News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Half Term Report (23/24)

Author Topic: Half Term Report (23/24)  (Read 3440 times)

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Half Term Report (23/24)
« on: December 29, 2023, 10:34:37 PM »

Right then, here goes - always interesting to see how we all look at things differently...

Well on track for our highest National League finish in an entire generation, and whilst playoff whispers have proven to be a pipe dream following promising runs of form in seasons gone by, it looks like a tantalisingly realistic peospect for 2024 - especially if we come through a very tough January.

On the recruitment front, predominantly positive outcomes leading to less reliance on the loan market, even though we've still seen players sat on the treatment table for considerable periods.

[What I gave them last season in squared brackets]:

Goalkeepers:
29. Ethan ROSS - 8 (could prove to be the most important signing of the Parky era with how it's settled us)

Defenders:
2. Lewis BANKS - 6.5 (has slowly settled into the team, very orthodox full back which hasnt always been our style)
3. Eddy JONES - 7.5 [6.5] (improved considerably in the second half of last season, defending AND going forward)
4. Lewis BAINES - 7.5 (still our best centre back in my opinion, hasn't consistently been picked which is frustrating
5. James JONES - 6.5 [6.5] (brings experience but liable to be beaten on the outside, uncomfortable on the ball)
12. Liam BROCKBANK - 6 [6] (has only just returned from a long term injury, has a chance to prove himself)
15. Jake COOPER - 7 [6.5] (looked uncertain to make the grade but bounced back incredibly well of late)
16. Sam ROSCOE - 6 (despite his obvious aerial threat he hasn't looked capable of making the grade so far)
32. George BURROUGHS - 6 (one for the future, currently out on loan at Redditch)

Central Midfielders:
6. Elliot OSBORNE - 7.5 [6.5] (has proven many doubters, myself included, wrong with how he's dictated games)
8. Isaac MARRIOTT - 7.5 [7.5] (popular, hard working, consistent, influential... should have been made club captain)
19. George WILSON - 6.5 (clearly holds promise but been found wanting against more experienced opponents)
22. Joey JONES - 5.5 (didn't feel like an 'Alty' signing and proven to be poor technically, and a touch disruptive too)

Attacking Midfielders:
7. Matty KOSYLO - 6.5 [N/A] (has been a huge player for us in the past but still been hampered by niggling injuries)
10. Chris CONN-CLARKE - 8.5 [7.5] (now the main man and thrives from things being that way. Game changer)
11. Justin AMAZUZOR - 7.5 (been a solid signing, a real handful on his day but needs to be more consistent now)
27. Ollie CRANKSHAW - 6 (looked short on fitness and then broke down with his injury; nightmare start for him)
30. Alex NEWBY - 7.5 (whilst he hasn't had quite the same impact as his brother, has delivered in key moments)
44. Dan MOONEY - 6 (too early to mark specifically, but excited to see if he can get back to his previous levels)

Strikers:
9. Regan LINNEY - 7 (another one affected badly by injury; very capable, needs a good run of games now)
14. Dior ANGUS - 6.5 (been OK, aside from one hot run of form, has struggled to impose himself on games a bit)
25. Marcus DACKERS - 6.5 (promising debut but has struggled to make an impact in the subsequent matches)
28. Gerald SITHOLE - 6 (not looked ready for senior football, at least not at this level anyway)

Priorities for January might be contract extensions, given I'm assuming a few will have signed to two-year deals when we went professional - Eddy Jones, Lewis Baines, Jake Cooper, Isaac Marriott, Elliott Osborne and Regan Linney would be my priorities on this front.

Recruitment-wise, I'd be pleased to see Alex Newby arrive on a permanent deal but would expect any other slack to be made up of loanees, especially if our agreement with United kicks in.

United U18s are absolutely flying this year with a 100% league record so far.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Half Term Report (23/24)
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2023, 09:31:04 AM »

Decent little read.

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Half Term Report (23/24)