PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Bromley Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Bromley Match Thread  (Read 16803 times)

finnquark1

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
Re: Bromley Match Thread
« Reply #60 on: December 12, 2021, 12:45:57 AM »

Bromley nearly scored two or three times before their goal because we seemingly couldn't comprehend the idea that Cheek likes to pull off the shoulder of the centre half and onto the left back. The organisation for the set piece they scored from wasn't great either, I think Moult was paired with their no. 6, which was later resolved by one of the centre halves picking him up. I'd be more concerned about the persistent leaking of daft goals - we're bound to have the odd afternoon where we don't score, and the least we deserved today was a point.

Randy Konk

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 12, 2021, 10:06:57 AM »

I thought there was a push from the Bromley striker before the goal. Didn’t see any Alty player appealing however so probably me clutching at straws.

Don’t think Jordan Hulme would help our cause at the moment to be honest.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 12, 2021, 10:30:18 AM »

It's a long shot ..but if we could track down Chris senior ??
ParkINson's red and white army

Ukrainian Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 12, 2021, 03:00:58 PM »

If we need a forward (and yes I’m going to mention him) of the style of Jordon Hulme  then the likes of Hancock, Kosylo and Colclough would have scored lots more goals..

I agree wholeheartedly with this and felt disappointed with Parky's assertion during the post-match interview on Alty TV that we are scoring goals.  The fact is that we are only scoring consolation goals in many cases and we are giving most of the teams we play against a one or two goal head start before we begin to show any interest in the game.  Also, we do not break on the counter attack as quickly as we used to do and we are giving our opponents too much time to form an effective defense.  A big number 9 is required to act as a target man who can receive the ball, hold it up and and lay it off to a colleagues moving into potential goal scoring positions.  This has worked well for us in the past and I see no reason to abandon these tactics.

We now have only one win in 10 games (and yes, we have had some decent draws against big clubs) and I am getting worried.

I have to go out now but I probably will have more to say on this thread. 

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 12, 2021, 03:22:02 PM »

I think most people on here agree with you and are saying the same thing in slightly different ways across several threads.
Despite what PP said in the interview, I believe he feels the same way too.
As I've said, I think the problem will only be resolved when we go full time.
Hopefully next season.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 12, 2021, 03:51:58 PM »

Neil Sorvel in today's issue of the Non League Paper:

"Our attacking play was fantastic but we haven't scored enough from that number nine spot this season."

The problem is glaringly obvious, however since Hulme's abrupt departure the likes of Adarabioyo, Blyth, Harrison, Gibson, Bell and Piggott have all been recruited, tried and duly found to be substandard.

And now Dinanga, for whom I believe we paid a transfer fee, is looking increasingly forlorn.

The frustrating conundrum persists.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 12, 2021, 10:09:36 PM »

YET....only 4 teams have scored more than we have.

It is a conundrum!

It could have a lot to do with our high scoring rate being linked to a meagre goal difference of +4

Adds to the conundrum in that we usually have a very accomplished back 4 (left back has, I think, been our weakness), yet, with all those goals, just have a +4 GD!

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 13, 2021, 01:12:45 AM »

YET....only 4 teams have scored more than we have.

It is a conundrum!

It could have a lot to do with our high scoring rate being linked to a meagre goal difference of +4

+4 in the NL is fantastic! I don't think there's been many times post Maunders that we've finished better than that at Conference level. I predicted a 14th to 16th place finish at the start of the season and I would be happy with that (apart from the NL not being much fun these days). It's a 5 year plan to get in the league and I think a serious challenge will have to wait for full time football and when we've sorted ground improvements - we just don't seem able to bid for the likes of Ashley Hemmings at the minute and have to hope we'll get lucky on a Piggott.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2021, 03:24:20 AM by Hugh »

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 13, 2021, 01:27:49 AM »

Some of the best problems I've ever seen complained about.

If we want a league standard team we need a league standard club.

