PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 If we are "Free" from Monday...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: If we are "Free" from Monday...  (Read 15366 times)

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: If we are "Free" from Monday...
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2021, 11:23:39 AM »

I've just jogged past Wythenshawe Town FC this morning. They've got a friendly on the 20th. Free to get in if you've got nothing better to do.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2021, 07:53:40 PM »

With us "free" from next Monday...did we have to get tickets at previous years' away friendlies?

(Strange how ppl go down the conspiracy route when I'm just asking a question!)

You've put free in inverted comments and you're comparing restrictions vs lack of games, like you're worried about a hidden meaning.

Enjoy a pint it's sunny.

I've never needed tickets at Ashton, Nantwich or Curzon before, or for that matter seen anything other than low numbers there.

With the "pingdemic" looking set to continue and some jobs set to be banned to millions of people who could have previously had them (among other things), it's not what some would call free. And it's looking a fair bet that next season will also be disrupted. Get real. This is no laughing matter, lad.

Nb, I basically paid on the gate at Nantwich last pre-season, I'm not bothering next season if I can't pay on the gate (and as I say, looks possible we could end up like last season for some games). Freedom my foot.
Bore off with your terribly formed points of view. If you are capable of being outraged at the need to pre buy a ticket for a football match you really do need to give your head a wobble

Some very good points Hugh

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2021, 08:07:56 PM »

Were we ever "free"?

Good to see that we are now entering deep philosophical territory on the forum.

All of which prompts me to pose the following slightly-adapted Zen koan:

'What is the sound of one hand clapping in the Golf Road End?'
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2021, 09:20:15 PM »

Were we ever "free"?

Can we be 100% certain that the sound we can hear is actually one hand clapping ?

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2021, 12:27:23 PM »

Your all as free as you want to be x
ParkINson's red and white army

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2021, 01:16:30 PM »

Were we ever "free"?

Is it a happy hand clapping?

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2021, 01:16:54 PM »

Your all as free as you want to be x

Like wow man🌼 power.

andrewflynn

« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2021, 06:40:00 PM »

With us "free" from next Monday...did we have to get tickets at previous years' away friendlies?

You've put free in inverted comments and you're comparing restrictions vs lack of games, like you're worried about a hidden meaning.

Enjoy a pint it's sunny.

I've never needed tickets at Ashton, Nantwich or Curzon before, or for that matter seen anything other than low numbers there.

With the "pingdemic" looking set to continue and some jobs set to be banned to millions of people who could have previously had them (among other things), it's not what some would call free. And it's looking a fair bet that next season will also be disrupted. Get real. This is no laughing matter, lad.

Nb, I basically paid on the gate at Nantwich last pre-season, I'm not bothering next season if I can't pay on the gate (and as I say, looks possible we could end up like last season for some games). Freedom my foot.

You're in for a bit of a shocker then Hugh, most clubs at this level will require an advance ticket presented at the turnstile. COVID or not, you would have been required to visit a ticket office or order online prior to arriving at the 'gate' on most visits.

Really not that big a deal is it. Each to their own but seems a bit of a paddy about nothing. Doesn't bother me having to pay in advance and if it helps clubs prepare in line with the guidelines they have to adhere to then honestly who's arsed.

RolfGoad

« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2021, 07:12:35 PM »

Really not that big a deal is it. Each to their own but seems a bit of a paddy about nothing. Doesn't bother me having to pay in advance and if it helps clubs prepare in line with the guidelines they have to adhere to then honestly who's arsed.
[/quote]

It’s the first step. Next thing you know, all the masked lizards that are running the FA will be probing fans upon entry

Seth

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2021, 09:09:35 PM »

It's only a minor inconvenience but one that seems a tad unnecessary once restrictions on capacity are lifted

altering um

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2021, 11:26:47 PM »

The problem with 'online ticketing' is it's based on the assumption that everybody carries a smartphone and/or apps about their person at all times. Which, even among those who do so, is widely accepted as being crass and/or crap.
 Viva cash!

andrewflynn

« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2021, 06:17:18 AM »

The problem with 'online ticketing' is it's based on the assumption that everybody carries a smartphone and/or apps about their person at all times. Which, even among those who do so, is widely accepted as being crass and/or crap.
 Viva cash!

You can order on a laptop / PC and print them off?

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2021, 08:26:30 AM »

Viva cash!

Nah. Though I disagree with you, I am still happy to take cash if people want to give me any. Just form a socially distanced queue at the first home game. Thanks!

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2021, 11:11:17 PM »

Enjoy a pint it's sunny.

Sounds like the excuses not to pay to watch a side that might struggle are starting early.

Last summer Nantwich actually was going to be all online tickets, they luckily had some spare.

Given some clubs have had sticky fingers over the years, cashless entry where possible removes those issues.
defo don't want any sticky fingers issues . Also let's be honest dealing with cash costs time and money as well as the noted security risk of theft. Don't get me wrong im not for a cashless society but the truth is the less cash the club has to deal with saves us time and money of not having to secure it and bank it ... If there is even a nearby bank / cash collection
Come on you red and white........

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2021, 08:24:49 PM »

Enjoy a pint it's sunny.

Sounds like the excuses not to pay to watch a side that might struggle are starting early.

Last summer Nantwich actually was going to be all online tickets, they luckily had some spare.

Given some clubs have had sticky fingers over the years, cashless entry where possible removes those issues.
defo don't want any sticky fingers issues . Also let's be honest dealing with cash costs time and money as well as the noted security risk of theft. Don't get me wrong im not for a cashless society but the truth is the less cash the club has to deal with saves us time and money of not having to secure it and bank it ... If there is even a nearby bank / cash collection

Then take card payments!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 If we are "Free" from Monday...