PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Half Term Report
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Half Term Report  (Read 10293 times)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Half Term Report
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2022, 08:25:24 PM »

Thought they finished fourth?
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2022, 08:51:04 AM »

Overall for me the season is about par & where I expected us to be. Jennings & Newby with a settled team have been the catalysts for our recent upturn. In the second half of the season I’d like to see if we can mature & our game management improves. Every win we’ve had this season (with the exception of Dorking) has been by a goal with us generally hanging on at the end or one cock up away from a draw-as seen most infamously at Torquay of course. A professional sort of 2-0 job where it’s put to bed with 15-20 minutes left & some clean sheets would be nice. Parky & Rob Esteva also need to manage the loans well, feels like a cliff edge in the new year when the Stockport two & CCC potentially all depart around the same time.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2022, 09:37:18 AM »

Loans arent the answer but show the level of player we need to be competitive. I hope we look for more Ali Smith, Joel Seniors than Brockbanks for our starting XI.

Id like to see us take Newby and Bennett on next season with Colclough, Bennett, Newby Kosylo.

Hulme or Dinanga with another striker.
It's all my fault.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2022, 09:49:42 AM »

The loans have our saviour. Without E. Jones, Conn-Clarke, Newby and Jennings lord knows where we'd be.

Granted if we hadn't got these 4 in we'd have another 4.

Some of the signings have been poor, bizarre and some fir future.

Very happy with the starting 11 and subs at minute.
Full time and proud of it

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2022, 10:20:19 AM »

The loans have our saviour. Without E. Jones, Conn-Clarke, Newby and Jennings lord knows where we'd be.

Granted if we hadn't got these 4 in we'd have another 4.

Some of the signings have been poor, bizarre and some fir future.

Very happy with the starting 11 and subs at minute.

As long as we can extend our loanees (or possibly make them permanent in one or two instances), we just need stability now.

One exception, if we viewed him as a better longer term prospect to look at, would be someone like Will Goodwin up front - whose Torquay loan expires next month - but that would have to be at the expense of Connor Jennings unless the management team decide to ship one of the others out on loan the other way.

There is, of course, also the spectre of contracts expiring at the end of the season - I really hope we don't have to cash in on anyone while we can, but that's life.

Some (unexpected in some cases) contract extensions would be worth far more to us at this stage than any fresh signings.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2022, 10:31:17 AM »

feels like a cliff edge in the new year when the Stockport two & CCC potentially all depart around the same time.

That's the main concern in the immediate future as far as I'm concerned.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2022, 02:13:37 PM »

We were sort of playing catch up though from the previous year. The botched recruitment led us to bringing in any loaned we could. We eventually got Perritt, Cooper, E Jones (and Ferguson) in but that meant they all left in the summer and we had to start again.

Retention is as important as recruitment. It looks like a couple of players are now up to speed but we can’t afford for them to leave and restart the process again.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2022, 02:37:57 PM »

I'd love to know how accurate Transfermarkt is... currently has 3 players contracted to 2024 (Byrne, Baines and Lundstram) which all kinda make sense.

Means that we could potentially have a lot of work on our hands, purely from a retention point of view - I hope we start this process as early as possible.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2022, 07:20:02 PM »

Thought they finished fourth?

Yes I think you're right. They had been third for so long before missing out at the end!

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2022, 07:44:03 PM »

That Colclough free-kick against Dorking has to be a goal of the season contender, probably not many at this level who would score from so far out to the left. A pity so many people already in the CSH missed it.

Right then, seeing as you mentioned it... Goal Of The Season contenders so far?

As you mentioned, Ryan Colclough v Dorking has got to be up there... the only other one I can think of is Chris Conn-Clarke's strike at home to Oldham.

I'm always rubbish at thinking about these things off the top of my head... any others?

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2022, 09:41:34 PM »

That Colclough free-kick against Dorking has to be a goal of the season contender, probably not many at this level who would score from so far out to the left. A pity so many people already in the CSH missed it.

As you mentioned, Ryan Colclough v Dorking has got to be up there... the only other one I can think of is Chris Conn-Clarke's strike at home to Oldham.

I'm always rubbish at thinking about these things off the top of my head... any others?

Colclough’s winner vs York was a lovely team goal & expertly finished. I also liked Dinanga’s powerful low drive to put us ahead at Gateshead & CCC great angled drive across the GK at Maidstone last Saturday.

FromAltyToAshford

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2022, 09:44:43 AM »

Lundstram's strike at Dagenham has to be up there

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2022, 10:36:19 AM »

Not a day to remember fondly in general but Bennett's goal at Solihull was superb.

andrewflynn

« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2022, 03:39:51 PM »

Not a day to remember fondly in general but Bennett's goal at Solihull was superb.

This would be mine to date.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2022, 05:07:07 PM »

Very difficult to displace Toby though!

Or Ryan, I'd have sent him to Chester on loan get him flying again

Last season he scored a great goal in his first game on loan at Buxton... and then promptly got injured and wasn't seen again from what I could recall.

It doesn't look as if Chester need him at the moment, they're absolutely flying.

On the subject of Chester, I see their young manager has picked up the Manager of the Month award. Did a good job at Runcorn from the looks of things too.

Could be one for the post-Parky list, God forbid the day actually comes.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Half Term Report