PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Half Term Report
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Half Term Report  (Read 10315 times)

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Half Term Report
« on: December 11, 2022, 06:20:57 PM »

Got to be pretty pleased so far, haven't we?

Arguably the biggest transition we'll ever face led to a pretty sticky start, but now that recruitment and injuries have settled down, we look like a team that can start looking up the table, rather than down it.

Recent results have shown us that, besides the 'Big Three', there really isn't anyone to fear for us in this division.

14th place and a return of 1.26 points per game (compared with 1.25 last season) so we're heading in the right direction.

I've tried to mark the players 'Football Manager style':

Goalkeepers:
1. Oliver BYRNE - 6.5 (great shot stopper but hasn't commanded his area as much as we'd hoped)
21. Matthew GOULD - 6.5 (looked OK in the brief time we've seen him)
29. Dermot MEE - 5.5 (nightmare start that didn't get any better; not seen again after shipping five at Solihull)

Defenders:
2. Edward JONES - 6.5 (has struggled at times, doesn't overlap enough - but has shown steady improvement)
3. Liam BROCKBANK - 6 (another one with a less than ideal start to life at Alty; didn't look ready for this level yet)
5. Toby MULLARKEY - 8 (captain and leader, dependable at either centre half or full back)
6. Lewis BAINES - 7 (not much of a footballer but a solid defender - and sometimes that's all you need)
22. Ross BARROWS - 6 (error-strewn and sadly not lived up to the promise that came with his signing)
23. Jake COOPER - 6.5 (remains a promising prospect waiting in the wings, been decent when depended upon)
26. James JONES - 6.5 (started his second spell with us poorly, but has settled in better now)

Central Midfielders:
8. Josh LUNDSTRAM - 8 (wonderful footballer and one of the first names on the team sheet for a reason)
4. Isaac MARRIOTT - 7.5 (been excellent again since his return; him & Josh are a hell of a midfield duo)
10. Elliot OSBORNE - 6.5 (been OK but flatters to deceive at times; has made some poor errors and now considered backup)
18. Ben PRINGLE - 6.5 (popular with the fans but not really seen as much of him as we did last season)
31. Dan MALONE - 6 (didn't really make his mark in the short period of time that we've seen him)

Attacking Midfielders:
7. Matty KOSYLO - N/A
11. Ryan COLCLOUGH - 8 (slow start to the season but back in the saddle now; still very much our marquee player)
16. Chris CONN-CLARKE - 7.5 (a bit inconsistent at times but really dangerous and has chipped in with lots of goal contributions)
17. Brad JACKSON - 6 (has struggled with his usual fitness issues and hasn't really made an impact when we've seen him)
28. Elliot NEWBY - 8 (has been excellent every game - I think we'd all be extremely delighted if we could keep him for longer)
33. Egli KAJA - 6.5 (been breathtaking in extremely small bursts; unfortunately can't seem to get himself fit to play 90 minutes)

Strikers:
9. Jordan HULME - 6.5 (we know what we get with Jordan; incredible servant but not as effective as he once was)
30. Marcus DINANGA - 7 (scored higher than Jordan mainly because he's exceeded all our expectations, let's face it)
35. Connor JENNINGS - 7.5 (worked really hard and led the line well; no surprise the wingers are firing in his presence)

I'd love to see our loanees extended further (or made permanent) - and it would be great to see one or two given fresh 18-month deals to tie them in with us beyond the end of the season, if we have the means of being able to do so.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2022, 06:22:32 PM by MarpleAlty »

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Half Term Report
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2022, 07:33:16 PM »

Template to make it easier for others

Goalkeepers:
1.  Oliver BYRNE -
21. Matthew GOULD -
29. Dermot MEE -

Defenders:
2. Edward JONES -
3. Liam BROCKBANK -
5. Toby MULLARKEY -
6. Lewis BAINES -
22. Ross BARROWS -
23. Jake COOPER -
26. James JONES -

Central Midfielders:
8. Josh LUNDSTRAM -
4. Isaac MARRIOTT -
10. Elliot OSBORNE -
18. Ben PRINGLE -
31. Dan MALONE -

