club over rules and regualtions and attending meetings. One slip by me could cost the club thousands of pounds and therefore the BoD recognise I should be financially rewarded for that knowledge, albeit it is a pittance. I was asked recently to return to the Board and as explained I have been asked to assume the role of Vice Chair to see the BoD through the inugrual meeting of shareholders. Until that meeting I do not even have a vote.

If someone would like to take over the task of Press Officer (Football only and not Ltd Company) then they can, Please step forward as Terry has done with the PA on match days.

Paul Stonehouse - I was not aware until I got to Wimbledon that he had an injury problem and I am told he wanted to play but was advised not too because he is a vital cog in the rest of the season as opposed to a couple of matches. As I have already stated I had what I thought was more important things to resolve on Saturday at Wimbledon than who was playing. Therefore another Press Officer or someone who will be at ALL away matches would be useful to liaise with the web-site.

I have continually over the years in my role supported the Team Manager, backroom staff and the players. Why? Because it is part of my duty. Yes some may have lost the plot, are in a learning curve, struggling against a backdrop of other issues which always affect any management team. Having said that I know the present encumbent David Hockaday is working hard and I will continue to support him, like I did all those before. In my opinion he is doing a difficult job at this time and he really needs a blank canvas to work with before I or anyone else should be too critical of him. Yes he gets some things wrong but hey who in management doesn't. At least he does not whinge like others before him. I see Mark Cooper didn't last long at his new club. Already we have postings about how he would make a good manager at FGR. He couldn't cut it at the Posh and no doubt he had issues to contend with. Whether supporting him longer than they did would be great in hindsight we will never know. Why anyone wishes to be a Manager is personally beyond me at times because of its precarious nature.

It has already been stated by someone about the poor take up of shares and of course this impacts right across all we try to do within the Ltd Company. This needs addressing at the meeting of shareholders. At this time WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER. It is not just the Manager the players or the BoD. It is about us ALL. If you wish to know the true picture then become a shareholder and all will be revealed on 25th. I will not shirk from the responsibilities being placed on me to chair that meeting.

The main thing which bugs me constantly is comment from those who ought to know better, those who hold some capacity in the club, yet fail to recognise the hard work which a lot of people are doing. This is not just about me. The ordinary fan who pays his money and thinks this entitles him to slag off anyone where and when they want will never bother me. It is those who have a collective voice within the club and still think they can say what they like. This can be damaging and there is always two sides to any story. Just think before you say what you want and consider what damage am I causing to the club I profess to support.

Give me the likes of Sam Reid who dropped what he was doing yesterday to come and give me a hand over the issue of making the West Terrace accesible. Of course I recognise that every supporter cannot for various reasons do as was the case with snow clearing but EVERYONE can be a genuine supporter. Would man have ever reached the moon, would we have stormed the beaches on D-Day to liberate Europe. I am sure you get my drift. Let me repeat we are in this TOGETHER. Unity does not cost anything and despite being 2 - 0 down on Saturday I was heartened to hear a number of supporters still chanting for the team. Others came up and expressed an honest view about the result but realistically knew this was not a match which we had targetted to win. Had we got soemthing from it then good. Of course we should all be trying our best to win every match but it will not happen, so we need to make sure our efforts are focused. If the wheel does come off the proverbial wagon then I want to know we have the resilience to mend it and get it back on the road for the next trip.

I am not happy where we are at this time in the league but one thing is certain we will not survive unless we all stick togther. Those with long memories will know we have been here before and we should know what is required. Not turning up tonight to support the team because of this, that or something else is not doing anyone any good. It is negative and does no good in times of adversity. The only thing it does is kill us financially when we can least afford it.

taxi Phil

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2010, 08:10:20 PM »

"We have been here before and know what is required". Oh sh*t - we are ABSOLUTELY sure about that international clearance aren't we ?
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Colin Peake is unhappy (what a shame)