Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 What are everyone elses opinions on this please??
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: What are everyone elses opinions on this please??  (Read 6504 times)

Longman

« on: January 30, 2008, 09:20:28 PM »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/7217085.stm

I am personally outraged!  As a proud Englishman and childhood memories of Butcher being a staunch patriot for his country (something which we sadly lack in today's set up!) he goes and just dismisses his Englishness in such a blatant way!  Imagine if this was the other way around and a Scotsman was saying he's sing God Save The Queen and he would want Scotland to lose etc, he would be lynched on the streets on Dundee!!!!

>:( >:( >:(

Dougals Dad

Re: What are everyone elses opinions on this please??
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 09:23:58 PM »

There are a few Scottish pundits (Gordon McQueen to name but one) who are also discumknockerated by this appointment.

I have no problem with it in the same way I have no problem with Capello managing England.

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 09:29:12 PM »

Traiter= End of!

Hamilton

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 09:33:35 PM »

On fron Jennifer's Dad's argument then: Is Capello a traitor to Italy?

If Butcher is not going to get a job with England, why shouldn't he work with his old pal & team-mate Burley for Scotland? If Scotland beat England it will be because Scotland will have been the better team.

Longman

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2008, 09:36:05 PM »

If Butcher is not going to get a job with England, why shouldn't he work with his old pal & team-mate Burley for Scotland? If Scotland beat England it will be because Scotland will have been the better team.

I feel you are missing the point here, firstly we are talking about Scotland, the auld enemy, they hate us with a passion!!  And we don't tend to like them either!  Also Butcher is saying he want's Scotland to win and that we would sing the anthem etc, there is no way a Scotsman would do this!

I feel really strongly about this, as I am a big Engalnd fan as well as an Alty one!

Narcissist

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2008, 09:41:17 PM »

Storm in a teacup.

Of course you want the team you train and put all your effort into to win. Why does it mean he cares any less about England?

Ive never seen what all the fuss is about with England to be honest. They're dissapointing every time and people seem to purposely act more bothered about it all than they actually are. Club level is where it counts for me.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2008, 09:50:09 PM »

I feel you are missing the point here, firstly we are talking about Scotland, the auld enemy, they hate us with a passion!!  And we don't tend to like them either!  Also Butcher is saying he want's Scotland to win and that we would sing the anthem etc, there is no way a Scotsman would do this!

I feel really strongly about this, as I am a big Engalnd fan as well as an Alty one!

Most Scots hate the English arrogance when it comes to the national team. They hate the media hype, the "God given expectation" that England should win every match, the mention of 1966 every time we play and Ian Wright, but there are many who like England to be 2nd best to Scotland or have a non-antagonistic rivalry - like to see us lose, but through nothing more than as a rivalry. A comparison would be wanting Vics to stay in the BSP - even if it is just so we can beat them next season too.

The Scots don't want another Vogts, but want to be successful whoever is in charge.

baldrick

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2008, 10:01:59 PM »

I can't be bothered hating Scotland. The real enemy is Germany. Scotland are no more important than Bolivia or Paraguay. They are just a silly little country near the north pole.

Longman

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2008, 10:11:31 PM »

I can't be bothered hating Scotland. The real enemy is Germany. Scotland are no more important than Bolivia or Paraguay. They are just a silly little country near the north pole.

HA HA HA, Brilliant.

Jacko

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2008, 10:12:48 PM »

just another asylum seeker, dont get what the big deal is, paul scholes and halve the england team never sang g.s.a.queen, anyway what is are identity? ist the queen partly german or something? times are changing rapidly
You did ask my opinion!!!

« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 10:34:29 PM by Jacko »

chrisrufc

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2008, 12:27:16 AM »

No one else will give him a job and a man has got to eat

James Black

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2008, 12:50:10 AM »

At least their manager is from there country we had to get ours from bleading italy dats wot state our countries managers are in but theres nothing wrong with capello da guys a genious.He going to win us sumet world cup would be nice. But no agree england to scotlandjust doesn't happen i'm english and proud. butcher u unpatriotic person stay up there  >:( >:(

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2008, 01:09:33 AM »

I've no interest in the national team at all, couldn't give a stuff.

Fine post James, keep up the good work! ::)
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Aussie Bob

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2008, 01:23:26 AM »

Well after his managerial time in Australia when he coached the reigning champions Sydney FC i dont think England have a lot to worry about . He was hated by the players , made them play really unattractive football and they missed the playoffs ...and he ended up getting the sack....
He is getting paid by the Scottish FA to help coach Scotland cant see why he is going to say he wants oppostion teams to win just because he represented them ?.....
There are so many players who have been internationals through tenous links in their familly (my second cousins grandmother is irish)that i cant see its that big an issue...personally i think that Scotland could have done a lot better that Butcher ...he was absolute toilet coaching Sydney FC ....

Graham Bennetts Perm

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2008, 01:29:17 PM »

Looks like he hasn't yet got over the head injury
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team