PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Barnet (H) Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Barnet (H) Match Thread  (Read 7329 times)

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Barnet (H) Match Thread
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2024, 09:50:41 AM »

What a great day it was last Saturday. For the first time I took advantage of the fan zone and had a beef Madras with rice, very good indeed, the girls had Nachos with cheese and tomato. There was a decent artist playing too, performing a mix of 90's hits. Then the football happened.

Mesmirizing play at times and some great attacking football reminiscent of the 70's/80's team. Bainsy was great, Dan Mooney looks back to his best, something that Southend couldn't seem to bring out of him, good bit of business for us. Regan was an absolute menace to Barnet and all I can say about CCC is he our very own George Best! We should tell United fans he has been reincarnated!

Great afternoon, my updated prediction now is 3rd or 4th, we seem to be strong going into the new year but the next few games are going to tell us how strong. Just hope we can keep injuries to a minimum.

Well done lads and management, you are a truly entertaining team well worth the entry fee. In fact, it's a bargain. You deserve the extra support we are getting too.

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2024, 12:42:55 PM »

Great post Steve. Got your drift. Funnily enough George Best sprung to my mind at the time. I was lucky enough to see him play regularly throughout his career and CCC's mazey run brought it all back.😁

swindellsworth

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2024, 02:04:41 PM »

Yeah top post . Super team performance and the match a great advert for the NL . IMO Chris was head and shoulders above everyone else with a display of class rarely seen at this level. Brilliant .   
  I too was a regular at OT during the Best , Law and Charlton era until discovering the real Mecca of footie 🤩

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2024, 02:07:02 PM »

I too was a regular at OT during the Best , Law and Charlton era until discovering the real Mecca of footie 🤩

You're welcome! 😉
« Last Edit: January 10, 2024, 02:51:21 PM by Saughall Robin »
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2024, 02:13:48 PM »

Thanks Rory's Grandad, I also watched Georgie Best play in the 67/68 season and until he left the club. I distinctly remember a defender once falling over when trying to take the ball off George Best as he twisted and turned. Thought that may happen to a Barnet defender at the time too last Saturday. In my pre-Alty days I used to go to United on a regular basis until they had trouble with their fans in the early/mid 70's when it became intimidating. Remember Dennis Law appearing from nowhere at the Stretford End and netting a goal; remember thinking 'Where the hell did he suddenly come from'.

Coincidentally, I think CCC and George are from the same city as well.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2024, 09:17:52 AM »

For all the plaudits CCC will rightly receive following his performance on Saturday, I thought it should be worth mentioning the performamces of two individuals who have maybe had mixed write ups in their time here.

I thought Lewis Banks and Sam Roscoe were both great, the former making positive strides forward and playing a big part in a couple of our key moves, and the latter providing the flick for the Lewis Baines goal.

The end scoreline betrays the fact that - in my opinion - all four of the back line played really well.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Barnet (H) Match Thread