Attacking Midfielders:
7. Matty KOSYLO - N/A
11. Ryan COLCLOUGH -
16. Chris CONN-CLARKE -
17. Brad JACKSON -
28. Elliot NEWBY -
33. Egli KAJA -
??. Aaron BENNETT :) -

Strikers:
9. Jordan HULME -
30. Marcus DINANGA -
35. Connor JENNINGS -

Manager:
Phil PARKINSON
  :)
It's all my fault.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2022, 07:47:01 PM »

Goalkeepers:
1.  Oliver BYRNE - 6!10 slightly disappointed with some of his play and attitude at times. Some. Top, top saves, but rarely off his line and a lot of save able goals.
21. Matthew GOULD - 7/10 Looked very sold when needed
29. Dermot MEE - 4/10 - can't see him beyond Con North standard/playing lower league abroad.

Defenders:
2. Edward JONES - 7/10 solid and grown as the seasons gone on. Would be happy to see him move permenant.
3. Liam BROCKBANK - 5/10 not up to this level (midtable)
5. Toby MULLARKEY - 9/10 Player of the year, matured in his captaincy. Superb at RB and helped steady our season
6. Lewis BAINES - stats dont lie, probably our best signing. We should sign more top CN players, over kids.
22. Ross BARROWS - 4/10 probably the most disappointing signing, too many errors.
23. Jake COOPER - 6/10 like Toby under Hannigan and Jones.
26. James JONES - 7/10 very shaky start, proven solid.

Central Midfielders:
8. Josh LUNDSTRAM - 9/10 let down by Osborne at
4. Isaac MARRIOTT - 9/10 no coincidence his return seen us pick up so many points.
10. Elliot OSBORNE - 5/10 too many errors
18. Ben PRINGLE - 6/10 played well, but yet to see his full potential even from bench.
31. Dan MALONE - 6/10 can't see him getting in the first team at that level, perhaps someone we had to take for Eddy?

Attacking Midfielders:
7. Matty KOSYLO - N/A
11. Ryan COLCLOUGH - 9/10 carried us in the dark days. Worth the  ticket money some games
16. Chris CONN-CLARKE - 7/10 some fab moments, attitude and head goes sometimes
17. Brad JACKSON - 3/10 cant forgive that Torquay moment
28. Elliot NEWBY - 9/10 refired out season
33. Egli KAJA - 7/10 a live wire but we'd see f**k all at that point so anything would do.
??. Aaron BENNETT :) - 8/10 a great FL player in the making. After Newby, he'd be next on my summer shopping list

Strikers:
9. Jordan HULME - 7/10 (6 really but 2 minutes of joy at Torquay gets him a point)
30. Marcus DINANGA - 7/10 Disappointed with his penalty miss at Torquay but Ive enjoyed watching him develop.
35. Connor JENNINGS - 8.5/10 sparked our season

Manager:
Phil PARKINSON - 7/10 - some abysmal recruitment and some overhype of players aside, we've seen Phil grow off the pitch and Im confident with a better budget in Summer we can go beyond 14th-12th

Been a season with little pockets of joy but been a real drag so far. Fan zone, lack of trains to spark away days, feels like a lot more travel, some poor early home games.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2022, 07:48:46 PM by HashtagAlty »
It's all my fault.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2022, 07:57:16 PM »

Dont want to do each player but using the FM analogy many of these players have superb potential and are improving.
I think to go 5 unbeaten after such a poor start makes me wonder what could have been.  Newby and Jennings have made a big difference but its how colclough and conn clarke play with them thats impressive.
Overall, great, feared the worst for the first 10 games, happy now and its likely that we'll be fine.  A trophy run would be nice
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2022, 09:01:33 PM »

That Colclough free-kick against Dorking has to be a goal of the season contender, probably not many at this level who would score from so far out to the left. A pity so many people already in the CSH missed it.

Let's face it, the best we've managed at this level since the Maunders bombshell is 12th to 14th, so to go above that really would be breeaking new ground in this era of our history, and in a mostly full-time league, so I've got to be happy with 14th. Moreover, we are now 24 points in our last 14v matches after the perhaps predictably slow start. If we carry on like this, we can finish top half and maybe even challenge for the play-offs next season. |Hopefully we can match what F.C. did last season eventually.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2022, 11:31:31 AM »

Which F. C. are you referring to? (sorry to appear dense!)
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

swindellsworth

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2022, 12:46:21 PM »

[/
 C'mon Sangers , i know your Densa rating is sky high  😉

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2022, 12:56:42 PM »

Goalkeepers:
1.  Oliver BYRNE - 6!10 slightly disappointed with some of his play and attitude at times. Some. Top, top saves, but rarely off his line and a lot of save able goals.
29. Dermot MEE - 4/10 - can't see him beyond Con North standard/playing lower league abroad.