You don't seem to take other people's problems very seriously do you? Of course it's a problem, I have been thinking along the same lines as One Foot in the Grave (Warrington? Wythenshawe Town?). I'll see how bad it gets - and hopefully some things will be better soon - but this nonsense is an issue for some of us, and the club could end up losing some long standing supporters.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2021, 01:31:49 AM by Hugh »

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 13, 2021, 01:38:41 AM »

A couple of things are brought to mind by comments on this thread.
In no particular order
When I am trying to drive out of Golf Road post match I am horrified, petrified and disgusted even by people not only just setting sail across the road with no consideration of the vehicular traffic but make Abusive signs and comments toward drivers who have the temerity to not stop immediately.
Point 2 is that, given the revised regulations relating to the perimeter fence, there are going to be some disenchanted youngsters at the game. If you are the parent or guardian of one of these children please (and I know it's not going to be easy or pleasant) try to remain as compliant with the requests of the Stewards as possible.  Any significant issues tomorrow may adversely affect chances of a reasonable capacity over Christmas/New Year

Point 3
When I have been to both Old Trafford grounds, The Etihad and the Academy Stadium I have been searched, including being 'wanded' It took seconds and caused me no issues. I was similarly checked at the Southend game by a very polite steward who fully explained the process to me and those around me

Phil, people have a right to walk in the road, and rather more right than all those cyclists we get on the pavement along Manchester Road. It is up to motorists to be ready and avoid pedestrians in the road, they are not breaking any law. I have never had any issues. Or maybe you're the type of person who would call the police about children playing football in the street?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2021, 03:27:08 AM by Hugh »

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 13, 2021, 06:46:08 AM »

A couple of things are brought to mind by comments on this thread.
In no particular order
When I am trying to drive out of Golf Road post match I am horrified, petrified and disgusted even by people not only just setting sail across the road with no consideration of the vehicular traffic but make Abusive signs and comments toward drivers who have the temerity to not stop immediately.
Point 2 is that, given the revised regulations relating to the perimeter fence, there are going to be some disenchanted youngsters at the game. If you are the parent or guardian of one of these children please (and I know it's not going to be easy or pleasant) try to remain as compliant with the requests of the Stewards as possible.  Any significant issues tomorrow may adversely affect chances of a reasonable capacity over Christmas/New Year

Point 3
When I have been to both Old Trafford grounds, The Etihad and the Academy Stadium I have been searched, including being 'wanded' It took seconds and caused me no issues. I was similarly checked at the Southend game by a very polite steward who fully explained the process to me and those around me

Phil, people have a right to walk in the road, and rather more right than all those cyclists we get on the pavement along Manchester Road. It is up to motorists to be ready and avoid pedestrians in the road, they are not breaking any law. I have never had any issues. Or maybe you're the type of person who would call the police about children playing football in the street?

If you walk in the road, please pay attention and not simply be staring at the mobile.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 13, 2021, 01:46:43 PM »

Extended highlights on Youtube. Unbelievable that we didn't score

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 13, 2021, 03:26:16 PM »

Some of the best problems I've ever seen complained about.

If we want a league standard team we need a league standard club.

You don't seem to take other people's problems very seriously do you? Of course it's a problem, I have been thinking along the same lines as One Foot in the Grave (Warrington? Wythenshawe Town?). I'll see how bad it gets - and hopefully some things will be better soon - but this nonsense is an issue for some of us, and the club could end up losing some long standing supporters.

Maybe if you go to watch one of those teams I can stop living rent free in your head. It's dusty as f**k in here anyway, and I keep falling over badly placed ideas.

jhcorbett

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 13, 2021, 03:28:23 PM »

Extended highlights on Youtube. Unbelievable that we didn't score

At the end of the game I thought we could have scored 3 in the second half, watching that back it is more like 5,6 or 7.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 13, 2021, 04:37:42 PM »

Actually Hugh walking in the road when there is an accessible footpath is not legal
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Bromley Match Thread