PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Bromley Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Bromley Match Thread  (Read 16801 times)

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Bromley Match Thread
« Reply #75 on: December 13, 2021, 04:51:47 PM »

Actually Hugh walking in the road when there is an accessible footpath is not legal
Under what law, please? The relevant section  I can see of the Highway Code states " Pavements (including any path along the side of a road) should be used if provided. Where possible, avoid being next to the kerb with your back to the traffic. If you have to step into the road, look both ways first. Always show due care and consideration for others." 

There appear to be a lot of qualifications there, and it's sensible advice rather than the prohibition imposed to prevent walking on a motorway.  What's more, sometimes bad parking along Moss Lane can force pedestrians into walking along the road when the pavement is blocked.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 13, 2021, 04:58:21 PM »

Actually Hugh walking in the road when there is an accessible footpath is not legal

Neither is theft tbf. Doesn't stop people.
It's all my fault.

altering um

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 13, 2021, 10:12:05 PM »

"If football ground is adjacent to a cul-de-sac then on matchdays close the road, not the football ground."

Lora Logic.

Bear Town Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 13, 2021, 11:05:31 PM »

Meanwhile, elsewhere in Trafford

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 14, 2021, 10:07:35 AM »

Trafford Council allow MUFC to exercise total anarchy. Don't try to drive into Town along Chester Road any time between five minutes before a match ends, and twenty minutes after it finishes - the police operate a total traffic lockdown.

Perhaps the Council would let us shut Moss Lane at 4.45 on Saturdays for half an hour on Public Safety grounds....or not.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 14, 2021, 11:18:31 AM »

If we need a forward (and yes I’m going to mention him) of the style of Jordon Hulme  then the likes of Hancock, Kosylo and Colclough would have scored lots more goals..

I agree wholeheartedly with this and felt disappointed with Parky's assertion during the post-match interview on Alty TV that we are scoring goals.  The fact is that we are only scoring consolation goals in many cases and we are giving most of the teams we play against a one or two goal head start before we begin to show any interest in the game.  Also, we do not break on the counter attack as quickly as we used to do and we are giving our opponents too much time to form an effective defense.  A big number 9 is required to act as a target man who can receive the ball, hold it up and and lay it off to a colleagues moving into potential goal scoring positions.  This has worked well for us in the past and I see no reason to abandon these tactics.

We now have only one win in 10 games (and yes, we have had some decent draws against big clubs) and I am getting worried.

I have to go out now but I probably will have more to say on this thread.

I'm not worried about our form to be honest - we've had a tough run of games.

As much as people have been frustrated by our recent slow starts, it hasn't been a season-long problem (in fact, at one point we were bemoaning not coming out after half time and holding on to our leads - Woking, Eastleigh, Solihull etc).

Ultimately we've picked up points at places we wouldn't have done last season (like Aldershot and Chesterfield) and comfortably dispatched the one team we're clearly stronger than (Weymouth).

We're not going to threaten either end of the table - fingers crossed for an exciting Trophy run if Notts can't be arsed.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 14, 2021, 12:27:08 PM »

My issue is with the people who just walk into, across and along the various carriageways with zero consideration for other users.
That they then choose to abuse drivers for having the temerity to drive on the roads puts the tin hat on it.

Anything which may potentially compromise safety in or around the environs of the Stadium should be avoided. Correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't there been mention of the roads (particularly Golf Rd) in recent posts and club requests?

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 14, 2021, 01:35:48 PM »

My issue is with the people who just walk into, across and along the various carriageways with zero consideration for other users.
That they then choose to abuse drivers for having the temerity to drive on the roads puts the tin hat on it.

Anything which may potentially compromise safety in or around the environs of the Stadium should be avoided. Correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't there been mention of the roads (particularly Golf Rd) in recent posts and club requests?

I am a driver, cyclist, pedestrian and very occasional horse rider on the road. The same principles apply to all.
1) be patient 2) be aware 3) be courteous 4) say please and thank you.

That really should cover it.

Back to reality.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Bromley Match Thread