Defenders:
2. Edward JONES - 7/10 solid and grown as the seasons gone on. Would be happy to see him move permenant.
5. Toby MULLARKEY - 9/10 Player of the year, matured in his captaincy. Superb at RB and helped steady our season
6. Lewis BAINES - stats dont lie, probably our best signing. We should sign more top CN players, over kids.
22. Ross BARROWS - 4/10 probably the most disappointing signing, too many errors.

Central Midfielders:
4. Isaac MARRIOTT - 9/10 no coincidence his return seen us pick up so many points.
18. Ben PRINGLE - 6/10 played well, but yet to see his full potential even from bench.
31. Dan MALONE - 6/10 can't see him getting in the first team at that level, perhaps someone we had to take for Eddy?

Attacking Midfielders:
7. Matty KOSYLO - N/A
11. Ryan COLCLOUGH - 9/10 carried us in the dark days. Worth the  ticket money some games
33. Egli KAJA - 7/10 a live wire but we'd see f**k all at that point so anything would do.
??. Aaron BENNETT :) - 8/10 a great FL player in the making. After Newby, he'd be next on my summer shopping list

Strikers:
9. Jordan HULME - 7/10 (6 really but 2 minutes of joy at Torquay gets him a point)
30. Marcus DINANGA - 7/10 Disappointed with his penalty miss at Torquay but Ive enjoyed watching him develop.

Manager:
Phil PARKINSON - 7/10 - some abysmal recruitment and some overhype of players aside, we've seen Phil grow off the pitch and Im confident with a better budget in Summer we can go beyond 14th-12th

Been a season with little pockets of joy but been a real drag so far. Fan zone, lack of trains to spark away days, feels like a lot more travel, some poor early home games.

Seems like a decent and fair school report...………..with exception that the Brad Jackson score feels a liitle harsh, albeit I have only seen him play at home
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2022, 01:12:27 PM »

Halifax?
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2022, 02:31:52 PM »

Goalkeepers:

Defenders:

Central Midfielders:

Attacking Midfielders:
7. Matty KOSYLO - N/A

Strikers:

Manager:

Seems like a decent and fair school report...………..with exception that the Brad Jackson score feels a liitle harsh, albeit I have only seen him play at home

That score was for how I felt travelling back from Torquay. Cant say I've seem him play much.

He needs to play from the start or as a wing back IMO
It's all my fault.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2022, 03:24:37 PM »

Very difficult to displace Toby though!

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2022, 03:53:59 PM »

Or Ryan, I'd have sent him to Chester on loan get him flying again
It's all my fault.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2022, 05:46:05 PM »

Or Ryan, I'd have sent him to Chester on loan get him flying again

Last season he scored a great goal in his first game on loan at Buxton... and then promptly got injured and wasn't seen again from what I could recall.

It doesn't look as if Chester need him at the moment, they're absolutely flying.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2022, 06:21:04 PM »

Yes, I agree. Perhaps a side like Southport might?

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2022, 08:22:55 PM »

F.C. Halifax Town who finished third last season, as opposed to Halifax "2.5p in the pound" Town F.C. I balk somewhat at calling them "Halifax" or "Halifax Town" as if nothing happened, especially as the effective theft of the former HTFC resulted in Graham Heathcote being castigated for three successive "relegations" - they were nothing of the sort, and certainly not in this case where HTFC spent money they apparently hadn't got on a player Altrincham might have signed. I also balk at calling the new co. club "F.C. Halifax Town", or putting "F.C." or "A.F.C." at the start of club names in general, a gimmick pioneered, I understand, by A.F.C. Bournemouth so that their fixtures would appear at the top of lists in alphabetical order, but the A.F.C. bit is generally ignored now.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2022, 08:29:00 PM by Hugh »
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Half Term Report