PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Latest scores
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Latest scores  (Read 4776 times)

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Latest scores
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2014, 05:25:52 PM »

We now essentially head a league of three to get that third place and we have the best two fixtures.   

Our chances of winning the playoffs can be debated all day but we really do need that away game first in the semi's in my opinion.

Totally agree Ecky. The thumping we got at Brackley last season showed us that. One possible advantage we will have IF Telford sneak the title is our support much better than NFU, Hednesford and Guiseley's is.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2014, 05:50:16 PM »

We now essentially head a league of three to get that third place and we have the best two fixtures.   

Our chances of winning the playoffs can be debated all day but we really do need that away game first in the semi's in my opinion.

Plus finishing third would secure you home advantage in the Play-Off Final in the event of the the fifth-placed team team defeating the second-placed side in the other Semi-Final (and Alty winning their Semi-Final, naturally!).

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

York Alty

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2014, 06:03:53 PM »

Plus finishing third would secure you home advantage in the Play-Off Final in the event of the the fifth-placed team team defeating the second-placed side in the other Semi-Final (and Alty winning their Semi-Final, naturally!).

100%.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2014, 07:23:23 PM »

Worst set of results possible - everyone of the top 4 other sides won.  All it does is eliminate Brackley and probably (barring something odd) Boston.  

I guess that is why they are all top four sides.......they win most of their games

Good to see Brackley out of it though

Need to finish third now....do Hednesford over two legs and then beat Guiseley at home after they despatch Telford
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Jimmy

« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2014, 08:23:06 PM »

Worst set of results possible - everyone of the top 4 other sides won.  All it does is eliminate Brackley and probably (barring something odd) Boston.  

I guess that is why they are all top four sides.......they win most of their games

Need to finish third now....do Hednesford over two legs and then beat Guiseley at home after they despatch Telford
Not sure it's good to see brackley out because they are awfull

taxi Phil

« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2014, 10:04:54 AM »

Certainly the ideal scenario !

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2014, 11:45:15 AM »

Not sure it's good to see brackley out because they are awfull

Good point............just don't like them I suppose
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Jimmy

« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2014, 12:51:46 PM »

Fair enough mick
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Latest scores