PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Boxing Day Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Boxing Day Match Thread  (Read 9138 times)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Boxing Day Match Thread
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2023, 01:47:17 PM »

Well bully for you. Hope you're not too bitter when we beat you (again) at yours in a few days.
PS. This isn't a bite which you're clearly trying to provoke but more of a heads up. 😉
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

AussieShaymen

• Youth Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2023, 01:52:11 PM »

Well bully for you. Hope you're not too bitter when we beat you (again) at yours in a few days.
PS. This isn't a bite which you're clearly trying to provoke but more of a heads up. 😉

If you think I was trying to get a bite, that's on you. I've liked Parkinson as a manager, and I like the ambition your club has shown over the last couple of seasons. Just thought that interview was interesting to say the least.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2023, 02:03:41 PM »

If you think I was trying to get a bite, that's on you. I've liked Parkinson as a manager, and I like the ambition your club has shown over the last couple of seasons. Just thought that interview was interesting to say the least.

I found it really odd there’s a 2 page thread on his interview on your forum. It’s the Alty boss speaking to the Alty fans. The intended audience don’t give a monkeys about how well or otherwise the opposition played yesterday & are far more concerned with our own failings.

AussieShaymen

• Youth Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2023, 02:30:49 PM »

I found it really odd there’s a 2 page thread on his interview on your forum. It’s the Alty boss speaking to the Alty fans. The intended audience don’t give a monkeys about how well or otherwise the opposition played yesterday & are far more concerned with our own failings.

Why is it odd, it's part and parcel that you watch interviews, etc after a game that involves your team. Was just suprised by the tact of his interview, wasn't expecting it to be honest.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2023, 02:32:21 PM »

Why would the Halifax players need to see Parky's interview to get them up for next week's game? What a strange take.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2023, 03:20:54 PM »

I don't see it as a strange take. He clearly thinks all other things being equal we're better than the Shaymen.
Whether that is true remains to be seen. So far, we've won on penalties and lost 1.

It was fine margins, touches that went astray, interceptions that would have been made on another day, some of it was tiredness, and even the pitch looked like it had way too much water on it. 

Clearly we were miles away from the performance we saw against Solihull but there's a week to recover and put things right. 
Onwards and upwards.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2023, 03:47:54 PM »

To be fair to the Alty lads. They had to trawl down to Bromley for a night game whilst Halifax hosted Rochdale at home. No wonder our lot were bolloxed yesterday, plus we lost Ossie with a silly suspension.Time will tell but I do fancy our team to finish higher than the Shaymen come April.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2023, 08:09:35 PM »

To be fair to the Alty lads. They had to trawl down to Bromley for a night game whilst Halifax hosted Rochdale at home. No wonder our lot were bolloxed yesterday, plus we lost Ossie with a silly suspension.Time will tell but I do fancy our team to finish higher than the Shaymen come April.

I think a lot more science is going into recovery time in this day and age. A few weeks ago in the Prem, Man U had to go to Newcastle on the Saturday, three days after the ding dong battle at Galatasaray, whereas Newcastle had come back from Paris the night before. Newcastle ran rings around them.

Not saying the outcome would have been different, however the team selection only helped to exacerbate matters - and even in a 4231 we might have found George Wilson to still struggle against their stronger, more experienced lads who were quicker to every single loose ball.

As much as we were poor, Halifax looked good value for a playoff place on that showing - hopefully they'll get complacent at their place in a few days.

Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Boxing Day Match Thread