PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 January Transfer window
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: January Transfer window  (Read 6754 times)

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: January Transfer window
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2024, 04:00:27 PM »

Will we find out today whether Newby is staying or not?
I notice Colchester have just sacked their manager. What effect will that have on the decision? (given that they're only about nine places above us in the pecking order)
He's signed for another month!👏👏👏👏👏

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2024, 05:01:17 PM »

... and his contract at Colchester is up in the summer so perhaps there's a good chance of extending the loan until then (if he's up for it of course) 😉
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2024, 08:45:38 PM »

Pleased with that - 1 in 3 goal return, climbed from 11th to 6th during his time here, the stats don't lie - he stands a good chance of continuing to improve over the next few weeks.

Good update from the club in general - Amaar Hussain has gone out on loan which is positive news, and Owen German has been extended at Warrington Rylands so clearly it's going well.

Marcus Dackers has gone back to Salford, so I guess Regan will be leading the line again now.

Wilmslow Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2024, 03:08:13 PM »

Acton_Alty has now moved to Chiswick...Wilmslow!

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2024, 03:55:32 PM »

Lots of departures at Gateshead with several loans recalled and Stephen Wearne sold to MK Dons.

https://www.derbyshiretimes.co.uk/sport/football/chesterfield-set-to-face-threadbare-gateshead-after-player-exits-rock-national-league-play-off-chasers-4469517
Suffering greatly from our issues last season. I do feel for them in that regard. It was also on the cards that at least one if not a few of the players would follow Williamson over to MK Dons. Olley and Booty were the top of my list though.

Alternatively, it's one less playoff rival so excellent.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2024, 07:54:41 PM »

Lots of departures at Gateshead with several loans recalled and Stephen Wearne sold to MK Dons.

https://www.derbyshiretimes.co.uk/sport/football/chesterfield-set-to-face-threadbare-gateshead-after-player-exits-rock-national-league-play-off-chasers-4469517
Suffering greatly from our issues last season. I do feel for them in that regard. It was also on the cards that at least one if not a few of the players would follow Williamson over to MK Dons. Olley and Booty were the top of my list though.

Alternatively, it's one less playoff rival so excellent.

Olley certainly, but Booty only joined them this season so I wouldn't have thought he'd have the same Williamson connection (correct me if I'm wrong)?

Marcus Dinanga's goals seem to have dried up a bit.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2024, 08:13:51 PM »

Hmmm ... where have I heard that before? 🤔
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2024, 08:20:29 AM »

Hmmm ... where have I heard that before? 🤔

Like many strikers in the lower leagues, he's a fair weather player that needs all 11 players to be firing on all cylinders so he can stay between the width of the goalposts (which is great when things are going well).

Our number 9 role under Parky has never worked like that, he just didn't fit - I do still wish him well.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2024, 08:24:44 AM »

Taking the United agreement aside, are there any other gaps that look like they need addressing?

If we're persisting with a three at the back system (which I assume we might deploy at Chesterfield) I feel like we're missing a right wing back if Justin Donawa can't get fit.

Bolton have Luke Matheson in their 'B' team... he's that former Rochdale wonderkid that famously scored at Old Trafford in the cup, got a big money move to Wolves which didn't work out so now he's rebuilding.

Still only 21 and seems to be doing well at Bolton, just been given a contract extension and made the bench at the weekend, apparently they're looking to loan him out and I did think a club like us would fit the bill.

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2024, 02:19:00 PM »

Harry Amass and Shea Lacey would be interesting additions.
Shea Lacey is Paddy's younger brother. Paddy was with Alty in the 2012/13 season. Shea isn't 17 until April so I'd imagine he'd stay with United next season.
If they'd let us have him I'd take him without a seconds hesitation.  He's at least a young CCC and Chris isn't anything archaic! I've seen plenty of Shea to see he's destined for great things if he stays on track. Parky and Sorvs step forward.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2024, 02:25:34 PM »

Harry Amass and Shea Lacey would be interesting additions.
Shea Lacey is Paddy's younger brother. Paddy was with Alty in the 2012/13 season. Shea isn't 17 until April so I'd imagine he'd stay with United next season.
If they'd let us have him I'd take him without a seconds hesitation.  He's at least a young CCC and Chris isn't anything archaic! I've seen plenty of Shea to see he's destined for great things if he stays on track. Parky and Sorvs step forward.

United fans in the know seem to think Shea Lacey is the next big thing after Garnacho and Mainoo.

Had no idea he was related to Paddy Lacey.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2024, 06:21:19 PM »

Joe Hugill has signed a new contract with United and is reportedly due to be loaned out to Burton.

Hopefully they'll see more of a player than we did.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2024, 12:33:28 PM »

Pumped 5-0 by Chesterfield last night - hopefully they'll slip back into mid table now.

Thankfully none of our players seem to be attracting rumours at the moment like last season, but I'd argue (with the exception of our goalkeeper and star man, who both only signed this season) that everyone has pulled weight much more equally this season, I don't think anyone stands out a mile aside from that - possibly Eddy as left backs tend to be in high demand, but thankfully he's got himself injured at the ideal time!

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2024, 06:48:30 PM »

Twitter rumours suggest Marcus Dackers could be on his way to Southend on loan also ccc to Swansea has been rumoured
« Last Edit: January 11, 2024, 09:52:54 PM by Timperley The Best »

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2024, 08:38:05 PM »

Weird.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 January Transfer window